Amazing Member

Default Getting up to date with Cable

Hey, I've fallen behind on collecting all Cable comic appearances, and was wondering what I should get hold of from this Uncanny Avengers phase. Is it just Uncanny Avengers? Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    Hey, I've fallen behind on collecting all Cable comic appearances, and was wondering what I should get hold of from this Uncanny Avengers phase. Is it just Uncanny Avengers? Thanks again for your help.
    yes, just duggan's uncanny avengers

Deadpool and Cable Split Seconds is a 3 issue mini series that is supposed to serve as a lead in to Cable's involvement in Uncanny Avengers

It (Split Second) essentially just wipes the slate clean for Cable a bit. Merging different timelines together which were starting to fracture because of Deadpool craziness and Nathan himself having messed with the timestream. So by the end of it you get a streamlined version of Cable which is kind of a convergence of these different timeline versions. It's not clear what memories or experiences are intact from previous incarnations to be totally honest, and somehow he has his bionic arm back and a new internal AI system named Belle that he got from the future. I think he picked her/it up in the year 2187, but would need to go back to UA #3 to confirm the exact year. He was pursuing Stryfe before he jumped back in time to help the Uncanny Avengers save the day and got stuck here. Stryfe apparently put a tachyon anchor in his system that prevents him from time jumping...for now.

That's about where we are. His arm and eye no longer appear to be techno-organic, at least in UA. That may change in his new series from the looks of it. The arm looks much more like his classic T-O mesh. And he may well remember everything that came before as Nathan has a habit of backing up his memories, as we saw in the Si Spurrier X-Force run.

At present he is in a coma having wiped his consciousness clean to prevent the Red Skull from breaking him and taking over his mind using Xavier's telepathy, the Skull having grafted the portions of Charles' brain which gave him his powers onto his own brain in the first volume of Uncanny Avengers. So hopefully next week's issue, Duggan's last, wraps up that little subplot and sets up the new Cable series coming later this month.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-05-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Amazing Member

Thanks for the replies guys, will have to order the graphic novels. I see he's getting his own series again, about damned time!

Always happy to help a fellow Cable fan out.