Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #10 Preview/Discussion

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Very intriguing to see Oracle's secrets coming to light...but that makes sense with next issue's cover and solicit text.

Hopefully this is more "all the team" not less "one Bird is the only character" like last issue. So far, looks much better!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Looks fun. Hell of a group they assembled here.

This looks pretty good. Is Helena calling Tiger? *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Yes!
    Babs and Dick
    Helena and Tony
    Dinah and Ollie

BoP is one of those books where the core cast should always be small but there are lots of supporting characters who turn up everyone once and a while like Nightwing, Robin and Spoiler did in the original.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

He has to. I'm all here for Hypnos.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I was just thinking maybe it's Midnighter? He may be immune to mind control, also Tiger did try to kill Helena when she was possessed. (Your avatars is awesome btw)

Oohhh, good call!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I was just thinking maybe it's Midnighter? He may be immune to mind control, also Tiger did try to kill Helena when she was possessed. (Your avatars is awesome btw)
    He was my second guess but I will be disappointed if it is him, not that I don't want to see Midnighter again but I do believe Helena would call Tiger, they worked together for years and I am sure she would use the situation to hear about Spyral/St. Hadrian's. She cared for all of them after all. Tiger tried to kill her, sure but I do think if anyone Helena would understand the situation and with all the higher-ups gone the only way Tiger could have become Patron would have been through her. At least that's how I see it, how the writers see it is an entirely different matter. Overall Midnighter would look more like a deus ex-machina to me than Tiger because he lacks the personal connection to her. But the longer I think about it the more I believe the Bensons will use M. (Thank you! Yours is great too. I could look at that panel all day long just for the eyes.)

He was my second guess but I will be disappointed if it is him, not that I don't want to see Midnighter again but I do believe Helena would call Tiger, they worked together for years and I am sure she would use the situation to hear about Spyral/St. Hadrian's. She cared for all of them after all. Tiger tried to kill her, sure but I do think if anyone Helena would understand the situation and with all the higher-ups gone the only way Tiger could have become Patron would have been through her. At least that's how I see it, how the writers see it is an entirely different matter. Overall Midnighter would look more like a deus ex-machina to me than Tiger because he lacks the personal connection to her. But the longer I think about it the more I believe the Bensons will use M. (Thank you! Yours is great too. I could look at that panel all day long just for the eyes.)
    Yeah, I don't think Helena really interacted with Midnighter - that was pretty much all Grayson, wasn't it?

I'm firmly on the Patron train. If only because Dick could make more Tony jokes!

It better be Tony!

And I am so not looking forward to another love tensions if there are any. God, I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    It better be Tony!

And I am so not looking forward to another love tensions if there are any. God, I hope not.
    If they didn't do it two issues ago, I really don't think it'll happen this week.

A much better issue this month than last month, largely because everyone got things to do! Helena did, indeed, call Patron, and I loved the little moment with her and Dick interacting about their Spyral comrade. Dinah and Helena helping Owen with tutoring is a really great way to keep Helena's teaching side in the story, and Oracle's plot coming forward at the end of this Blackbird arc is a nice transition.

Also, Helena's Hypnos implant moment was really great!

Always Rakzo

This kinda compensated last issue's flaws thanks to the solid interactions, characterization, dialogue and content. The Bensons are apparently big fans of Grayson although I didn't like how they handled Ollie and Dinah's relationship (To be fair, they're probably basing it on Percy's misguiden depicting in Green Arrow so I can't blame them).

Nice art from Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This kinda compensated last issue's flaws thanks to the solid interactions, characterization, dialogue and content. The Bensons are apparently big fans of Grayson although I didn't like how they handled Ollie and Dinah's relationship (To be fair, they're probably basing it on Percy's misguiden depicting in Green Arrow so I can't blame them).

Nice art from Antonio.
    Totally agree! And I like the way the Bensons are paying homage to Grayson as well.

How would you have Ollie and Dinah's relationship handled? I don't read Green Arrow regularly, but I don't have a ton of reference for their relationship, since Dinah wasn't really in a relationship for most of the previous Birds of Prey runs, which is my primary knowledge with her character.