Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

The Shiver Man
    IMG_0779.jpg

Hero might be stretching it a little but I'm not sure that to many people would remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Others that are possibly dead / universe destroyed / forgotten, that I'd love to see again;

Old, old, Contest of Champions-fodder / random ethnic heroes, Defensor and El Aquila.
    Defensor is dead, killed in a Captain America story, IIRC. El Aguila is definitely forgotten.
    I surrender to the Contest

Wiz Kid (Takeshi Matsuya) a mutant who could control technology - and had a super cool wheelchair which I think could fly. He first appeared in the Inferno crossover and helped Artie and Leech fight demons. Apparently he was last seen in Avengers Academy.

(300th post!)
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Wasn't whiz kid in the X-Men 2 movie?

Also what about stunt master?

Or ghost girl from the crusaders?

Or human top and golden girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Stuntmaster was in Waid's Daredevil run, where he went back to a life of crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Yay! I loved all of these obscure characters!

Astonishing Member

Flexo the Rubber Robot!

Fantastic Member

There's slightly obscure, and then there's really obscure.

Try Ares' forgotten son Monstro, Roko the Amazing, the Danger Twins, or Subbie the Sea-Going Lad.

Or, moving forward, out of the Golden Age, consider the Crusader, the Dutch Spiderman, SHRA resistors Phone Ranger and Lectronn, World War II hero Ash, Miles Flatt, Dragonfly, Shark Rider, the members of Surf, Struwwelpeter, Springheeled Jack, Possum Man, Plot-Device Man, Misdemeanor Man, Captain Armenia, Harvard Man, or Time Smasher.

Then there's the forgotten New Mutant Cougar, and lost Marvel UK heroes Killfrenzy, Warhide, Ripwire, Golden Grenadier, STOMP, Red Squirrel Man and Officer Outbody.

How about Electro-Man, a hero so obscure he hasn't actually made an appearance? Or the X-Men's laundryman X-Press and Hispanic hero Legumbe, neither of whom have even made an appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    There's slightly obscure, and then there's really obscure.

Try Ares' forgotten son Monstro, Roko the Amazing, the Danger Twins, or Subbie the Sea-Going Lad.

Or, moving forward, out of the Golden Age, consider the Crusader, the Dutch Spiderman, SHRA resistors Phone Ranger and Lectronn, World War II hero Ash, Miles Flatt, Dragonfly, Shark Rider, the members of Surf, Struwwelpeter, Springheeled Jack, Possum Man, Plot-Device Man, Misdemeanor Man, Captain Armenia, Harvard Man, or Time Smasher.

Then there's the forgotten New Mutant Cougar, and lost Marvel UK heroes Killfrenzy, Warhide, Ripwire, Golden Grenadier, STOMP, Red Squirrel Man and Officer Outbody.

How about Electro-Man, a hero so obscure he hasn't actually made an appearance? Or the X-Men's laundryman X-Press and Hispanic hero Legumbe, neither of whom have even made an appearance?
    Wow. I had not heard of most of these characters and have spent most of the evening reading their profiles and other obscure characters linked to them. Thanks for posting this, it was extremely entertaining.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    There's slightly obscure, and then there's really obscure.[SNIP]
    Wow, I was like 'ooh, I remember the Crusader, fighting the Thing, and Dragonfly, from the Ani-Men!' And then these were not them, but even *more* obscure characters! Good eye, Loki!

Incredible Member

Metalscream 2099

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Mr. Wu, who may be Marvel’s first Asian hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I give you Blackwulf. The poster boy for 90's Marvel. They even gave him his own series that last 10 issues, but I doubt you could find 1 person out of 100 who have actually read it.

Actually, I did read all 10 issues of Blackwulf and my all-time favorite character from that series is Sparrow.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/sparrowwulf.htm

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Wiz Kid (Takeshi Matsuya) a mutant who could control technology - and had a super cool wheelchair which I think could fly. He first appeared in the Inferno crossover and helped Artie and Leech fight demons. Apparently he was last seen in Avengers Academy.
    In Inferno! he was forced by a demon to create a searchable database of magical spells (based on the demon misunderstanding the word 'spellchecker' IIRC). It would be interesting if he had branched out into magic, and now, instead of a transforming wheelchair-copter-thingie, wore Dr. Doom like silvery armor that was animated by his technomorphic power (creating the illusion that he could walk, although it would be his power moving the legs of the armor). No more 'Wiz Kid.' He'd now be a 'Steel Sorcerer' or something!