Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Interesting that they are making a movie out of this so soon, seeing how there is very little source material at this point, we are only at issue 14.

Will go see it regardless. The book itself continues to be outstanding.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Ying Ko, I was just thinking the same thing (re: little source material).
    & the book itself, oh yeah, continues to be outstanding, indeed.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    A "Kill or Be Killed" movie is in development:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...killed-1066847
    NICE! That's great news. Congrats to Brubaker and Phillips

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I wonder if we will ever know if the demon is real, or is Brubaker going all "Inception" on us?
    If Dylan, his brother, and his father all saw it, I would say both brothers inherited the mental illness from Dad. But Dylan and the brother he never knew were just half-brothers. You would think that would decrease the odds that both of them would have inherited their Dad's affliction, so it increases the odds that it's a real demon. But maybe it will remain ambiguous until (and after?) the story ends?

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    If Dylan, his brother, and his father all saw it, I would say both brothers inherited the mental illness from Dad. But Dylan and the brother he never knew were just half-brothers. You would think that would decrease the odds that both of them would have inherited their Dad's affliction, so it increases the odds that it's a real demon. But maybe it will remain ambiguous until (and after?) the story ends?
    Except they both could have gotten the image of the demon from Dad's art. Even if they didn't recall seeing it.

I wonder if they will have to resolve this for the potential movie.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-22-2018 at 06:39 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The new issue sure shook things up. More questions about the demon and Dylan's sanity. With a nice twist at the end.
    Great news about a movie from the John Wick Director. I wonder if they will have to reveal if the demon is real or not in the movie.
    Leaving it ambiguous, as it is in the book would be a bold move for a movie. I think movie audiences want more clarity in general.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I really liked #15. Possibly my favorite issue so far. A handful of more twists and even a couple of lines that made me laugh.

I thought it was really awesome that Brubaker opened up about the movie adaptation in the back matter. Not many people want to talk about those things so openly for whatever reason.

Just finished issue 15 and wow. This series is just phenomenal. I'm a fan of Brubaker (even though I didn't read everything he did yet) but so far it's probably the best book i've read this year. The end of this issue is really interesting and can't wait to see where it goes.

I was trade waiting this book but when I got to the end of the 3rd volume, I decided to buy issue #15 and put this title on my pull list. Because I can't wait anymore and want to encourage Brubaker and Phillips as much as I can. Will continue buying the trades and if they ever put out a hardcover (which there's no doubt imo), I will buy them too.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

One of the best series I've read in a while. Would make one hell of a Netflix show--done right.

It’s looking to me like Bru and company are going to show a society crumbling.

From what started out as a lone vigilante, we may see the breakdown of law, as this demon’s influence increases and perhaps “OTHER” demons start to assert themselves too.

In his notes in the back he said things are going to get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    One of the best series I've read in a while. Would make one hell of a Netflix show--done right.
    For sure! But personnaly i'd prefer a movie. Done right it could be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    It’s looking to me like Bru and company are going to show a society crumbling.

From what started out as a lone vigilante, we may see the breakdown of law, as this demon’s influence increases and perhaps “OTHER” demons start to assert themselves too.

In his notes in the back he said things are going to get bigger.
    A whole legion of demons and vigilantes would be insane.

I've been a bit behind with my monthlies reading lately, so I reread #13 and I've read #14 and #15 over the past couple of days. I love this series so much. That final page of #14 when Kira turns to Dylan with the head of the demon is the stuff of nightmares! The last couple of pages of #15 gave me 2 "OMG" moments too. Could there be multiple demons? Or one demon with multiple vigilantes working for them? Did the demon just pick another person to use for the killings after Dylan was sectioned? I love everything about this book.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Every issue just always seems to be firing on all cylinders. Should be coming up on a first OHC collection hopefully too.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Every issue just always seems to be firing on all cylinders. Should be coming up on a first OHC collection hopefully too.
    Fingers crossed it'll be this year at some point. I very rarely double dip on any series but I definitely will be with this one.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"