Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Looks great. Really excited for Dark Days and Metal. I like how the Dark Days issues kinda add two issues to the whole thing, to Snyder/Cap's 6 isssues.

6 issues seemed too few. 8 is more meaty.

Hell, I wish Snyder would do some 20 issue Batman arcs. You never see the top writers doing these super long arcs. Can you imagine Snyder and King and Tynion doing something long like Knightfall, Contagion/Legacy, Cataclysm-NML?
    With how much people complained at how long zero year and super heavy are, I sadly don't think he'll bother with long arcs again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    With how much people complained at how long zero year and super heavy are, I sadly don't think he'll bother with long arcs again
    You're probably right, which is a shame, because the problem with Super Heavy and Zero Year weren't that they were long, but that they just weren't very good (Certainly not as good as those other stories you mentioned.)

Looks great. Really excited for Dark Days and Metal. I like how the Dark Days issues kinda add two issues to the whole thing, to Snyder/Cap's 6 isssues.

6 issues seemed too few. 8 is more meaty.

Hell, I wish Snyder would do some 20 issue Batman arcs. You never see the top writers doing these super long arcs. Can you imagine Snyder and King and Tynion doing something long like Knightfall, Contagion/Legacy, Cataclysm-NML?
    Well, Snyder talks about how stuff or elements he's introduced or teased in his stories carry over into future storylines, so you could hypothetically look at all his Batman stuff as one big, long, arc.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think the length complaint with both of those were very affected by two non-length considerations....Zero Year's was that it was a flashback tale in a main title (which are not common) and not present Batman, and Superheavy's was that Bruce was not Batman ("another replacement Batman!").

Now if you had Bruce as Batman and it was set in the present, then I think length doesn't get brought up much or at all.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yep. Though I think you're fine just starting off with this since I don't think there's anything in there with the Blackhawks that you would be interested in beyond their presence, but that could change in the next arc.

I'm sure the Bensons could make it work (and would love too) .
    Ah, well then I shall start following The First Ally. I was halfway thinking about doing that anyway, because I like the idea better than the whole "one villain per issue with weird narration" thing.

Totally agree - the Bensons would be gung ho about Zinda - they kinda strike me as Zinda themselves. HAWKAAAAAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I'm simultaneously hopeful and afraid.

Hopeful because DUH, I'd love her to have regular presence in a book. And afraid, because while I don't like NuHelena, and I can get my fill of Dinah in GA, Zinda being the book would make me have to find a way around my Babsgirl boycott.
    Why no love for current Huntress? I admit, it took a bit for her to become the Helena I loved, but I think she's pretty much back now.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think the length complaint with both of those were very affected by two non-length considerations....Zero Year's was that it was a flashback tale in a main title (which are not common) and not present Batman, and Superheavy's was that Bruce was not Batman ("another replacement Batman!").

Now if you had Bruce as Batman and it was set in the present, then I think length doesn't get brought up much or at all.
    I think the problem is that Snyder's stories tend to metastasize. He sets up things that he doesn't pay off in what readers might consider a reasonable amount of time, because he keeps adding issues to his arcs.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

Why no love for current Huntress? I admit, it took a bit for her to become the Helena I loved, but I think she's pretty much back now.
    All I've read with her was her appearances in Grayson and the first issue of the new BoP that a friend let me read. If she's actually like her old self, that's pretty cool. (Also, I can't stand the new Huntress costume.)

I like Aquaman's new look. He looks way better bearded.
    And it's awesome Zinda is being reintroduced. Seeing her there made me a lot more excited for this event.

Fantastic Member

Joker is writing down Pi: 50352619311881710100031378387528865875332083814206 17177669147303598253490428755468731159562863882353 78759375195778185778053217122680661300192787661119 590

The thing that makes Doctor Simon Hurt afraid inspired Abaddon, Kali and Shiva, I think there is some symbolism about circle here.

Guess I'll read this if Lady Blackhawk is on it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Guess I'll read this if Lady Blackhawk is on it
    That's basically my only reason for reading this.

Hell, who knows what other lost characters may return here?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm actually likely going to be on board for this joint.

It looks a lot like a big send up to Mark Doyle's Batman era. Aquaman is involved. I love the METAL feel of it. Seems possible that a new Hawkman will surface here. Looks rad.

I can't wait for this…those Batman panels just really are great..at least to me they are. I just hope it doesn't suck.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Geez, this looks awesome!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    All I've read with her was her appearances in Grayson and the first issue of the new BoP that a friend let me read. If she's actually like her old self, that's pretty cool. (Also, I can't stand the new Huntress costume.)
    It's better than the Jim Lee costume, though, right?

She's pretty close, though nothing beats Birds of Prey, first Simone run, for Huntress (though Rucka's Cry for Blood is only a hair less).