Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Well I like the Damien led titans so no

Do you have any proof or is it your assumption?

Yeah cause having long running solo and team series for years is not proof
    Or that every list asking for characters back has them on it
    Or that their is the YJ show coming back with these characters front and center.

BANNED

Well a cancelled show that didn't sell anything and only comes back because of a stream service is not an accomplishment and rebirth only started two years ago and clearly DC cares about Damien generation more then tim's

BANNED

And to strength my point here's the last two teen titans series through the first 21 issues

here's the 2014 tim as lead titans who are supposed to be "money"

1)52,358
    2)40,687
    3)39,198
    4)36,364
    5)34,101
    6)30,955
    7)34,051
    8)38,363
    9)33,412
    10)28,547
    11)32,112
    12)26,796
    13)26,511
    14)26,239
    15)27,201
    16)24,201
    17)23,566
    18)23,056
    19)21,989
    20)18,593
    21)18,766

here's the 2016 Damian lead titans who are the real money

rebirth)84,919.
    1)64,963
    2)52,877
    3)44,116
    4)41,304
    5)39,028
    6)37,572
    7)36,056
    8)43,385
    9)36,058
    10)35,308
    11)33,434
    12)57,359
    13)32,058
    14)30,596
    15)38,745
    16)28,722
    17)27,828
    18)27,289
    19)26,124
    20)67,978
    21)32,095

and the numbers are from comichron so you can see damian gen outsells tim gen.

Kon93

Are you done hating in a appreciation thread now?

BANNED

Not hating just stating facts that's all

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Yeah, LP22 isn't wrong here. Tim's generation has a vocal fanbase, but lots of things have that; it doesn't necessarily translate to sales -- just look at what happened with the most recent Nova ongoing after the Richard Rider fanbase had been up in arms for years. And crap, the Young Justice show is a weird hybrid of generations anyway, and Tim's generation gets focus in the form of Kon (and I guess Megan); Bart was a victim of season 2's large cast, but even then he did the most out of him and Tim and Cassie got one character trait each for the entire season. It's possible season 3 will give them more to do... but Dick has his Outsiders, the team that has its name in the title, so... yeah.

I think DC really should do something with them soon though. They have been awful at capitalising on the demand and hype from Rebirth: Wally still doesn't have a proper series of his own (and only had a main role in one Flash arc, with a supporting role in another), the JSA and Legion are still absent and Tim's generation has had pretty much nothing done with them. And this is AFTER Rebirth has ended! Even if it won't be a best-seller or anything, there are those who want a series about Tim's generation and nothing is being done with them. There's, really, nothing in the way of the series happening.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 09-21-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I really don't care which generation sell more than other, I'm a 90's fan and i'm feeling screwed by DC.
    I'm a reader and a customer exactly like others and all i ask is to have a little room for my favorite characters too.
    Further more if I had my generation of heroes back I would perhaps be more supportive of the new one.
    There would be plenty of room for everyone, problem is DC doesn't seem to agree cause having 3/4 generations of heroes is aging his 1 tier heroes.

BANNED

I really don't care which generation sell more than other, I'm a 90's fan and i'm feeling screwed by DC.
    I'm a reader and a customer exactly like others and all i ask is to have a little room for my favorite characters too.
    Further more if I had my generation of heroes back I would perhaps be more supportive of the new one.
    There would be plenty of room for everyone, problem is DC doesn't seem to agree cause having 3/4 generations of heroes is aging his 1 tier heroes.
    Maybe you don't but DC does because in the end of the day DC is a business and Damien sells more then time that's why he leads the titans and also has another series in super sons.

Fans of tim and kon needs to accept that Jon and Damien replaced them and the sell figures show it as fact

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Maybe you don't but DC does because in the end of the day DC is a business and Damien sells more then time that's why he leads the titans and also has another series in super sons.

Fans of tim and kon needs to accept that Jon and Damien replaced them and the sell figures show it as fact
    I'm not telling that DamiAn (sorry for that, i feel very nerd here ) genertation should not be there, I'm saying that DC should give us a little piece of cake too.
    It's strange that a business company does not want to exploit a catchment area that exists and is hungry.
    I'd like to have Barry generation, Wally generation, Bart generation and Wally II generation all together.

BANNED

I'm not telling that DamiAn (sorry for that, i feel very nerd here ) genertation should not be there, I'm saying that DC should give us a little piece of cake too.
    It's strange that a business company does not want to exploit a catchment area that exists and is hungry.
    I'd like to have Barry generation, Wally generation, Bart generation and Wally II generation all together.
    well after the way they butchered the third generation ill prefer they let those characters rest....and save fans further embarrassment

I think DC really should do something with them soon though. They have been awful at capitalising on the demand and hype from Rebirth: Wally still doesn't have a proper series of his own (and only had a main role in one Flash arc, with a supporting role in another), the JSA and Legion are still absent and Tim's generation has had pretty much nothing done with them. And this is AFTER Rebirth has ended! Even if it won't be a best-seller or anything, there are those who want a series about Tim's generation and nothing is being done with them. There's, really, nothing in the way of the series happening.
    I agree wally needs a solo and to be on a team book,hopefully on titans
    Last edited by LP22; 09-21-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Pretty sure they stopped caring about the "aging heroes" thing a while ago. Rebirth expanded the timeline and Damian is now explicitly said to be 13; Tim being there doesn't age Bruce anywhere near as much as that does; in fact, Tim actually fills a generational niche -- he's the guy in his late teens, whilst Damian is in his very early teens and Dick is a young adult (if anyone's kinda redundant in this regard, it's Jason). Superman has a son. Barry's started living a more adult life.

I'm a 90s fan too, but I think it more comes down to just, well, giving the characters a bit of a break. Because honestly, that generation was given a push -- the New 52 placed them square in the spotlight at Dick's generation's expense. And now that they've brought back that generation to fill the young adult niche, they probably feel the need for newer teen characters that have newer fanbases and are more familiar to newer readers, rather than continually throwing Tim's generation at a wall and hoping it sticks.

I said it a looooooong time ago in another thread, but my ideal Young Justice series would be one where they actually draw attention to how Tim's generation is kind of in this awkward place right now and don't fill a role; placing emphasis on the scary time when you've stopped being a teenager but aren't really an adult yet, that waywardness with transitioning from one to the other. Have Tim question his awkward place in the Batfamily and come out better, play with Kon's relationship to the father-son Clark/Jon dynamic, explore Bart's newfound freedom at being less tied to the Flash legacy with Wallace around, just anything that actually addresses these issues, basically.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Flash annual out January

E91894CD-BED7-4DE4-B7DA-C04503992DFF.jpg

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well DUH of course people didn't buy the 2014 TT comics it was terrible. People have already accepted that the New 52 versions were trash.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'm curious how Bart will react to Barry in this (I doubt we'll see him react to Wally's "death," although I'd like to see that too).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how Bart will react to Barry in this (I doubt we'll see him react to Wally's "death," although I'd like to see that too).
    Maybe Bart won’t remember Barry and it will send him back to the speedforce, avenging Jay Garrick
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!