Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

so even if he isn’t returning (yet) he sure is going to be remembered by someone

Flash #46 cover, focus on the bottom right

D3E2AFE0-B8E8-484B-A58D-590B185D2CFC.jpg
    F2F4B0A5-A677-47ED-BF5C-59A9249831A2.jpg

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I can't see anything, it's another hint for a Bart return?

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I can't see anything, it's another hint for a Bart return?
    It’s Wally apparently regaining his memories and one of the memories is this image

A23DE0B7-D859-4938-B464-3DC35B3A4A97.jpg
    C936F56C-1780-4D25-A963-FB36185D7656.jpg

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

ok thanks, good news! cross the fingers

BANNED

Our boy is so close to coming back I can see his mountain of hair in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    so even if he isn’t returning (yet) he sure is going to be remembered by someone

Flash #46 cover, focus on the bottom right

D3E2AFE0-B8E8-484B-A58D-590B185D2CFC.jpg
    F2F4B0A5-A677-47ED-BF5C-59A9249831A2.jpg
    Ooh! Nice .

Ohh! I'm so happy to see ANY mention of Bart in theFlash book

Mighty Member

So I've been making my way through the 90s runs of Superboy, Robin, and Impulse slowly. I just finished the Messner-Loebs run of Impulse and I've felt a little unsure about it. Impulse has been great so far. The issues are enjoyable and funny, but for some reason my eagerness to read the title took a nose dive once Mark Waid left and I've been trying to figure out why. Part of it is definitely that I greatly preferred Humberto Ramos's art to the art of Craig Rousseau, but I think it involves the writing as well. I think Messner-Loebs is great, but it just wasn't working for me the same way. Maybe it was the fact that I felt like this run was so much more inconsequential that Waid's. It's funny and enjoyable, but it doesn't have the same pathos that Waid brought to the book. It doesn't feel like Bart or Max are treated as deeply as they were before. Maybe reading this run in chunks didn't help it at all, as that many fun stand alone stories in a row might have lost their impact or charm. I'm not sure. I'd be curious to hear what other people think of Waid vs. Messner-Loebs in terms of their Impulse run.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    So I've been making my way through the 90s runs of Superboy, Robin, and Impulse slowly. I just finished the Messner-Loebs run of Impulse and I've felt a little unsure about it. Impulse has been great so far. The issues are enjoyable and funny, but for some reason my eagerness to read the title took a nose dive once Mark Waid left and I've been trying to figure out why. Part of it is definitely that I greatly preferred Humberto Ramos's art to the art of Craig Rousseau, but I think it involves the writing as well. I think Messner-Loebs is great, but it just wasn't working for me the same way. Maybe it was the fact that I felt like this run was so much more inconsequential that Waid's. It's funny and enjoyable, but it doesn't have the same pathos that Waid brought to the book. It doesn't feel like Bart or Max are treated as deeply as they were before. Maybe reading this run in chunks didn't help it at all, as that many fun stand alone stories in a row might have lost their impact or charm. I'm not sure. I'd be curious to hear what other people think of Waid vs. Messner-Loebs in terms of their Impulse run.
    I definitely get what you mean. I love Messner-Loebs' run, but it definitely lacks the same degree of heart and depth that Waid and Dezago brought to the book. I would agree that Waid's run was better on the whole, but, since you're about to get to it, I'll let you know that I do think Messner-Loebs' run is better than Dezago's. The reason being that while a lot of Dezago's run is just as top quality as Waid's and it features by far the best story in the book (and as I've said before, one of my favorite comic stories, period) should you choose to continue reading after issue #67, your reading of the book will end with a bad taste in your mouth. There IS still really good stuff after that point, but stopping at any point after that or reading to the end will just leave you on an anti-climax or really pissed off.

Have I mentioned how much I hate that so many of my favorite books have crap, editorially mandated endings?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I definitely get what you mean. I love Messner-Loebs' run, but it definitely lacks the same degree of heart and depth that Waid and Dezago brought to the book. I would agree that Waid's run was better on the whole, but, since you're about to get to it, I'll let you know that I do think Messner-Loebs' run is better than Dezago's. The reason being that while a lot of Dezago's run is just as top quality as Waid's and it features by far the best story in the book (and as I've said before, one of my favorite comic stories, period) should you choose to continue reading after issue #67, your reading of the book will end with a bad taste in your mouth. There IS still really good stuff after that point, but stopping at any point after that or reading to the end will just leave you on an anti-climax or really pissed off.

Have I mentioned how much I hate that so many of my favorite books have crap, editorially mandated endings?
    Will the fact that I like Geoff Johns's Teen Titans and Bart's role in that change my enjoyment of the ending at all? I mean, I figure the end is getting Bart on the path to that.

On another note, I just read Impulse: Bart Saves the Universe, which was great (other than Wally acting like a total jerk and not so great art). It was hilarious and had a lot of the pathos I had been missing. I suppose I shouldn't have expected any less from Christopher Priest. I just wish the art had been better.
    Currently Reading:

BANNED

Will the fact that I like Geoff Johns's Teen Titans and Bart's role in that change my enjoyment of the ending at all? I mean, I figure the end is getting Bart on the path to that.
    I don't think it will. It's definitely meant to get Bart to where he is in Johns' run, but it does so in a way that gives a middle finger to everything you've just read.

On another note, I just read Impulse: Bart Saves the Universe, which was great (other than Wally acting like a total jerk and not so great art). It was hilarious and had a lot of the pathos I had been missing. I suppose I shouldn't have expected any less from Christopher Priest. I just wish the art had been better.
    Yup, probably my favorite work from Priest.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I don't think it will. It's definitely meant to get Bart to where he is in Johns' run, but it does so in a way that gives a middle finger to everything you've just read.
    Well, we'll see how it goes, but I read the first few issues of Dezago's run and they were great. A marked improvement. It just feels like it is all building to something again. I hope it doesn't all come crashing down.
    Currently Reading:

BANNED

I hope it doesn't all come crashing down.
    No need to worry on that end. The build up from those early issues pays off gloriously.

Apparently in the Flash/Speed Buggy one shot Bart makes an appearance? Or is it Bar Torr?

Because I think I saw Impulse!Bart in one image but in the other it was Bar Torr.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Apparently in the Flash/Speed Buggy one shot Bart makes an appearance? Or is it Bar Torr?

Because I think I saw Impulse!Bart in one image but in the other it was Bar Torr.
    Impulse is in a flashback of sorts, along with Barry, Wallace, Jesse Quick and a couple of others on the good side, and Godspeed, N52-Thawne (?) and Daniel/Reverse Flash on the bad.

Barr Tor actually appears in the "six months later" epilogue, alongside Wally, Wallace, Barry, Linda, the Titans, Blue Beetle (Ted) & Booster Gold and a general cast o'thousands.