Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I don't think that's a good sign at all what are those Batman's sales figures on average at issue 21? Both are #1s and can't even beat Batman at issue 21

I expect them to settle at 40,000 units then bleed out slowly
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 05-06-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Nope. Those are final orders shipped and sold to retailers. Of course, no idea how many went to customers.
    That's what I was meaning: books ordered by shops. Not books actualy sold to customers. Shops had to order them blindly, without much information to know if they will sell them or not.

BANNED

Were any of the ResurrXion launches subject to Marvel Free Overshipping™ or are these real retail orders?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    You mean the same characters that was the #1 X-Men book in All New X-Men vol 1, and All New X-Men vol 2 ended up selling near Extraordinary numbers.

Contrary to popular belief aka vocal minorites, the O5 have proven to be quite popular.
    Mmmm no " popular" is not the word for the O5 lol. They just have a good story. Both issues Gold and Blue were very good. The controversy probably helped even more with Gold's sales, but still it was very good, just a little bit better than Blue.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 05-06-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think that's a good sign at all what are those Batman's sales figures on average at issue 21? Both are #1s and can't even beat Batman at issue 21

I expect them to settle at 40,000 units then bleed out slowly
    Iirc, Batman #19 was just a bit shy of 100,000. Quick guess, Batman #20 (#6 in the chart) sold somewhere between 90-95K. I think it's probably safe to assume the Top 5 books all have at least 100K in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Were any of the ResurrXion launches subject to Marvel Free Overshipping™ or are these real retail orders?
    The #2s have a free 10% overship promotion if the store orders 90% of #1 orders but none of those are on the Top 10.

That said, as usual there are variants galore boosting the #1 numbers: retailer exclusives such as J. Scott Campbell, 1:1000, Skottie Young and Hip Hop requiring probably 150-250% of some other comic, etc. Although goodness, the X-Men Gold Hip-Hop is freakin' ugly.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

I think the sales between Gold and Blue will be huge, due to the Syaf controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well they love the young O5, the older O5...not so much...I just feel now that the young O5 are keeping good characters from having a spot in the books and that they need to go...
    If these "other characters" were getting the spotlight, the reverse could be said- that they were stoping the 05 from getting any spotlight.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

I don't get this whole mentality that the 05 are keeping 'good' characters from having a spot in the book. Good is totally subjective and just because the 05 are around doesn't mean your favorite d-lister is getting the shaft BECAUSE of them. They O5 are good characters to me and they've been selling just fine.

I don't see the same complaint for Gen X or Weapon ax or even Old Man Logan.
    Last edited by Bart; 05-06-2017 at 10:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Mmmm no " popular" is not the word for the O5 lol. They just have a good story. Both issues Gold and Blue were very good. The controversy probably helped even more with Gold's sales, but still it was very good, just a little bit better than Blue.
    The fact that they still sell just fine/well through various creative teams proves that they are popular to the regular comic fan. What is your proof they're not? Your sentiment and a couple other posters? Hah
    Last edited by Bart; 05-06-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Sigh. These Gold sales have nothing to do with controversy. These are numbers that were final before the controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Sigh. These Gold sales have nothing to do with controversy. These are numbers that were final before the controversy.
    Not necessarily. X-Men Gold was released April 5 so retailers could've placed reorders for the books. Reorders filled within the month of April still count towards the numbers. That said, it's entirely possible that Marvel just pulped the overprints when the fiasco came to light in which case, the charts wouldn't include 2nd print numbers. Honestly though, reorders are typically less than 3K (else, we would see them in next month's Top 300) so it's not like they're gonna make a huge difference.

Where the controversy actually helps is sell through of X-Men Gold #1 1st print to customers and ebay scalpers.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Iirc, Batman #19 was just a bit shy of 100,000. Quick guess, Batman #20 (#6 in the chart) sold somewhere between 90-95K. I think it's probably safe to assume the Top 5 books all have at least 100K in sales.

The #2s have a free 10% overship promotion if the store orders 90% of #1 orders but none of those are on the Top 10.

That said, as usual there are variants galore boosting the #1 numbers: retailer exclusives such as J. Scott Campbell, 1:1000, Skottie Young and Hip Hop requiring probably 150-250% of some other comic, etc. Although goodness, the X-Men Gold Hip-Hop is freakin' ugly.

I just checked two Batman issues ago was 97000, you're maybe looking at 95000 with #1s. Then you half that due to variants etc. You'll see a massive drop with issue 2 up until issue 5. Then it'll plataue and haemorrhage slower.

The 05 are garbage written by a good writer . Watch how fast that book written by a terrible writer like Hopeless tanks.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I don't get this whole mentality that the 05 are keeping 'good' characters from having a spot in the book. Good is totally subjective and just because the 05 are around doesn't mean your favorite d-lister is getting the shaft BECAUSE of them. They O5 are good characters to me and they've been selling just fine.

I don't see the same complaint for Gen X or Weapon ax or even Old Man Logan.
    I'm not meaning D list characters but the like of Havok and Polaris and Dazzler and many others that don't have a book right now, the O5 are only anything because Marvel is giving them a BIG push right now, otherwise they would have left already...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not meaning D list characters but the like of Havok and Polaris and Dazzler and many others that don't have a book right now, the O5 are only anything because Marvel is giving them a BIG push right now, otherwise they would have left already...
    Wasn't Dazzler in A-Force or something like that?

BANNED

I don't think that's a good sign at all what are those Batman's sales figures on average at issue 21? Both are #1s and can't even beat Batman at issue 21...
    I just checked two Batman issues ago was 97000, you're maybe looking at 95000 with #1s. ...
    Since January, the unit #'s for the top 4 comics have been:

U.S.Avengers #1 - 110,729 / Batman #14 - 106,816 / Batman #15 - 102,802 / Justice League Power Rangers - 86,589

Star Wars Darth Maul #1 - 105,177 / Batman #16 - 102,096 / Batman #17 - 99,637 / Justice League of America #1 - 93,494

Amazing Spider-Man #25 - 113,934 / Dark Knight III Master Race - 107,892 / Batman #18 - 98,100 / Batman #19 - 97,501 / (Of Note, @ 6.) X-Men Prime - 83,689

Batman #21 kicked off "The Button" crossover with The Flash, which pushed it into the top 10 as well, to the 6th spot... right ahead of Batman #20.

... I expect them to settle at 40,000 units then bleed out slowly
    ... Then you half that due to variants etc. You'll see a massive drop with issue 2 up until issue 5. Then it'll plataue and haemorrhage slower. ...
    Repeating it, doesn't make it any truer, it's still just biased speculation.

... The 05 are garbage written by a good writer. ...
    One man's trash, is another man's treasure.

... Watch how fast that book written by a terrible writer like Hopeless tanks.
    Huh?