Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sounds pretty final to me. The reason I'm most surprised is because Brubaker had mentioned that he was enjoying writing this because it was an ongoing and different from his other books. Maybe he just meant that it was coming out monthly. Because to his credit, there were no months off.

I know all things have to end eventually but I'm disappointed mainly because I feel there is still a lot of story left to tell and explore. A few more issues doesn't feel like enough to wrap things up. Unless of course, Brubaker doesn't intend to wrap it up and give us the answers we'd like and instead, leave the ending ambiguous.

(Side note - I tweeted Sean Phillips about the cover for #20 asking if it was a homage to Amazing Spider-man #50, and he liked it. Quite pleased with that lol.)
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Yeah, I guess when he talked about it as a "monthly" and "ongoing" book, I thought it would run a bit longer, but this is pretty typical length for their books.

I'm sure they'll stick the landing. They usually do.

And, I'm always excited to see what they'll do next. I wouldn't mind more Criminal. Another Magazine style one shot would be great!

I hope it's not ending because they want to start on the movie and need a definitive ending to finish the script or something like that. I doubt it's the case, but still. Would stink if it is.

Brubaker as said he already knew the ending, so that's not the reason. A movie would never be able to fully adapt the book as is, so they wouldn't need to truncate it for either reason.

EDIT: WOuld you guys feel differently about this ending if it had been billed as the final arc at the start, instead of half way through said arc?
    Last edited by Joker; 03-21-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Even if this had always been billed as the final arc, the ending of the previous issue opens up so much potential drama that I would have expected 3 or 4 more issues would be needed to explore it satisfactorily. I realize that sometimes things do in fact end suddenly in "real life", but based on the previous arcs, I wouldn't think this would be one of those things.

Another banger, this is definitely my favorite since Criminal. It’s the narrative, the way in which the story is being told, the suspense, that cliffhanger ending. What’s not to love....
    #MagnetoWasRight

Maybe they've got something else coming down the pike?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Maybe they've got something else coming down the pike?
    This was in the blog from 3rd March...

Mentioning that the team starts a new project every year or two, Brubaker confirmed that KOBK "does have an ending coming up," and he wrote that -- "right now" -- the team is working on an even shorter project, a "novella OGN" (original graphic novel) to be released later this year.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Well there ya have it

BANNED

Disappointing. Seems like all my favorite books are ending recently...

I know he is working on Fade Out 2 because in the last newsletter he showed a picture of the books he was reading as research for FO2.

Apparently i'm late but just learned it's ending at #20. So just 3 issues left. It was my favorite series by far and it's sad to see it end. I wasn't expecting that since I think he said in the past that it would be his longest series to date.

Invincible Member

At best I think it could have gone on for perhaps one more arc, but I'm not too sad that it's ending at #20. That's a decent length for the type of story it is.

Oh sh!t, was my response as I read the last page of the current issue released today. This book has been amazing from the start, everything is coming full circle, Dylan has a lot on his plate, this can’t end well...
    #MagnetoWasRight