Page 6 of 184 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I like her powers as well. Was merely trying to think of what bio-electrics had to do with spiders for lilyinblue.
    My post was just meant to be in general, not directed at you. Sorry about that.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    My post was just meant to be in general, not directed at you. Sorry about that.
    No apology needed, was merely explaining myself. Sorry, I should've made that clear.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Those are Venom Blasts powers that's loaded with different types of toxins. The strange twist is that Spider-Man's pheromones makes Jessica inquisitive about him. Unlike Silk, Jessica knows when to hold back the urge to go after Spider-Man.
    Since when does Spider-man have pheromones?

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Since never.

(I mean... if you want to get technical... everybody has pheromones, but you have to be a Wolverine-type with a super nose to consciously detect them. Spidey doesn't have any pheromone-related powers.)

Ok, so they are just as random as they first appear then. That's fine

Thanks for the info!

Astonishing Member

Natural human pheromones that attracts certain women towards Peter Parker. A very good example at the moment is Silk....

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Natural human pheromones that attracts certain women towards Peter Parker. A very good example at the moment is Silk....
    That's both of their spider-senses responding, not pheramones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    She does not shoot laser beams. Also, her venom blasts are totally a misnomer. There's no toxins, no venom. They're bioelectric. The closest analog is probably an electric eel. As to what this has to do with spiders... I got nothin'

Also, she can't fly. The only version that could actually fly was the Skrull Queen. I guess the Skrulls felt she needed a bit of an oomph! RealJessica can only glide on air currents - and there are species of spiders that can do this!
    ....wait didn't sometime in the last couple of years Jess was made able to fly? I pretty sure that stuck even after the skrull queen thing.

That's both of their spider-senses responding, not pheramones.
    Jess doesn't actually have any sort of spider sense. There's very little overlap between her powers and Spidey's powers. The only thing they really share outside of the generic strength/speed/agility is the wall crawling.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    ....wait didn't sometime in the last couple of years Jess was made able to fly? I pretty sure that stuck even after the skrull queen thing.
    At least as of her last solo series, she definitely could not fly. Bendis had her falling off of buildings and crashing because she was out of costume and couldn't even glide. (But I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those things that changes depending on who is writing her. Yay for consistency!)

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Jess doesn't actually have any sort of spider sense. There's very little overlap between her powers and Spidey's powers. The only thing they really share outside of the generic strength/speed/agility is the wall crawling.
    I was talking about Silk.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Her first appearance had her flying into SHIELD HQ to assassinate Fury. Anything from Bendis' series was a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Her first appearance had her flying into SHIELD HQ to assassinate Fury. Anything from Bendis' series was a change.
    Bendis did not invent the 'gliding not flying' thing. It was just a relatively recent example that came to mind since we were trying to establish the state of her powers post-skrulling.

I remember in Avengers Annual 10 (Claremont, 1981)... Jessica catches Carol after Rogue tosses her from the Golden Gate bridge. But, she can't maintain her loft and they both end up in the water... leaving Jess with a pretty long and cold swim.
    Last edited by lilyinblue; 08-27-2014 at 08:30 AM.

BANNED

Can jess Web swing like Peter? Assuming she has mechanical Web shooters like Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    Can jess Web swing like Peter? Assuming she has mechanical Web shooters like Peter
    Negative on all counts. I mean... if somebody gave her some mechanical web shooters, I don't see why she couldn't use them... but they've never been in her arsenal.

Petey webs around, Jess glides.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison