Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    stop whatever you want, it was a comic property. i get it, you're salty. that's fine, but with days of future past, there was an uncertainty about who would survive and who wouldn't. there was none of that with guardians. and there won't be for the sequel either
    I didn't had this feelings because of all this time jumps. Even if some X-men will die ... It doesn't matter because everything will be reverted. That's how i felt during the movie.

7. a little boy who loosing his mother and spend his life making jokes all the time. xavier loosing his leg 10 year prior to the events of dofp and looses his adopted sister and we see the hopelessness, bitterness, sadness, anger and loneliness of those events and the down ward spiral of his life. So who has more depth? Xavier or Star Lord.
    You're mistaking "being depressed and having bad thing happen" for character depth. It's not the same thing. It's not even close to the same thing. Showing a character depressed is easy.

Showing a character that's still haunted by their past but still able to live their life and even enjoy it is much harder.

The Guardians did that. Their lives pretty much sucked, but they didn't wallow in their own depression. Hell, the closest thing Starlord had to a father repeatedly threatened to eat him growing up and even though they were on opposite sides, they still had a fondness towards each other. That shows a lot more work put into their characters than "Oh, I'm sad and depressed because sad and depressing things happened."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    stop whatever you want, it was a comic property. i get it, you're salty. that's fine, but with days of future past, there was an uncertainty about who would survive and who wouldn't. there was none of that with guardians. and there won't be for the sequel either
    I'm sorry, what am I salty about?

I enjoy the superhero genre, and have for a number of years. And I've enjoyed the majority of all superhero movie releases, starting with Blade.

But in all of those, you've given one example where the superheroes didn't win.

There's no shame in admitting that, hey, the superheros mostly win (and by a huge margin), and that's fairly predictable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You should watch Ghost in the shell anime and Ghost in the shell movie
    movie used even some scenes from anime yet people generally will agree: anime is great and movie was weak
    dofp did really good job but gotg was better

because it doesn't really on plot holes

sentinels also shouldn't be able to take over the world

dofp has great : Magneto, Logan, Xavier, Mystique and terrible rest
    gotg have only good or better characters

serious movie can't have Quicksilve who can solve all problems alone

action in gotg is cool and it fits to the movie
    dofp has one cool actions scene and after these you should think: why we have this movie? he can do evrything

yet he created gotg

maybe this would work if we wouldn't have blue mystique or quicksilver...

i saw. gotg is better

no...

dofp was made many times also. many were better than movie.

as long as watch these scenes without thinking? yes

I helped You.
    Sorry but If DoFP would be better then this movie would have better rating on imdb
    even Your article showed that this works very good.
    GotG is sligtly higher ... at best the movies are equally good.

So we have ghost in shell? How many space adventure movie do we have? 50, 100?
    All movies have plot holes. Plot holes does not stop a film with a Better plot as better plot is judged by good story telling and less reliance on cgi.

http://www.movieplotholes.com/guardi...he-galaxy.html

x-men movies also have one too.

LMAO...Sentinels did not take over the world. The worst of humanity did. Sentinels were their tools. Wow, you are failing hard.

DOFP had great Magneto, Logan, Xavier, Mystique, Trask, Kitty Pryde,Beast . Because they were the focused characters and the x-men were not yet formed in the past and were killed off im the future only a few remained.

Funny, Michal bay used your cool action argument TOO. LMAO.

Your Gunn argument does not change the fact that singer had a better body of work. He created gotg, singer created X2. Another superior movie to GOTG and slighter better than DOFP.

Lmao...Mystique is only blue when she is with mutants. She shapeshift to JLAW to fit in better in a grounded world that is serious, hates ans fears her..

Visuals are not a substitute for poor story telling.

Star Wars 3 >>>>>>>> GOTG.

I can list about 50 space fun adventures movies. List me 10 movies that follows the direct concept of dofp? not many people have the brains that chris Claremont had.

8.1 on IMDB with multiple votes from MCU IMDB Socks account and tweens voting for their favourite childish movie.

7.8 is the score of winter solider. a superior movie to gotg.

List me 10 movies that follows the direct concept of dofp?
    I can name five that have the word "Terminator" in the title alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    1. the guardians were criminals, because they told us. Did we see them doing any real criminal activities ...and I don't mean the loveable type of activities.

2. we can think outside the script or reason why kitty had those powers. because she was the time traveller in the original story arc. see my last post to what made dofp stronger in story.

3. boliver trask and the sentinels were the villains in the films. boliver trask philosophy made him a great villain because he made good points on why he had issue with mutants and was not exactly wrong. trask also adding he admired mutants also gave him depth. The sentinels were ruthless killing machine that you feared and cant approach with a dance. raven and magneto are grey characters.

5. its about see not tell. we are told gotg are this and that but we never truly see it. thanks Disney for dumbing things down. we see raven try to assassinate trask on multiple occasions, we see magneto threaten the president on live tv. we see xavier use and abuse drug like substance, we see wolverine take out humans, we see quicksilver actually stealing things, we see beast hiding his true self.

6. Themes of family value is disney 101 and a cliche disney theme...those are easy themes. let disney deal with the themes of drug and substance abuse , prejudice, the consequences of war or GENOCIDE...oh right it was banned from their movies see Iron Man 3.

Ironic Disney does the themes of family, DOFP deals with the themes of when a family falls apart and many of them are drafted, killed and experimented on. magneto confronts xavier on these themes on the plane. So which film has more depth?

7. a little boy who loosing his mother and spend his life making jokes all the time. xavier loosing his leg 10 year prior to the events of dofp and looses his adopted sister and we see the hopelessness, bitterness, sadness, anger and loneliness of those events and the down ward spiral of his life. So who has more depth? Xavier or Star Lord.

8. the future earth needed a dance offs? LOL.
    The film never gave the premise that the universe was in Danger because it was jokes all the way and the tone of GOTG was way too light hearted to make a believable case the universe was in danger. The film tone is about fun. You can’t have fun when the universe is at stake see Empire strikes back. The opening scene of DOFP does a superior job of what was actually at stake. From Moscow to china, where we see the sentinels guarding everywhere. Add that to the mutants and humans matched to concentration camps or the truck that dumps all HUNDREDS , if not THOUSANDS of dead bodies on the floor like trash. THOSE WERE THE STAKES. NAME A STAKE IN GOTG SIMILAR TO THAT?

9. Add character driven arcs to Logan and Magneto and Trask.

Logan : I have been in many wars, but nothing like this.

10. cuts through human emotions. (Watching a little see his mom died wasn't emotional? More than anything in DOFP for me).[/B]

really?

More emotional than magneto freedom speech in the past mirroring when all the x-men were slaughtered in the future

More emotional than Blink’s death...impaled by 3 sentinels. nah, doesn't add up.

More emotional than future magneto trying to seal of the door and sacrifice himself just to give xavier, kitty and logan more time as the sentinels were about to kill him.

More emotional than bobby’s death in the hands in the sentinels which left kitty , Logan, Xavier, magneto with no other defence.

more emotional than when old xavier looks at the students that attended xavier school that are all dead but still has hope.

GOTG does not come close to DOFP when it comes to emotional depth.

Thanks for proving why DOFP is the better movie. as you can see, Your plot points were weak and has been easily debunked by stronger factual points from me.

DOFP is indeed the superior movie.
    As for gray characters all the mutants in DOFP were shown to be doing wrong for a greater cause so they weren't gray they were righteous and again the humans had no more depth that Ronan or Thanos.

Trask, Logan, and Magneto never changed hence no arc.

The deaths in X-Men meant nothing because one most weren't even given anything but glorified cameos to care about and also they were all alive at the end even the imagery with Magneto's speech means nothing if it's not lasting. Say what you will but Peter's mom stayed dead and resonated.

Kitty was sent back in time by a telepath her powers didn't involve time travel so no that doesn't answer that question.

GOTG Cleary showed the power of the Infinity stone and the Danger of it being controlled by Ronan or Thanos which threatened the Galaxy and they stated that in the film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You're mistaking "being depressed and having bad thing happen" for character depth. It's not the same thing. It's not even close to the same thing. Showing a character depressed is easy.

Showing a character that's still haunted by their past but still able to live their life and even enjoy it is much harder.

The Guardians did that. Their lives pretty much sucked, but they didn't wallow in their own depression. Hell, the closest thing Starlord had to a father repeatedly threatened to eat him growing up and even though they were on opposite sides, they still had a fondness towards each other. That shows a lot more work put into their characters than "Oh, I'm sad and depressed because sad and depressing things happened."

are you for real...LMAO.

actually it is easier to show a character easily brush off their dark past and not deal with it. you want to know why?

PRETENCE and the DUMBING DOWN OF STORY TELLING.

please don't ever say what you just said in front of JK Rowling, Stephen King or George RR Martin or even Chris Claremont.

did you ever wonder why x-men comics were called soap opera at itmes?

It is easier to pretend everything is fine and cool than face the harsh reality of certain situations. disney can not let star lord face that so he jokes about. same as they did with tony stark in iron man 2 and 3. life is not about jokes or enjoyment all the time

the guardians are one dimensional. that is why they have no story telling in their movies and everything is about fun and jokes. let them step into the world of x-men. they will grow up fast.

what do we call xavier and magneto fondess towards each other? that carries more weight because we know how different their philosophy are and how much they have hurt each other. that is a fondness that has weight and depth to it.

ego was a terrible villain, magneto is great villain. big difference.

are you for real...LMAO.

actually it is easier to show a character easily brush off their dark past and not deal with it. you want to know why?

PRETENCE and the DUMBING DOWN OF STORY TELLING.

please don't ever say what you just said in front of JK Rowling, Stephen King or George RR Martin or even Chris Claremont.

did you ever wonder why x-men comics were called soap opera at itmes?

It is easier to pretend everything is fine and cool than face the harsh reality of certain situations. disney can not let star lord face that so he jokes about. same as they did with tony stark in iron man 2 and 3. life is not about jokes or enjoyment all the time

the guardians are one dimensional. that is why they have no story telling in their movies and everything is about fun and jokes. let them step into the world of x-men. they will grow up fast.

what do we call xavier and magneto fondess towards each other? that carries more weight because we know how different their philosophy are and how much they have hurt each other. that is a fondness that has weight and depth to it.

ego was a terrible villain, magneto is great villain. big difference.
    Everyone of those writers you mentioned have scenes of fun and characters chilling and playing games and of levity in their stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I can name five that have the word "Terminator" in the title alone.
    I said apart from terminator. but that wont matter because DOFP was written in 1981 and james cameron is well aware of the similarities.. Cameron himself even had input on dofp movie and loved the film..

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-J...st-107697.html

unless of course you say something as naive as..DOFP is a rip off of terminator .

now gotg? complete rip off of star wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Everyone of those writers you mentioned have scenes of fun and characters chilling and playing games and of levity in their stories.

true. but not after what Xavier went through.

the strength of those authors writing is that they know hot to break down characters and have then hit rock bottom.

mcu disney just have their characters make more silly jokes...yawn

I said apart from terminator. but that wont matter because DOFP was written in 1981 and james cameron is well aware of the similarities.. Cameron himself even had input on dofp movie and loved the film..

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-J...st-107697.html

unless of course you say something as naive as..DOFP is a rip off of terminator .

now gotg? complete rip off of star wars.
    GOTG and Star Wars take place in space outside and Starlord is slightly like Han Solo outside of that there really are no similarities. Now if you said Marvel had ripped themselves off and just did the space Avengers that's actually a more valid argument and I would had given you points.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 05-07-2017 at 11:54 AM.

I preferred Guardians, but Days of Future Past was a great film too. Not sure why you're comparing the two other than to just show how you have the superior opinions.

BANNED

So we have ghost in shell? How many space adventure movie do we have? 50, 100?
    All movies have plot holes. Plot holes does not stop a film with a Better plot as better plot is judged by good story telling and less reliance on cgi.
    Ghost in the shell and space adventure? what?
    plot holes - true but gotg has less important plot holes that's why it is better movie in this area

DOFP had great Magneto, Logan, Xavier, Mystique, Trask, Kitty Pryde,Beast . Because they were the focused characters and the x-men were not yet formed in the past and were killed off im the future only a few remained.
    No. Half of them was weak.
    and one more things about deaths - as long as x-men are never focused they can die. in gotg some random people also died. who cares about cameo characters?

Lmao...Mystique is only blue when she is with mutants. She shapeshift to JLAW to fit in better in a grounded world that is serious, hates ans fears her..
    it doesn't work

Visuals are not a substitute for poor story telling.
    true that's why i wrote that gotg has better story and better visuals

I can list about 50 space fun adventures movies. List me 10 movies that follows the direct concept of dofp? not many people have the brains that chris Claremont had.
    dofp concept was used so many times...

8.1 on IMDB with multiple votes from MCU IMDB Socks account and tweens voting for their favourite childish movie.
    it is still better than yout mindless hate especially when You talk about things You didn't watch or read.

7.8 is the score of winter solider. a superior movie to gotg.
    it wasn't superior

If only we had similar stories in X-men movies.

BANNED

GotG is a Star Wars rip-off?

Holy shit that's a new low.

Okay can we all at least agree Mystique's character even with being a shape-shifter was always Mutant and Proud until Jennifer Lawrence got really famous and said I'm not sitting in that make-up chair for hours on end and it wasn't some character development or growth?