Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am so gutted this is Duggan's last issue. His writing has been amazing on this book.

BANNED

Looks real good.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I am so gutted this is Duggan's last issue. His writing has been amazing on this book.
    For real... I'm going to be so sad after I finish reading this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    She is 100 times stronger and more durable than in the 90s .
    but generaly this is great Rogue.
    Where do you get "100" ? Back when Rogue had the abilities taken from Carol, Rogue could lift 50 tons. You are now saying Rogue can lift 5000 tons? :-p
    Funny, 20 years ago, back when Kurt Busiek was just starting out writing the Avengers, Beast put Carol though a battery of tests to see why she no longer had her Binary form!

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Beast and Wonder Man were in Secret Empire 1.
    Looks like Beast didnt invite his best bud to New Tian. Maybe Emma has a rule against non-mutants. I always wanted to have Simon's physiology altered to have the X-Gene due to being kind of merged with Rogue. I supposed there's still time for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Where do you get "100" ? Back when Rogue had the abilities taken from Carol, Rogue could lift 50 tons. You are now saying Rogue can lift 5000 tons? :-p
    Funny, 20 years ago, back when Kurt Busiek was just starting out writing the Avengers, Beast put Carol though a battery of tests to see why she no longer had her Binary form!
    The "100x" came from the fact that Wonder Man is far stronger than Captain Marvel. He can contend with beasts like Odinson and no-sell fights from Red Hulk and Namor. I'd put him up there with Blue Marvel, Sentry, & Hyperion.

Damn I'm going to miss Duggan. Deadpool laughs, and Rogue aside, did we see an actual glimpse of Beast when he was likable?! Wonders never cease.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

IMO, I think Rogue should have taken Hank up on taking those tests. Not only to determend her power level but to see if it is permanent and to see what long term exposure to Simon may have changed her . Also to see if her original power level is back to it's "Mature level" which it was allowed to develop back in "Legacy".

She should be back to normal: Deadpool's healing factor cured her M-pox. As for keeping Simon's powers, I guess she perma-absorbed them. She's basically at full strength.

Would have no complaints about Hank and Simon joining the team after Secret Empire if the other books aren't using them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Wonder Man had problems with 50 000 tons but he was strong enough to lift this for some time
    2208116-avengers192075xt.jpg
    or this
    654037-wm_lifts_hb_2.jpg

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Beast "Amazing it took Rogue this long to slap Deadpool. That skin on skin contact made it possible"
    Wonder Man "I'd give ever dollar I own to remember it like that"

Lol Wonder Man needs brain-bleach to erase the RoguePool smooch-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Beast "Amazing it took Rogue this long to slap Deadpool. That skin on skin contact made it possible"
    Wonder Man "I'd give ever dollar I own to remember it like that"

Lol Wonder Man needs brain-bleach to erase the RoguePool smooch-off.
    I read that bit and very loudly said, "Me too, Simon!!" HA.

Duggan is a matter troller, I'll give some serious props on that count. Thankfully he's a great story teller as well. Can't remember the last time a writer could cheese me off and yet keep me coming back for more, tbh....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    I read that bit and very loudly said, "Me too, Simon!!" HA.

Duggan is a matter troller, I'll give some serious props on that count. Thankfully he's a great story teller as well. Can't remember the last time a writer could cheese me off and yet keep me coming back for more, tbh....
    You can buy dozen Astonishing X-men 1 artgerm var. Thanks to that You will give ever dollar You own and romy will be back

Astonishing Member

Well, I'm not exactly sure why it should have been 'obvious' that deadpool' healing factor could short circuit a battery, but it should have been obvious to try that to cure the m-pox. Seriously, I assumed it had been tried off panel during by the eight month gap and didn't work for whatever fake science reason. This was the first time? Didn't try with deadpool or OML or Laura, etc...?

Ultimate Member

Maybe it was more of a quick fix thing, like he was leaving the book and they didn't want Rogue to still have the M-Pox thing so...odd that Beast seems to be welcomed back into the fold without any anger or whatever...they'll probably just use Secret Empire to fix everything X-related...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe it was more of a quick fix thing, like he was leaving the book and they didn't want Rogue to still have the M-Pox thing so...odd that Beast seems to be welcomed back into the fold without any anger or whatever...they'll probably just use Secret Empire to fix everything X-related...
    I think Marvel have realised that IVX was a bad idea and so are using secret empire to change that... Emma's already ditched that awful costume and the X-editors said she wasn't regarded as a villain as much... Clearly the same has happened to Beast too who looks to be appearing in Astonishing X-Men alongside Rogue.