Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default "All DC Superhero Titles" Now Under Supervision of Pat McCallum

http://www.newsarama.com/34377-dc-sh...romotions.html

Bit of an editorial shake-up going on at DC today, with Pat McCallum coordinating all the core universe DC titles, the Super-line presumably among them, while Mark Doyle tackles Vertigo/Young Animal, and Bobbi Chase will handle a young readers imprint, DC Kids, the HB line, Digital Firsts, customs, and Milestone

(post amended at request of MajorHoy)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-05-2017 at 11:58 AM.

I guess it's smart to give the person who helped shepherd the Rebirth rollout the job of coordinating all the Superhero books, and Doyle should be a good fit for Vertigo/Young Animal.

You should clarify that McCallum appears to only handle the main universe DC titles, since it seems Mark Doyle will handle Vertigo and Young Animal titles (which may have some superheroes present) and Bobbie Chase will be in charge of things like Wildstorm Universe, Hanna-Barbera comics, DC Kids, Digital First titles, custom comics, and Milestone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You should clarify that McCallum appears to only handle the main universe DC titles, since it seems Mark Doyle will handle Vertigo and Young Animal titles (which may have some superheroes present) and Bobbie Chase will be in charge of things like Wildstorm Universe, Hanna-Barbera comics, DC Kids, Digital First titles, custom comics, and Milestone.
    Noted and done, with a bit of credit to you of course.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Then does this mean Berganza is no longer editing Superman titles at all?

If that's the case... It's about darned time. Berganza has more or less edited Superman books in some capacity since 1999 . Matt Idelson edited the main books from 2006-2012 ish but I think Berganza still had a hand in some of the other Superfamily books like Supergirl and Superboy during that span and began co editing Superman and ACTION again about 5 months into the New 52, so yeah. A long span. I think now we got a new start with Reborn it's appropriate that we get new editorial hands.

Also this might mean the cycle of neverending events for Superman is finally completely broken. Again, if so, a great bit of news.

Keep DiDio and Harras from meddling too much and we might actually have a shot to see the current direction flourish.

EDIT: looks like I'm jumping the gun. McCallum apparently is overseeing the general DC titles and not necessarily the Superman line,meaning Berganza may still have the Superman editorial post. Oh well. I still hope though this leads to the Superman line changing hands.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 05-05-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'd be pleased if this means Berganza is no longer editing the Superman titles. I think its high time we got some new blood in the Superman editorial office. Seems appropriate to me somehow.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I doubt Berganza is out. At least, I'll believe it when I see it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

If that's the case... It's about darned time. Berganza has more or less edited Superman books in some capacity since 1999 . Matt Idelson edited the main books from 2006-2012 ish but I think Berganza still had a hand in some of the other Superfamily books like Supergirl and Superboy during that span and began co editing Superman and ACTION again about 5 months into the New 52, so yeah. A long span. I think now we got a new start with Reborn it's appropriate that we get new editorial hands.

Also this might mean the cycle of neverending events for Superman is finally completely broken. Again, if so, a great bit of news.

Keep DiDio and Harras from meddling too much and we might actually have a shot to see the current direction flourish.

EDIT: looks like I'm jumping the gun. McCallum apparently is overseeing the general DC titles and not necessarily the Superman line,meaning Berganza may still have the Superman editorial post. Oh well. I still hope though this leads to the Superman line changing hands.
    1999 is about the time the quality of the books started going downhill. Pretty sure that's not a coincidence.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    At the moment, it seems that the Bat-line is without it's editor because of Doyle's promotion.

Fantastic Member

If this means Eddie Berganza is ousted as editor, I won't shed any tears. Mike Carlin is the last editor I actually admired and respected. All his successors have been subpar.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    1999 is about the time the quality of the books started going downhill. Pretty sure that's not a coincidence.
    I see the quality as sliding downhill after Carlin left.

Berganza brought fresh blood and a new take. Sales the best they'd been since the end of Reign. Things went into a bit of a slump after Loeb left.

Lee's book sold well but low numbers for Lee.

Another high point after Infinite Crisis but it petered out without Johns.

Another high point after New 52 but it petered out without Morrison.

More often than not, Superbooks tended to suffer a lot more under Idelsen and Carlson than Berganza.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't think anything will change for the Superman books. Only Batman line will get a shakeup probably

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

If Berganza is in anyway responsible for the awesomeness that is the current Super lines then I hope he stays on personally.

I hope the Batline gets a good shake up things are rotten over there.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-06-2017 at 10:01 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    A guy can dream though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    If Berganza is in anyway responsible for the awesomeness that is the current Super lines then I hope he stays on personally.
    He's not. Jurgens/Tomasi/Gleason and to some extent but probably very lesser Johns are the ones responsible for the content of the Super-line. If anything, Berganza's been pretty much put on a leash with the edict of lesser crossovers.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El