Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Dat round ass though.
    Storm is pretty hot too......

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post

I'm just wondering because well Fox owns Storm and I don't think Fox would allow Marvel to use her even just the appearance of her hand. Is it possible that they're making them a couple again in comics at least? Sticking to what was planned for the both of them because of their earlier encounters and meeting when they were young , the marriage which was annulled and the future that The Watcher Uatu saw for them?

Or are they actually trying to make Storm not a mutant later on so they can use her on their movies , especially on Black Panther movies?

Even this image clearly shows Marvel had already planned these two to become a couple.

So what is Marvel's plan? Do they actually want to see us see them break again? Or will they be making them a couple for real.? And what are the chances of Storm being able to show up in MCU movies?
    Who's the artist in the top pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Storm is pretty hot too......
    That almost made me spit out my coffee lol

I got no idea why they're trying the Storm/T'Challa thing again. Maybe because someone realized they shouldn't have ended it the first time? Maybe because Coates just wants to?

I doubt there was some huge decision making process involved. It was likely a matter of someone (probably Coates) thinking it was something he wanted to use, and editorial giving it the green light after a quick fact-check to make sure Storm was still single. Hell, there might not have even been a fact-check involved.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    A fan of J-Lo i guess.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Mike Deodato Jr
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Hey, I'd like to see Storm and Panther remarried. Why should Northstar be the only mutant who is allowed to be in a happy relationship?

BANNED

Not sure I care either way.

On the one hand, there just ain't that many people who are in their league as classy, regal, capable people. There just aint that many people who'd catch each other's eye as potential mates on the planet.

On the other hand...that's not enough to build a relationship. It'd be interesting to show (not tell) how they couldn't be a couple, even with all they got going for them and how right they are for each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Hey, I'd like to see Storm and Panther remarried. Why should Northstar be the only mutant who is allowed to be in a happy relationship?
    Remarrying your ex is not generally a path that leads to a happy relationship...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Remarrying your ex is not generally a path that leads to a happy relationship...
    1 100% agree but your logic will make no sense on shippers and by the way they were never married - it was annulled so it didn't happen.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'll repost from my declaration on another site's board:

If a malevolent, demonic entity like Mephisto can use his magic to reality-warp/whatever to render Spider-Man & Mary Jane's marriage asunder to the point where it apparently "never happened", then I submit that a benevolent deity like Bast can use her magic to reality-warp/bend time and space so that the annulment era never happened and especially the Wolverine hook-up episodes. I'd love to see a storyline like this.

I dunno, Marvel likes to tease things and then not follow through. They've teased Spider-man and MJ as well as Bucky and Black Widow and neither's resulted in anything.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I think whether or not we'll see Storm's introduction into the MCU depends on a number of factors. The first being the success of the current Black Panther movie and the route Coogler would want to take. If the movie is largely successful and Coogler decided he wanted Ororo for a sequel, I can imagine the Lawyers possibly working out a deal the same way they did with Scarlet Wtich and Quick Silver. There probably would be two versions of Storm. The X-men would have that bad actress from Drumline 2 and the aaliyah biopic, and Marvel would cast an Elegant Woman to play Storm under the guise of her being an African goddess , hell maybe her powers would derive from an infinity stone. But I don't think after all that Marvel comics would be dumb enough to disown Storm from the mutant family the same way they did Wanda and Pietro, I believe the backlash from X-fans about that would be very bad.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I dunno, Marvel likes to tease things and then not follow through. They've teased Spider-man and MJ as well as Bucky and Black Widow and neither's resulted in anything.

Heres what's currently happening:

Prior to Coates doing his research on The Black Panther Project, he really wasn't a big fan of T'challa and Storm as a couple he thought it was rushed and cliche. However, in preparation for the Black Panther book as he did his research I think he started to fall more in love with the idea of them being a couple. However, judging from his interviews is he wants to kind of "do it right" this time. I think his ultimate goal is to put them back together as King and Queen of Wakanda, but he first he want's people to fall in love with their connection by laying a proper foundation a la the Crew, and the current BP run.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post

And Miles and Spider Gwen, who had a freaking crossover dedicated to them "supposedly" being a couple and never follow through. Here's hoping they finally get the ball right with BP and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Destiny. There are several divergent futures where they are a couple, or have kids. Storm and T'Challa just have to work out their differences.

And I wish Marvel would stop writing Wakandans as if the State matters more than anything else. I love my country, but the definition of true happiness for me is the woman at my side, not the flag, however majestic, draped above me. The "cause" has to take a back seat sometimes to truest love and devotion, or all will be lost. Besides, having people sacrifice personal happiness for the greater good is clichéd and just wrong. You can do both. You can have both. Zero sum gaming reveals the limits of the imagination, not the impossibility of the challenge or circumstance. T'Challa and Storm need to reunite and find a way forward together.
    My cousin told me when my uncle took a high ranking political position in the government (not in the States) he flat out told his wife and kids that while he was in office his priorities were God, State, then family. Messed up thing for a dad to tell his kids I'm sure, but the point being for SOME people at least they do believe while in office their job comes first. Not that I agree or defend that notion... but I know for a fact it can exist.