Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Holy schnikes. The B&W version of that variant for issue 19 is being valued by Comic Book Realm at over $750 depending on the grade. That's more than her first appearance (which seems to be undervalued on CB Realm, at only $400. I routinely see it selling for higher than that).
    It's a 1:500 variant. Assuming 50% discount, stores pretty much had to buy 500 copies or $997.50 worth of the regular covers in order to qualify to purchase the B&W variant. The premium pricing is partly to offset the costs for all the ANW #19 regular covers that will likely need to go to the dollar bin.

It was also featured here:
    https://comicbookinvest.com/2017/04/05/the-elite-one/

I'm sure that America #2 variant is also fetching a pretty penny on ebay.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not meaning D list characters but the like of Havok and Polaris and Dazzler and many others that don't have a book right now, the O5 are only anything because Marvel is giving them a BIG push right now, otherwise they would have left already...
    Even if the O5 wasn't around, it by no means those characters you listed would be, so I don't understand your logic that the 05 specifically are somehow stopping these characters from being used. The 05 weren't around after War of Kings, so who do you blame for Havok or Polaris being absent then?
    Last edited by Bart; 05-06-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Yeah, wasn't Havok absent for quite a while before Uncanny Avengers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, wasn't Havok absent for quite a while before Uncanny Avengers?
    No, he was in X-Factor again for awhile.

There were plans to bring back the Starjammers trio back earlier a couple times from different writers (Kyle/Yost, Remender) but they kept falling though. Carey finally managed it though.

BANNED

Just rankings, no unit totals, from Boards.4Chan.org, April 2017 Comic Book Sales Report - Top 100's:

3. X-MEN GOLD #1
    4. X-MEN BLUE #1

9. WEAPON X #1

16. X-MEN GOLD #2

21. ALL NEW WOLVERINE #19

24. X-MEN BLUE #2

29. DEADPOOL VS PUNISHER #1

31. OLD MAN LOGAN #21

33. OLD MAN LOGAN #22

38. WEAPON X #2

46. SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #16

54. DEADPOOL #29

56. DEADPOOL VS PUNISHER #2

85. UNCANNY AVENGERS #22

91. TRUE BELIEVERS GIANT-SIZE X-MEN #1...
    Think I got all the X-related books.

Astonishing Member

According to those rankings all new wolverine is marvels third best solo title, only topped by Spider-Man and Venom. And it out sold wonder women. Please take note marvel...

BANNED

That ranking is encouraging, especially since it doesn't factor in the second print, even if it's only a few thousand issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    According to those rankings all new wolverine is marvels third best solo title, only topped by Spider-Man and Venom. And it out sold wonder women. Please take note marvel...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That ranking is encouraging, especially since it doesn't factor in the second print, even if it's only a few thousand issues.
    Yep, and I'm gonna go out on a limb, and predict #19... sold MORE than #18! Not only that, but keep in mind, of the top 10 X-related titles:

3. X-MEN GOLD #1
    4. X-MEN BLUE #1

9. WEAPON X #1

16. X-MEN GOLD #2

21. ALL NEW WOLVERINE #19

24. X-MEN BLUE #2

29. DEADPOOL VS PUNISHER #1

31. OLD MAN LOGAN #21

33. OLD MAN LOGAN #22

38. WEAPON X #2
    ... 6 sold out to retailers, and had to go to 2nd printings, to meet demand. Could be more, too, that's just what I gathered from those links on the first page. I think that's pretty encouraging, overall, for the ResurrXion X-relaunch.

Hopefully, Marvel will see this and realise that Resurrxion was a good thing and trying to hide the X-Men was a bad thing that profited no-one
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yep, and I'm gonna go out on a limb, and predict #19... sold MORE than #18! Not only that, but keep in mind, of the top 10 X-related titles:

... 6 sold out to retailers, and had to go to 2nd printings, to meet demand. Could be more, too, that's just what I gathered from those links on the first page. I think that's pretty encouraging, overall, for the ResurrXion X-relaunch.
    The cynic in me wonders how much of ANW #19's sales are due to the 1:500 variant and how much is due to actual reader demand.

As for 2nd printings, from what I've heard Marvel usually doesn't overprint. They usually just print enough to cover final orders plus a little bit extra for damages so they're quicker to sell out at the distribution level. The reorders probably don't sell in the multiples of thousands. Based on reorder ranking (which includes trades), it seems more likely that reorders only account for around 500-2,000 copies (unless they make a reappearance in the Diamond charts again).
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-07-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

I wonder if Gold's controversy may have impacted reprinting too?

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I wonder if Gold's controversy may have impacted reprinting too?
    Didn't orders for X-Men #3 go up quite a bit because it was the last one drawn by Syaf?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Good news, make that 8 out of 10, as the #1's for both Blue & Gold got 'em too:

Comics.GoCollect.com, X-men Blue #1 (2nd Printing) May 3, 2017
    Comics.GoCollect.com, X-men Gold #1 (2nd Printing) May 10, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    The cynic in me wonders how much of ANW #19's sales are due to the 1:500 variant and how much is due to actual reader demand. ...
    Oh yeah, that's right, forgot. But still...

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    ... As for 2nd printings, from what I've heard Marvel usually doesn't overprint. They usually just print enough to cover final orders plus a little bit extra for damages so they're quicker to sell out at the distribution level. The reorders probably don't sell in the multiples of thousands. Based on reorder ranking (which includes trades), it seems more likely that reorders only account for around 500-2,000 copies (unless they make a reappearance in the Diamond charts again).
    ... all these things are positive signs, right? Not necessarily OMG-AMAZING, but encouraging nonetheless... even for a pessimist?

Astonishing Member

It's like the X-men are some franchises full of characters people like and sells really well, I wonder if marvel knows this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It's like the X-men are some franchises full of characters people like and sells really well, I wonder if marvel knows this?
    They tried to create xmen similar to fox xmen. it should work. It didn t so they used 90s theme.