Page 84 of 184 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2752

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It it ain't broke, don't fix it. And if you do change it -- make sure the design works for all occasions. I think the new one really only works for when she's doing legwork -- not fighting or being part of a crowed (tends to get lost). Also, the wings are too damn small to have any functionality. I never really got into the new direction for Jess -- so can't say I'm sorry to see this series ending.
    If that's the case then her orignal costume is broken, cause she would have looked silly doing detective work and trying to have a heart to heart with all the characters that she met along the way. The better way to look at is that now she has different outfits for different ocassions. She has her super hero classic costume (I still hope they change her old distracting yellow pattern) and one for legwork as you put it. I think being able to see a persons eyes is important when you want to have a deep and meaningful conversation, like she had with so many people in this run. I never once thought she got lost in the crowd either, her current costume is still striking, so it's a great combination of street clothes and super hero wear.

Also I thought the original wings were half cosmetic and half to aid her flight. Isn't her glide powers inherent? I think the wings are only there for a bit of added stability or control, not meant to allow her to glide in the first place, so the I dont think the new wings are too small. Plus since she traveling by motorcycle, they seem to be there more for emergnecy than anything else.
    Last edited by SlimeBeherit; 01-05-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Just read #14 (It was late in the post...) and oh my, Hopeless really has a talent for pulling at the heart strings. I love how Rodgers 'death' has effected Jess, and his ex-wife. Fish is doing a fantastic job with art too. Man, I just love this series.

In regards to her costumes, I was not overly fond of her new one at first... but now that she has been wearing it for a while, I have really gotten used to it. It really fits her line of work, and where she is in her life. I like the idea that her classic look, which I do love, is more for Avengers work that she may slip back into when the need arrives. That being said, I am not sure if I can see Jess going back to that style.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I did find it interesting how Jess went so incredibly long without ever having a costume change. She went... 37(ish) years on one costume. Almost nobody does that. In that same period of time, Carol (for example) had 4/5 major costume changes.
    Well when you think about it, she spent how many years after her initial series as PI? I think there were a number of years where if she made an appearance she was usually in civilian clothing. So that could be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    If that's the case then her orignal costume is broken, cause she would have looked silly doing detective work and trying to have a heart to heart with all the characters that she met along the way. The better way to look at is that now she has different outfits for different ocassions. She has her super hero classic costume (I still hope they change her old distracting yellow pattern) and one for legwork as you put it. I think being able to see a persons eyes is important when you want to have a deep and meaningful conversation, like she had with so many people in this run. I never once thought she got lost in the crowd either, her current costume is still striking, so it's a great combination of street clothes and super hero wear.

Also I thought the original wings were half cosmetic and half to aid her flight. Isn't her glide powers inherent? I think the wings are only there for a bit of added stability or control, not meant to allow her to glide in the first place, so the I dont think the new wings are too small. Plus since she traveling by motorcycle, they seem to be there more for emergnecy than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Just read #14 (It was late in the post...) and oh my, Hopeless really has a talent for pulling at the heart strings. I love how Rodgers 'death' has effected Jess, and his ex-wife. Fish is doing a fantastic job with art too. Man, I just love this series.

In regards to her costumes, I was not overly fond of her new one at first... but now that she has been wearing it for a while, I have really gotten used to it. It really fits her line of work, and where she is in her life. I like the idea that her classic look, which I do love, is more for Avengers work that she may slip back into when the need arrives. That being said, I am not sure if I can see Jess going back to that style.
    Excellent points I didn't think about so thank you for that. I think she actually does need the webwings to glide and it depends on the artist as to the size of the wings.

And Hopeless is good at kicking you right in the feels. #14 was heartbreaking. This series is so good. It hasn't let me down yet.
    Last edited by Seren; 01-05-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Well when you think about it, she spent how many years after her initial series as PI? I think there were a number of years where if she made an appearance she was usually in civilian clothing. So that could be part of it.
    Plus she only wanted to scale down the crazyness of being a superhero but not give it up entirely. This way she can still approach her obstacles as Spider-Woman and not just Jessica Drew.

Wasn't she also depowered for a while, along with Julia, so that Mattie wouldn't get overshadowed? After Mattie's book ended, both previous Spider-Women were brought back, but Julia took a new codename and Jess... wasn't really Jess. The one that brought back the classic outfit was actually a skrull imposter!

And of course... superheroes, just like everyone else, are subject to fashion trends!

The spandex look is so 1977.

Still works for me, the same way Spiderman's.

And of course... superheroes, just like everyone else, are subject to fashion trends!

The spandex look is so 1977.
    It really is. They have far more breathable materials these days. Pretty sure Under Armor has laid claim to the super hero market :P
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I did find it interesting how Jess went so incredibly long without ever having a costume change. She went... 37(ish) years on one costume. Almost nobody does that. In that same period of time, Carol (for example) had 4/5 major costume changes.
    she had one when she operated in Madripoor and for her Heroes for Hire appearances. I couldn't find a really good picture of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    she had one when she operated in Madripoor and for her Heroes for Hire appearances. I couldn't find a really good picture of it.
    Time to visit my old Friend Marvel Unlimited and read those back issues.

Time to visit my old Friend Marvel Unlimited and read those back issues.
    it's the last two issues. I was quite disappointed; after seeing her return after so long.

Extraordinary Member

As petty at it sounds, I am reluctant to read SW due to the crap costume

I have to disagree. There's a problem when the character you are trying to promote is more often portrayed as a sex kitten rather than a super hero. And as we've seen with a lot of Spider-Woman art in her old costume - that's exactly how Jess was portrayed more often than not. I do like the old costume (hell it was designed by a woman and it does stand out. And it was a hell of a lot better than what some of the other lady heroes at the time had), but the costume change was 100% necessary in my opinion and I am all the more happier with it.
    I just really liked the mask. It's the coolest kind of Superheromask in my opinion. For both genders.

Other than that I do prefer her in the new custome.
    They just have to make sure it still looks like a custome and doesn't go full casual like the "custome" of another Ex Avenger who wears a black t-shirt and sometimes even only jeans with it nowadays. *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Sucks to be you I guess.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I just really liked the mask. It's the coolest kind of Superheromask in my opinion. For both genders.
    oof I don't know about that. The mask has always bothered me. Like from which direction does she pull that sock onto her face?

I think a mask like Kamala's would work better.

I like my heroes to be able to emote.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Sorry you feel that way. You're missing out on some great stuff.

I found the article where someone broke down why the new outfit is a good one. It was really interesting. They have a whole bunch of other articles too..pretty cool blog.
    Last edited by Seren; 01-05-2017 at 05:50 PM.