Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Slider from X-Men vs Avengers #4. I remember they introduced 3 new mutants that they never used.

Also PAD introduced a new x-villain during his first X-Factor run. I think he was supposed to be called Armageddon but that plot never went anywhere.

The Slingers (Dusk, Hornet, Prodigy, Ricochet)

How many know of this loosely-Spider-Man adjacent team? The only one to gain traction at all was Ricochet, and even then he's still on the D-List.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

How many know of this loosely-Spider-Man adjacent team? The only one to gain traction at all was Ricochet, and even then he's still on the D-List.
    Led by Black Marvel. I liked the characters but the series sucked.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

I did. I was disappointed that it was only a limited series.

Put Ricochet on the X-Men.

Killspree.

ABE25C3A-1F54-4DAA-B25A-B6AD1F9AB71A.jpg

Had this guy’s action figure as a kid. Never saw him in a comic but could just tell he was incredibly awesome.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Put Ricochet on the X-Men.
    Nah.

Would only make him more obscure amongst more notable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Led by Black Marvel. I liked the characters but the series sucked.
    I really liked "Slingers" - mostly the dynamic between the characters and the ChrissCross art. It definitely went off the rails once ChrissCross left and the plot veered into their weird origin involving Mephisto. I have a difficult time believing it was meant to be a mini from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Nah.

Would only make him more obscure amongst more notable characters.
    I don't know how being actually published would make him more obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I really liked "Slingers" - mostly the dynamic between the characters and the ChrissCross art. It definitely went off the rails once ChrissCross left and the plot veered into their weird origin involving Mephisto. I have a difficult time believing it was meant to be a mini from the get-go.
    It wasn't.

I remember Joe Harris sharing teasers about the second year of Slingers that we never got: specifically, Hornet was going to lift Thor's hammer; also, at least some of the team were going to get updated/different costumes.

I think Joe also hinted that Phil Urich could've been in the works as well.

-Pav, who can't believe he's been on the internet for so long...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Felt compelled to mention Motormouth, a street teen with an attitude turned hero.

No sure if they were mentioned but....

Phone Ranger
    Lectronn

Extraordinary Member

Priscilla Lyons AKA Vagabond. Nomad's girlfriend who tagged along with him and Steve when he was The Captain. Trained to be a Scourge but turned on them and helped U.S.Agent take them down.

As an aside...I really hate when normal women are put in nothing more than a bathing suit....here's Captain America in his bulletproof chainmail suit...and here is Vagabond in a bathing suit, ragged t-shirt and knee high boots.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 10-19-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Also don't forget cap's 90s sidekick free spirit!

[IMG][/IMG]

And robyn hood who was friends with spidey. She was only in what two issues? She would be great in the new warriors.

[IMG][/IMG]

Don't have a picture but odin made a clone of thor right before heroes reborn that acted and looked more like the myths thor. When the real thor came back he just went away. Did they ever tell what happened to him?

Speaking of thor clones in heroes reborn the heroes reborn thor turns out to be a clone and the real thor shows up later. The clone dies fighting loki and thor makes him a avenger! (your a true avenger!")

Yet the clone is never listed as a avenger in any of the avengers members listings and didn't even show up in jla vs avengers 4. (ouch!) Even anti-vision and spider-woman skrull are still listed as avengers!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Also don't forget cap's 90s sidekick free spirit!

[IMG][/IMG]

And robyn hood who was friends with spidey. She was only in what two issues? She would be great in the new warriors.

[IMG][/IMG]

Don't have a picture but odin made a clone of thor right before heroes reborn that acted and looked more like the myths thor. When the real thor came back he just went away. Did they ever tell what happened to him?

Speaking of thor clones in heroes reborn the heroes reborn thor turns out to be a clone and the real thor shows up later. The clone dies fighting loki and thor makes him a avenger! (your a true avenger!")

Yet the clone is never listed as a avenger in any of the avengers members listings and didn't even show up in jla vs avengers 4. (ouch!) Even anti-vision and spider-woman skrull are still listed as avengers!
    Speaking of Thor clones...

No word on Ragnorak since the end of the last Dark Avengers.