Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Preview: First pencils released from Dark Days: The Forge #1

Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

ZINDA BLAKE!

Okay, I just got a bunch more on board for this.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Well it's certainly dark. Pretty amazing looking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    ZINDA BLAKE!

Okay, I just got a bunch more on board for this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A1SiQkPqYM

My smile was huge upon seeing this.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm with Caivu - Zinda has been gone too long!

Also, this looks so much like a Tynion comic. That first page is almost identical to the prologue of Batman and Robin Eternal.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Look kids, it's bearded Aquaman .

Wow, I wasn't expecting Zinda to finally come back in this. I'm guessing she's going tie-in to Snyder's stuff with the Blackhawks in All-Star. But it's great to see her again .

I'm curious to see how Snyder is going to characterize Joker in this, and exactly who this Joker is, because I don't think it's going to be the one of this Earth (or maybe one of the three other Jokers?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Look kids, it's bearded Aquaman .

Wow, I wasn't expecting Zinda to finally come back in this. I'm guessing she's going tie-in to Snyder's stuff with the Blackhawks in All-Star. But it's great to see her again .

I'm curious to see how Snyder is going to characterize Joker in this, and exactly who this Joker is, because I don't think it's going to be the one of this Earth (or maybe one of the three other Jokers?).
    What is Snyder doing with the Blackhawks in All-Star? Or is that coming in The First Ally?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What is Snyder doing with the Blackhawks in All-Star? Or is that coming in The First Ally?
    They've appeared sporadically in the last arc.

They also helped save Batman at the end of the last issue, as I recall.

BANNED

I'm with Caivu - Zinda has been gone too long!
    Yup!

Buuuuuuut, I just remembered that because of what Babs is acting like these days, Zinda can't really have the same relationship with her Skipper.

BurnsideBabs: Ruining things even for people who love Babsgirl!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So excited for this. Also that joker looks very much like the new 52 version.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Looks great. Really excited for Dark Days and Metal. I like how the Dark Days issues kinda add two issues to the whole thing, to Snyder/Cap's 6 isssues.

6 issues seemed too few. 8 is more meaty.

Hell, I wish Snyder would do some 20 issue Batman arcs. You never see the top writers doing these super long arcs. Can you imagine Snyder and King and Tynion teaming up and doing something long like Knightfall, Contagion/Legacy, Cataclysm-NML?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-05-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

The Romita/Kubert pages look great.

When did Aquaman start wearig boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've appeared sporadically in the last arc.

They also helped save Batman at the end of the last issue, as I recall.
    This is the Ends of the Earth arc, with a different villain each issue? (Ugh, I was hoping to be able to let that book go on in peace, and now Blackhawks are dragging me back in...)

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Yup!

Buuuuuuut, I just remembered that because of what Babs is acting like these days, Zinda can't really have the same relationship with her Skipper.

BurnsideBabs: Ruining things even for people who love Babsgirl!
    Haha. Very true. But as a big fan of the current Birds of Prey title, I think it wouldn't be too bad to have Zinda on the team.

This is the Ends of the Earth arc, with a different villain each issue? (Ugh, I was hoping to be able to let that book go on in peace, and now Blackhawks are dragging me back in...)
    Yep. Though I think you're fine just starting off with this since I don't think there's anything in there with the Blackhawks that you would be interested in beyond their presence, but that could change in the next arc.
    Haha. Very true. But as a big fan of the current Birds of Prey title, I think it wouldn't be too bad to have Zinda on the team.
    I'm sure the Bensons could make it work (and would love too) .

BANNED

I'm simultaneously hopeful and afraid.

Hopeful because DUH, I'd love her to have regular presence in a book. And afraid, because while I don't like NuHelena, and I can get my fill of Dinah in GA, Zinda being the book would make me have to find a way around my Babsgirl boycott.