Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

Tbh, I like Wally and all (bought Waid's first run today) but him and Barry treated Bart like sh*t imo. Who needs them when u have Max Mercury.
    It may not be biological, but Max is still one of DC's greatest dads, hands down.

And I knew about Wally...do I even WANT to know how Barry treated Bart? Obviously, I do want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    It may not be biological, but Max is still one of DC's greatest dads, hands down.

And I knew about Wally...do I even WANT to know how Barry treated Bart? Obviously, I do want to know.
    iirc, they were distant to the point they barely had a relationship which sucks since one of Barry's best traits is that he's a nice guy that loves to teach the youth.

Actually, Bart should show up in Flash Rebirth with a "ta-da" appareance like in YJTV while saying "Thanks, Barry!"

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

iirc, they were distant to the point they barely had a relationship which sucks since one of Barry's best traits is that he's a nice guy that loves to teach the youth.

Actually, Bart should show up in Flash Rebirth with a "ta-da" appareance like in YJTV while saying "Thanks, Barry!"
    Oh, I think that he totally will. When Impulse comes back it's going to be a huge deal, especially given that he hasn't shown up since Flashpoint.

In fact, Bart is impervious to reboots. He kind of is the perfect character to represent the entire Rebirth. Fitting that it's another Flash.

Also I just started reading the Impulse solo! It's really really good so far.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

He kind of is the perfect character to represent the entire Rebirth. Fitting that it's another Flash.
    The Trinity may be the head of the DCU, but I've always believed the Flash Family to be the heart. I'd also say the JSA and Legion are the soul, but that's getting into a whole nother conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Also I just started reading the Impulse solo! It's really really good so far.
    Glad you're enjoying it! The book is pretty much always consistently great.

According to the solicits, Barry will travel to the future after the events of the button. Some chance that we get a Impulse/Legion Easter egg?

Though considering he's a fan favorite I imagine he'd be announced in the solicits.

According to the solicits, Barry will travel to the future after the events of the button. Some chance that we get a Impulse/Legion Easter egg?

Though considering he's a fan favorite I imagine he'd be announced in the solicits.
    The solicits also tease the importance of Barry and Iris's relationship, and since Bart's existence is kind of keyed to that...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The solicits also tease the importance of Barry and Iris's relationship, and since Bart's existence is kind of keyed to that...
    Bart bout to come back and his friends are MIA

Though he might as well be the key to Tim's rescue

BANNED

Or they'd rather keep his return a surprise and leave him out of all solicits until he's back.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I recently started thinking that Barry goes to fight Eobard over JAY. I mean, we know he likely appears in Flash #22 (unless DC REALLY wanna piss fans off after a relatively good streak of not doing so), but that doesn't mean he's free or anything. I can see Eobard pulling a dick move like taking Jay to the future to torture him or something.

I never wondered about Bart's role in the aftermath of The Button, but I guess he could be teased a bit. I think he'll definitely show up before XS, though nothing says she'll still exist or be in the Legion when they reappear. With Legion stuff, I can see an easter egg happening, possibly, but nothing that directly ties into their return. The plans for that seem to be a little bit wonky, given how a Batgirl Annual was blatantly teasing its involvement... before obviously being rewritten. Supergirl ALSO teased it pretty hard, but the first issue didn't deal with them that much.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Bart bout to come back and his friends are MIA

Though he might as well be the key to Tim's rescue
    See, when it comes to Tim, Kon and Bart's mishandling, I'm not sure how it will be approached.

Tim was moved closer to his Robin characterisation before disappearing. I can see them patching things so that he WAS Robin, but will still be Red Robin.

Kon was pretty screwed, and the only proper name he's ever had is being used by someone else, a character who's very beloved already despite being relatively recent. So I can see Kon coming back pretty easily (just say the one from the New 52 was never REALLY him) but either with a public identity (meaning going by Kon-El and not Conner Kent, which the YJ fans would probs prefer) or with a new name. Idno, Supernova was a decent name from 52.

Bart... well, with Bar Torr, there's an easy out: one issue had Bar Torr wearing the Inertia costume. Just have it so Intertia was trying to steal Bart's place in the DCU, and this also gives him some more personal hatred from the Teen Titans and Young Justice. Bart can come back via Barry somehow (I mean, he Is the bolt that struck Barry in Flashpoint), though I'd prefer WALLY bring him back, as he debuted in Wally's run and had more of a relationship with Wally than with Barry afaik. Idno, maybe have Wally somehow pull him out of Barry. While he'd still be in the KF costume, you can probs have him say "I always liked Impulse better anyway" when NuWally shows up, as both a reason to go back to that name AND make another jab at Dan DiDio.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post

Bart... well, with Bar Torr, there's an easy out: one issue had Bar Torr wearing the Inertia costume. Just have it so Intertia was trying to steal Bart's place in the DCU, and this also gives him some more personal hatred from the Teen Titans and Young Justice. Bart can come back via Barry somehow (I mean, he Is the bolt that struck Barry in Flashpoint), though I'd prefer WALLY bring him back, as he debuted in Wally's run and had more of a relationship with Wally than with Barry afaik. Idno, maybe have Wally somehow pull him out of Barry. While he'd still be in the KF costume, you can probs have him say "I always liked Impulse better anyway" when NuWally shows up, as both a reason to go back to that name AND make another jab at Dan DiDio.
    If any speedster would be pulling Bart out, it would HAVE to be Max. Wally never treated Bart right, and he certainly wasn't the father to him that Max was.

The only other person I'd accept pulling Bart out of the Speedforce would be Carol.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-17-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    If any speedster would be pulling Bart out, it would HAVE to be Max. Wally never treated Bart right, and he certainly wasn't the father to him that Max was.

The only other person I'd accept pulling Bart out of the Speedforce would be Carol.
    Actually, in the Wally thread, I remember people noting that Williamson HAS said he's planning Max's return, and that was a while ago. Not sure if he'll come back before or after Bart, but hey, plans at least exist for him. Hopefully he gets to stay an independant character not tied to the JSA.

With Wally, I never really cared that much abiyt their relationship, as it seemed like Wally just treated Bart like his annoying younger cousin, which DOES make sense from his position. I did like the brief thing where Linda was his cool older lady friend, kinda like Iris was to Wally. But I think it'd be cool to have Wally bring Bart back, what with him MAYBE remembering Bart and Bart first appearing in his run, like how I'm glad Barry will likely bring Jay back. Idno, I like the idea of a Flash bringing back another (I know, I know, we don't acknowledge that part of Bart's career) who's been retconned out of existence.

The thing about Bart is there haven't been any big teases about him in-universe (and out of universe, the Max thing is it, and MAYBE the other two Mr. Oz glass prisons), so I get the feeling he'll come back waaaaaaaay down the line, once they work out a dynamic for the Flash family, given the characters they've already teased already fill out the family quite a bit (we got Barry, Wally and NuWally already, and we're likely getting Jay (unless they REALLY wanna piss people off) and Jesse). Though I can see Bart's return being the center of a Flash event or crossover between The Flash, Titans, Teen Titans and JSA. That or he just comes back with Tim and they fill us in afterwards, though I think people might get sick of exposition dump Rebirth issues by that point unless they're unavoidable (eg, Action Comics' last few issues)
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-17-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Regular pulls:

*brings back this thread* Hey guys, anyone who reads Flash, is it true that there were easter eggs about Impulse?

BANNED

*brings back this thread* Hey guys, anyone who reads Flash, is it true that there were easter eggs about Impulse?
    Yeah. Like in the Lazarus Contract, the word "Impulsive" was apparently in bold, as Eobard was asking NuWally what kind of Kid Flash he was....I think, I don't actually read Flash and I was just reading another thread.