Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This thread feels less like it was meant to be a debate about two films and more like it was for one person to say their opinion is right.
    You can tell by it being a thread on the Xboard instead of the movie board.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    does this sound like truth.

Mickey Rouke after Iron Man 2.

‘Mickey Rourke Really Doesn’t Like ‘Iron Man 2’; Calls Marvel Movies ‘Mindless’

“[W]hen I did Ivan Vanko in Iron Man, I fought… You know, I explained to Justin Theroux, to the writer, and to [Jon] Favreau, that I wanted to bring some other layers and colors [to the charater], not just make this Russian a complete murderous revenging bad guy. And they allowed me to do that. Unfortunately, the [people] at Marvel just wanted a one-dimensional bad guy, so most of the performance ended up the floor.”

http://screenrant.com/mickey-rourke-...marvel-movies/

do you want me to add what Ed Norton and Joss Whedon also said about Marvel. hmm.
    And what did Anna Paquin want for Rogue in the X-films? Or Halle Berry for Storm?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    XCU don't have interesting characters and plans.
    Yes DoFP was very good but this movie would be better later. People don't know Fox X-men because they are secondary heroes. Even Storm, Cyclops, Rogue are less important than Bucky.... People know X-men from TAS/Evolution.

Most X-men is completly shallow. Powers = only difference between them.

DoFP would be better if we would know X-men and they would have some successes.

People watch Gotg and care about characters. People don't care about X-men after 6 movies... Only 3 old white guys are interesting... That's why mcu is more popular and better. Less and less people watch X-men because they are dolls in Fox movies. People care only about characters with personality and GotG in way better there.

Fox is using X-men without plan and because of that they are les and less popular and will die after a while.
    People know X-Men from marvel comics. like they batman and superman from comics. you know when the marvel vs dc rivalry started in the 1960s. it was thanks mostly to the x-men comics.

X-Men TAS just did what Batman TAS did for Batman's lore. X-Men's iconic status comes from the comics aka the greatest marvel story ever told. shall I list some? Gifted, God Loves Man Kills, AOA, FataL Attraction, The Mutant Massacre, The Dark Phoenix Saga, Messiah Complex and many of the early new mutants comics that was the key to creating what is now the best superhero tv show ever. Legion.

Avengers is sadly what is shallow that is why their movies have thin plot and nolan calles it unreal. X-Men is the deepest and complex america comic series ever released. maybe this will help;

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/5/3...rson-interview.

Chris Claremont and Brent Anderson talk to Vox about their story, its relevance, the current state of the X-Men, and Mike Pence’s uncanny resemblance to their villain.

part of the article that matters.

''God Loves, Man Kills was the first X-Men graphic novel — and it’s also an iconic piece of X-Men history. (New Mutants was technically the first graphic novel to focus on mutants, but God Loves was the first to feature the core X-Men characters.) The basis of the book is quintessential X-Men: a story about humanity and being a minority. The graphic novel turns 35 years old this year, and like a certain adamantium-laced mutant, it’s withstood the weathering of time; not only has it been reprinted several times, but it served as the source material for Bryan Singer’s 2003 film X2: X-Men United. Some of that endurance is due to Claremont and Anderson’s excellent work. But its current relevance is also due to an eerie parallel between God Loves, Man Kills and our contentious political climate — which has seen a resurgence of xenophobia and white supremacy in the months before and after President Donald Trump’s election. ''.

See what I mean when I said x-men has had longevity and will go on even after the movies while the mcu will just decline and get more tiring with all their generic disney movies?

if people don't care about x-men or even the F4. They wont be so passionate about fox getting their act together after the mess that was apocalypse and worse making sure x-men stays out of the mcu.

do you see this scene in X2.

This scene has more depth than any scene in the history of mcu movies.

its ironic that you call x-men shallow, when other mcu actors have called the avengers similar names.lol

I did not call MCU mindless. Mickey Rouke did.

BANNED

Selina:
    You showed perfectly while X-men are less popular.

X-Men's iconic status comes from the comics aka the greatest marvel story ever told.
    True. after that we had X-men TAS. X-men Evolution. Wolverine and X-men Logan, Deadpool.
    X-Men is the deepest and complex america comic series ever released.
    True. Sadly Fox is inferior.
    See what I mean when I said x-men has had longevity
    True. They have. They are still alive unlike F4. We have Fox and X-men are still alive thanks to Claremont and TAS.

You showed me religious nightcrawler? Are You kindding me? That was 14 years ago. 2 minutes are not enough to make interesting character. Xavier and Magneto chesz was 10 times longer....

But its current relevance is also due to an eerie parallel between God Loves, Man Kills and our contentious political climate — which has seen a resurgence of xenophobia and white supremacy in the months before and after President Donald Trump’s election. ''.
    True
    but Fox doesn't have idea how to use X-men correctly

X-men were the best and they were the most popular. then we had fox.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Selina:
    You showed perfectly while X-men are less popular.

True. after that we had X-men TAS. X-men Evolution. Wolverine and X-men Logan, Deadpool.

True. Sadly Fox is inferior.

True. They have. They are still alive unlike F4. We have Fox and X-men are still alive thanks to Claremont and TAS.

You showed me religious nightcrawler? Are You kindding me? That was 14 years ago. 2 minutes are not enough to make interesting character. Xavier and Magneto chesz was 10 times longer....

True
    but Fox doesn't have idea how to use X-men correctly

X-men were the best and they were the most popular. then we had fox.
    the scene was 14 years ago and it matters more today with all the racism and prejudice that has gone in in recent years. especially after america elected the first black president, which did not stop or end racism but just exposed how racist america can still be.

racism, anti-Semitism, homophobia and Islamophobia have risen and are even more severe in today's world. We need more nightcrawlers. we don't need more baby groot who is there to sell toys and lame iron man jokes.

this is also why I said avengers is for kids because in avengers 2012, they joke about god. that two minute scene made nightcrawler more interesting than any mcu characters because there is more to him than showing cool fight skills, which is what mcu characters are about.

dont worry, kids will like and laugh at the captain america God Joke in avengers 2012, then when they get older they will listen to nighcralwer in X2 talk about God and realise why people are actually spiritual.

maybe this will also help in exposing how dumb the avengers movie are compared to x-men's lore and I will use, an x-men cartoon to show you how much deeper x-men is and why x-men will always have longevity, while Avengers movies will fade.

it is not about jokes and costumes and box office because kids like to buy toys and see things explode on screen.

its mindblowing ...an x-men cartoon is more mature and deeper than the mcu movies.

thank fox. we had

X-Men
    X2
    First Class
    DOFP
    Logan
    The Wolverine
    Deadpool.

Still better movies than mcu movies and tend to age better than mcu movies because they have a plot.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-11-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    the scene was 14 years ago and it matters more today with all the racism and prejudice that has gone in in recent years. especially after america elected the first black president, which did not stop or end racism but just exposed how racist america can still be.

racism, anti-Semitism, homophobia and Islamophobia have risen and are even more severe in today's world. We need more nightcrawler. we don't need more baby groots who is there to sell toys and lame iron man jokes.

this is also why I said avengers is for kids because in avengers 2012, they joke about god. that two minute scene made nightcrawler more interesting than any mcu characters because there is more to him than showing cool fight skills, which is what mcu characters are about.

dont worry, kids will like and laugh at the captain america God Joke in avengers 2012, then when they get older they will listen to nighcralwer in X2 talk about God and realise why people are actually spiritual.

maybe this will also help in exposing how dumb the avengers movie are compared to x-men's lore and I will use, an x-men cartoon to show you how much deeper x-men is and why x-men will always have longevity, while Avengers will fade.
    X-Men the Animated series was an excellent series one of the best animated series ever to me. It did a lot of what you said with exposing kids to larger messages but so does all comics just different messages all comics are morality tales. Also X-Men the Animated series like the Avengers films did one thing right it was marketed towards kids exposing them to the larger messages while the X-Men films are great they're not marketed towards children I love the Nolan's Batman films but like the X-Men films they weren't marketing towards children and hopefully by the time kids do get old enough they're not looking at any comic book films for stories of civil rights and spirituality but looking towards films and documentaries on real instances of. As a child comics exposed morality tales which drove me to look to real ones as a teen I saw X-Men films because I loved the characters like I do the MCU films not looking for some deep meaning if I want that I'll watch real stories.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-11-2017 at 08:13 AM.

BANNED

and that's why fox should use them better
    x-men are needed but Fox doesn't understand them
    poor Anna Paquin or Halle Berry - their fate was worse than Ivan Vanko in IM2

racism, anti-Semitism, homophobia and Islamophobia have risen and are even more severe in today's world. We need more nightcrawlers. we don't need more baby groot who is there to sell toys and lame iron man jokes.
    That's why X-men movies should be more popular. They can't use X-men.

like X-men TAS
    and no... nightcrawler was interesting because You know him from X men TAS

no. they will watch real films.
    they don't know about this movie.

it is not about jokes and costumes and box office because kids like to buy toys and see things explode on screen.
    and that's why people think that x-men are without personality and only have powers?

its mindblowing ...an x-men cartoon is more mature and deeper than the mcu movies.
    and better than fox movies.
    thank fox. we had

X-Men
    X2
    First Class
    DOFP
    The Wolverine
    and we should have much better movies. We would them if they would understand X-men.

BANNED

They're both dumb summer blockbusters. Like wtf are you people even arguing about?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-11-2017 at 08:12 AM.