Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Oh sh!t, was my response as I read the last page of the current issue released today. This book has been amazing from the start, everything is coming full circle, Dylan has a lot on his plate, this can’t end well...
    The way things started to pile up this issue, it now does start to feel as if the series could come to an end. However, it's interesting in the backmatter that Brubaker mentions they may come back to the series someday, despite ending at 20 for now. Also, iirc he said issue 20 should include info on what the group have planned next - both the graphic novel and an ongoing series.

I agree about how good this series has been. More than anything Bru has done, it is so filmable (which I am sure Bru and Sean are aware of).
    A question, in the back Bru mentions how there have been meta references through out this series, but this issue the Easter Eggs were obvious. Not to me, anybody know to what he referred?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Buck Thompson was clearly Flash Thompson from Spider-Man comics. The school hall panel is right out of Spider-Man comics.

Beyond that, I'm not sure. I was curious what else people picked up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Buck Thompson was clearly Flash Thompson from Spider-Man comics. The school hall panel is right out of Spider-Man comics.

Beyond that, I'm not sure. I was curious what else people picked up on.
    Of course! Feel like an idiot now. I suppose there is some Punisher and Batman stuff in this series too.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm not well read on Punisher, so that'd all go right over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm not well read on Punisher, so that'd all go right over my head.
    Neither am I, at least since the 80s. I just assume the whole vigilante thing,taking on the mob.

I've only just got caught up with the last couple of issues. Still love this series and I'm gutted it's finishing soon. I didn't spot a single Easter egg while reading #18, so either I'm just not well read enough in comics to spot them, or Brubaker hasn't made them as obvious as he thinks he has!

I'm assuming that Dylan can't really die at the end of this if Brubaker is saying they might return to it. If the Russian's and Lily Sharpe all get killed towards the end, could Dylan get away with it? Have we seen the last of the demon? I'm thinking we haven't.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Flash Thompson/Buck Thompson was the one real big Easter egg.

I don't know how it's going to end, but 18 seemed to make things a little clearer as far as where the series was going.

I'm picturing Dylan and the demon walking hand in hand into the sunset on the final page of #20 lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm picturing Dylan and the demon walking hand in hand into the sunset on the final page of #20 lol.
    "Dylan, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful possession."

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    "Dylan, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful possession."
    It's as good as written. Don't let us down Brubaker!

Fantastic Member

Found this on Amazon, it looks like the Brubaker/Phillips graphic novel coming this year is called My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies: https://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Have-A...7099772&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Found this on Amazon, it looks like the Brubaker/Phillips graphic novel coming this year is called My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies: https://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Have-A...7099772&sr=8-1
    Cool! Pretty short at 72 pages though, but I'll be getting it.

Yup, sounds interesting.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

'And that's how I died.'
    except that Dylan's been narrating this all along, so...
    and then again, Dylan's already died (possibly?) once already at the very beginning of the story, so...
    and we've already been given another story of a supernatural creature (Fatale), so...
    so...maybe Dylan does die (again) and the Demon is Real! and brings him back again! Maybe? Or not?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet