Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Days of Furture Past vs Gurdians of the Galaxy 1

which movies was the better of the two.

lets have an in-depth conversation of both films. it should be interesting.
    I am going for the no brainier... Days of Future Past.

And why?

1. Stronger script...make that superior script with grey areas.

2. Actual story telling

3. style over substance...as the film relies heavily on the script than the cgi

4. superior villains

5. flawed undisneyfied heroes

6. political and social themes

7. depth

8. actual stakes

9. character driven arcs and compelling character dynamics

10. cuts through human emotions.

11. drama over comedy.

raise your hand if you think gotg is the better movie after all the points. hmm.
    Last edited by Selina; 05-07-2017 at 08:52 AM.

It really doesn't seem fair to compare the two in terms of which was better... but I liked Days of Future Past more. The stakes, the tone, the characters.. everything. I was completely immersed right from the get-go and I felt how serious and urgent it was for Logan to convince everyone in the past to help him. Guardians was funny... I enjoy Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper's Rocket is enjoyable, so happy for Dave Bautista for the job he did and is doing and the praise he's receiving.

BANNED

Selina:
    You used X-men forum and You think that this is more true than imdb ratings?
    Dofp 8,0
    Gotg 8,1
    few people from cbr forum are your "everyone agreed that xcu is best"?

GotG is sligtly better for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It really doesn't seem fair to compare the two in terms of which was better... but I liked Days of Future Past more. The stakes, the tone, the characters.. everything. I was completely immersed right from the get-go and I felt how serious and urgent it was for Logan to convince everyone in the past to help him. Guardians was funny... I enjoy Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper's Rocket is enjoyable, so happy for Dave Bautista for the job he did and is doing and the praise he's receiving.
    hmm, my thoughts exactly.

ironic mcu fans want me to accept dofp is better because of RT. LOL. the same rt that ranks dr strange at 90%. higher than Nolan's Inception and Batman Begins. hahaha.

I just thought I have an in-depth conversation of why DOFP is a superior movie.

it is easy to be funny, that is why comedy are called light hearted but dont get the same praise as drama, with drama... there is more meat to choose. this is another reason why drama movies are more praised and are usually better than comedy movie.

BANNED

Seemingly invites discussion...

"I'm going for the no-brainer"

Guhl stahp lyin'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Selina:
    You used X-men forum and You think that this is more true than imdb ratings?
    Dofp 8,0
    Gotg 8,1
    few people from cbr forum are your "everyone agreed that xcu is best"?

GotG is sligtly better for me

hmm,

maybe you should read this

http://lifehacker.com/movie-review-s...wed-1774687537.

MCU fanatics were one of the reasons why imdb got shut down.

You keep using shallow things like ratings, I keep using real things like actual real reasons why one film is weaker than the other.

I just used 11 real plot points and I asked x-men fans to join the debate. lets evaluate both films and see which is better. I am throwing the challenge because it is a challenge that can be easily won by DOFP.

All you have done is proof the critics go easy on mcu movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Seemingly invites discussion...

"I'm going for the no-brainer"

Guhl stahp lyin'.

umm, so which movie is better. lets keep the discussion on the topic and not on me.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

GotG left a better impression on fans judging by the opening weekends of their sequels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    umm, so which movie is better. lets keep the discussion on the topic and not on me.
    There is no discussion to be had, because you did not genuinely invite one to occur.

Someone might say they like GotG2, and then you go on a tirade about how they're wrong, offering no "discussion" at all.

Ah, but it's the "MCU fans" that got the IMDB boards shut down, right?

No, it was crazy people.

Here's an insane thought: I enjoyed both immensely, and don't need to feel better about myself by declaring one better than the other.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-07-2017 at 09:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    GotG left a better impression on fans judging by the opening weekends of their sequels.
    this from an mcu fan. okay

can you explain in depth the impression that made GOTG better than dofp, a film that when mystique dropped her gun and xavier , logan, kitty pryde, magneto narrowly escape firery death, we all were breathing a sigh of relief.

can you name a better scene that had a bigger impression in GOTG.

this thread is getting interesting. even the mcu fans cant admit gotg is better.

BANNED

hmm,

maybe you should read this

http://lifehacker.com/movie-review-s...wed-1774687537.

MCU fanatics were one of the reasons why imdb got shut down.

You keep using shallow things like ratings, I keep using real things like actual real reasons why one film is weaker than the other.

I just used 11 real plot points and I asked x-men fans to join the debate. lets evaluate both films and see which is better. I am throwing the challenge because it is a challenge that can be easily won by DOFP.

All you have done is proof the critics go easy on mcu movies.
    from Your article:
    User reviews on all sites are generally consistent representations of the public’s opinion. There are minor variances between Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic, and IMDb user ratings, but since they’re all open to the public, you can use any user rating to get a decent glimpse into what the average movie going audience thinks. Just keep in mind, it’s exactly that. The average movie-going audience. If your tastes differ from the mainstream, you might not agree with user ratings.
    so for majority of people :
    Gotg(8,1) is slightly better than DoFP (8,0) - maybe they are equall

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

this from an mcu fan. okay

I'm obviously an X-MEN fan.. but ok

But it's pretty sad that we're comparing a top 3 X-MEN storyline from the greatest super hero team ever to the lowly unknown Guardians of the Galaxy. Congratulations

BANNED

Hah, I just realized this thread was supposed to be about the first GotG movie.

Jeeeeeeeesus Christ, dude. Talk about "unhinged".

I really love Days of Future Past especially the Rogue Cut with that said it has two marks against it for me personally. How the F does Kitty time travel? Does her phasing powers now phase through time too? I mean the real answer is we killed Scott and Jean and there's no Rachel and we couldn't think of another telepath. Last Mystique I'm sorry but Days of Future past was the real start of it being Mystique and the X-Men because Jennifer Lawrence became a megastar and earned instead of Wolverine and the X-Men. Good god the best thing about Dark Phoenix and New Mutants is perhaps these films will finally be an ensemble as they should be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    from Your article:

so for majority of people :
    Gotg(8,1) is slightly better than DoFP (8,0) - maybe they are equall
    MCU fans inflated GOTG score to 8.1 and critics went easy on the movie so both ratings become irrelevant in a debate that carries subtance

list me 10 reasons why gotg is actually better than dofp.

I have listed 11 reasons , I have given the substance and the argument so you do the same. give me reasons why gotg is better in terms of what a good movie is.

lol, you just twisted the words in the article. that article showed noting is certain and everything is flawed.

The Kingsman has a 74% on RT but a 7.8 on IMDB.

V for Vendetta has a 73% on RT but an 8.2 on IMDB

superman returns is 72/100 on metacritic, placing it higher than the best marvel movie. TWS has a score of 70/100

all the system are deeply flawed and dont prove anything. what proves a movie is better than the other is a real debate and real plot points from us the movie watchers..that is the point of this thread. So lets evalute all aspect for noth films and see which comes out in top.

and form what I can see, DOFP is winning. those that said DOFP is better are giving in-depth reasons why... even to things like tone, which is my 12th reason. those that liked gotg are not giving any in depth real reason why they think the movie is better. they are just attacking me personally and not addressing the topic....interesting.