Default your favourite ending

well, a narration is conventionally divided into three stages.

modern cinema has developed to prolong the impact of a good ending with adding so called after credit scenes.

so, i am asking what is your favourite ending scene of a movie?

mine is from kubrick´s "paths of glory"

after a moving performance by kubrick´s wife, which first is regarded as a mere sex object, but due to the intensity of her performance, she evokes feelings of humanity in her audience. we get a brief realiziation that all men are brothers. we all share grief and are empathic beings. mark that this is all happening under the impression of one of the most brutal, known conflicts among men.
    this naive notion is quickly interrupted by the staff sergant informing k. douglas character, that they be thrown onto the front immediatly again, which diminishes this brief flicker of empathy.

just rewatched "paths of glory" and i am very moved. none the less, i wonder what your favourite movie endings are?
    special non-prize for the most positive contribution

ps
    i could not find an ending version with the proper after credit musical impression, which greatly diminishes the experiance
    Last edited by abulafia; 05-06-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Maybe not my absolute favorite, but I love the asylum scene from The Shadow at the end. Which is sadly very difficult to find on Youtube right now.

Loved the ending to the Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Ending. Just that one word.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Loved the ending to the Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Ending. Just that one word.
    it has been some time. what word?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Incredible Member

Retired

The ending of Eric Rohmer's LE RAYON VERT (which was released as SUMMER in North America). But it has to be seen on a large screen or you may miss it.

Last edited by Jim Kelly; 05-06-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    it has been some time. what word?
    "Lens Cap"

Really liked the ending of Black Snake Moan. Ricci and Timberlake's character having ultimately reconciliated, and even though you know they're both a little messed up, there's this notion that they're gonna be all right together. It gave me a good feeling without being an overtly happy ending.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Vertigo by Hitchcock I think had one of those perfect endings. It certainly wasn't a happy/feel good ending, but it fit the movie perfectly.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Vertigo by Hitchcock I think had one of those perfect endings. It certainly wasn't a happy/feel good ending, but it fit the movie perfectly.
    One of the most devastating endings in movies. I'm still trying to recover from it.

BANNED

I thought the ending of the Vanishing (1988) was very well done. The entire movie is dreary and haunting but those final scenes are just bone chilling. I won't give it away but just know it's a flawless film that really shows how far one would go to gain a sense of closure.

Incredible Member

Rules of Attraction. It cutting off mid sentence and going to credits right as he's driving by where the road intersects implies he's hit by another vehicle and killed and the song lyrics in the credits "we'll be together again" complete the sentence.
    "The End of the World Party" from The Rules of At…: http://youtu.be/W6L2N6gkvFU