Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The conclusion to the latest issue was a real "oh sh!t" moment.. which is pretty close to what Dylan's last words of the issue were too lol

I finally got round to reading issue #10 last night. As I was reading it, I started to think that the demon really is all in Dylan's head, and then I saw that final page and now I'm unsure again lol. Another good issue. Glad to see more Kira
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

That feeling of uncertainty makes the book that much better

I really hope they never tell us if it's real or not.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm with Joker ^ and CC008: keep it vague, keep it mysteriousssssssssss. Keep it
    off-balance.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Love this series - so dark and compelling, even though it offers little to no glimmers of hope. It's very much in the style of Mr. Robot - not in a bad way (and I know that any similarities are coincidental). I never really got into Fatale, but The Fade Out/Velvet/Kill Or Be Killed have been back-to-back favorites for me.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

The latest issue messed with me in the sense that... we kept being told the demon was one way, and yet I still couldn't tell if that was the truth or not.

I've only just got round to reading issue #12. The very end put a smile on my face. I like Kira being in the book more, but I can't help but feel something bad will happen to her at some point. The uncertainty about everything that this book brings is brilliant!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Great series.

Anyone who likes Brubaker should be reading this.

Amazon has the first trade paperback(with the first 4 issues) on sale for $5.92, barely more than a single floppy. Go get it now!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Brubaker's take on the Shadow is epic! I hope to make it into the letters column of that book. That would be incredible. Also hopefully Ed pulls a Scarface/Ventriloquist and never tells his readers if the Demon is real or not.

BANNED

This book is probably Bru's best work since becoming Image exclusive. Great run with 0 filler.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    This book is probably Bru's best work since becoming Image exclusive. Great run with 0 filler.
    Even more impressive since it's his first ongoing title.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

There's always that sense of desperation in Brubaker's work that makes me happy and sad at the same time. Very Film Noir?

Issue #14 was outstanding all aound. Phillips continues to shine.
    Dylan is getting pretty formidable
    I wonder if we will ever know if the demon is real, or is Brubaker going all "Inception" on us?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

A "Kill or Be Killed" movie is in development:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...killed-1066847

Director Chad Stahelski is teaming up with his John Wick producer Basil Iwanyk to bring to the big screen Kill or Be Killed, a comic book from Winter Soldier creator Ed Brubaker.

Dan Casey, who previously adapted the Brubaker comic Incognito, now set up at Columbia, is attached to write the script.

Iwanyk will produce with Erica Lee of the duo's Thunder Road, the company behind awards contender Wind River as well as the Wick action movies. Jeff Waxman (mother!) is also producing.