Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Spectacular Member

Really loved this issue. The only thing that kinda felt weird was how chipper Starbrand and Black Widow were about the entire thing. Although I guess they do help keep the issue from being too heavy at times. I'm also starting to kinda dislike the way Cap seems to be acting lately. I absolutely LOVED Cap in "Infinity" but he just seems so stubborn at the moment. Of course, I'm expecting Hickman to have a lot more twists and turns as the story progresses so I'm still not sure whether Steve or Tony will end up being labled "death" and the other "life" as hinted at the beginning of the run.

The Groot part was great, too. I wonder if there's anything important about that piece of fruit that Franklin told Starbrand not to eat? It all seemed very...biblical.

After all the recent announcements y'all need to reread this arc again I noticed this in the last issue. I guess Cap will be back soon

Thor being unworthy was also brought up in #31 I think
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    After all the recent announcements y'all need to reread this arc again I noticed this in the last issue. I guess Cap will be back soon

Thor being unworthy was also brought up in #31 I think
    We don't know yet if #31 and #32 are happening (for a value of happening that covers taking a time travel jaunt to many future eras, of course) before Captain America #21, or after Steve Rogers comes back as Cap, do we?

Or do we? Checking... nope, it was the recent Avengers Undercover with a Steve Cap appearance that noted it happened before Cap #21, not this series. Still, it seems more likely that Hickman's storyline, or at least Steve's part in it, wraps up before Steve is depowered, than that its conclusion will either tease or have to wait on Sam turning the shield back over to Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    We don't know yet if #31 and #32 are happening (for a value of happening that covers taking a time travel jaunt to many future eras, of course) before Captain America #21, or after Steve Rogers comes back as Cap, do we?

Or do we? Checking... nope, it was the recent Avengers Undercover with a Steve Cap appearance that noted it happened before Cap #21, not this series. Still, it seems more likely that Hickman's storyline, or at least Steve's part in it, wraps up before Steve is depowered, than that its conclusion will either tease or have to wait on Sam turning the shield back over to Steve.
    That's future Tony though with his new armor
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    That's future Tony though with his new armor
    True. Of course, while the caption says it's Steve, that's certainly not his regular outfit. Maybe he gets kitted out in power armor to make up for not having the serum any longer, since that's what it kinda looks like.

Or maybe the Incursion storyline does drag on past the era of Sam Wilson as Captain America. It's hard to say; we still haven't seen Cap and the other Avengers fighting those Martian war machines as foreseen way back in Reborn, and we don't know whether that's because it's still coming, or because it doesn't pay to focus so much on every detail of every panel when it's a vision of a (possible?) future.

I have to wonder what is meant by this phrase in Avengers #9, "Before the Fall". We read it a couple of times in conjunction with the White Event. "After the Light, Before the War, Before the Fall", and the implication is that Avengers World was imminently going to end. I think we are seeing this collapse going on right now, with the secrets being exposed in OS, the FF kicked out of their house, and, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor being replaced, soon. The Event next April seems to point to a collapse of the Avengers World that was the peak of the capability of the Avengers as they seem to have over stretched themselves. We also have to remember Captain Universe is dying, and that can't be a good thing. So something happens in April that empowers a lot of villains to rise against the Avengers, and some ragtag group is all that is left of what once was this Universe ranging Organization.