Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

So I like both Gotg and DOFP however as a hard-core X-Men fan I will always side with X-Men. Something that DOFP has over Gotg is that the X-Men risk their lives to save everyone and in the end no one will remember and they will continue to hated and feared. After saving the day, the Guardians are treated like heroes. That is the difference.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Also doing a good horror movie requires talent, doing any sort bad movie is easy and people liked bad Adam Sandler films for a long time.
    I'd agree with that.

I'm just saying that if given equally inept people behind and in front of the camera, a bad horror movie will still attract far more fans than a bad comedy movie will.

Adam Sandler is an anomaly that can't be explained. I'm just waiting for the moment when peopl,e step forward and go "Okay. that's it. You don't get to be in movies anymore," kind alike how we did when Mike Myers gave us the one-two punch of Cat in the Hat and the Love Guru.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    were jews and gypsys making jokes as they were matched into concentration camps.

were slaves making jokes as they were whipped and fed to dogs
    This might come as a bit of a shock to you, but yes.

Your odd notion that comedy and jokes are things for children not to be used by adults is wrong.

If anything, it's the nazis that are unable to joke.

BANNED

Alright, time to fess up.

Who pissed in Selina's Wheaties this time?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Alright, time to fess up.

Who pissed in Selina's Wheaties this time?
    Me... she randomly posted in uncanny avengers preview that marvel is bad and that only funny people read this book...

and that only funny people read this book...
    I wouldn't even take that as an insult.

"You're saying I'm funny? Awesome!"

Fantastic Member

Mystique was regarded as the hero who saved the president in X-Men Apocalypse (which I made it through at least a third of with judicious fast-forwarding). and the cheerful school seen at the end of DoFP seems to imply that it's a brighter future.

to be honest, while I liked them, neither were, for me, great films. DoFP took one of the best comic storylines I've read and came up with an OK movie. GotG was a romp, but the characters were pretty unlikable. Of the two, I would find GotG have a greater re-watch potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I wouldn't even take that as an insult.

"You're saying I'm funny? Awesome!"

I just had too

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    GotG left a better impression on fans judging by the opening weekends of their sequels.
    Lol. Thats a very solid point. A point that some users on here will do the most to shot down, but wont deny the facts lol

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Guardians of Galaxy was better DOFP had to many bad Singer changes and was another Wolverine and guest stars X movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Guardians of Galaxy was better DOFP had to many bad Singer changes and was another Wolverine and guest stars X movie
    so I counted the VS and it was a no brainer indeed. DOFP was the superior movie. I had to laugh at some of the MCU FANS comments on this thread since the people that said gotg was better had weak and just laughable lies argument that were easily destroyed with stronger argument and truth telling from those who favoured DOFP.

Sorry on this one but it is clear DOFP is superior , the proof can also be extended to the sequels.

GOTG VOL 2 faired unfavourably with many people because what? the jokes did not land THIS TIME and it was the same thin plot. this same people should have said so in the first film instead of waiting till the sequel. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH BAD MOVIES THAT GETS A PASS FROM CRITICS. they let the problem escalate.

Apocalypse was trashed by everyone because it was not up to the standard of DOFP. Ironically Apocalypse is a film that has divided a lot of fan and does not get the same hate as X3 but the film is so unforgivable because of what came before aka DOFP.

Maybe GOTG would have been a good movie of it had tried to tell a story and not use lame jokes to hide the fact that the film had no plot and was all about visual splendour and having fun.

BANNED

so I counted the VS and it was a no brainer indeed. DOFP was the superior movie. I had to laugh at some of the MCU FANS comments on this thread since the people that said gotg was better had weak and just laughable lies argument that were easily destroyed with stronger argument and truth telling from those who favoured DOFP.

Sorry on this one but it is clear DOFP is superior , the proof can also be extended to the sequels.
    sequels?
    Dofp had Apo... very weak movie
    GotG 2 is much better than Apo.
    we all know Your opinion but all data give us other impression.

Apocalypse was trashed by everyone because it was not up to the standard of DOFP. Ironically Apocalypse is a film that has divided a lot of fan and does not get the same hate as X3 but the film is so unforgivable because of what came before aka DOFP.
    This movie was trashed because this is weak movie.

I just saw volume 2 and liked it a lot. there is a different tone between the guardians movies and the x-men movies. I feel that when i'm going to watch guardians of the galaxy, i'm in for a fun and wild space romp with humor being a big part of the movie. when i watch an x-men movie, i feel there are high stakes, lives are on the line, there is a more serious tone. I enjoy both greatly though and i'm not trying to pick out flaws and compare them. i just like them for what they are

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Sorry on this one but it is clear DOFP is superior
    , the proof can also be extended to the sequels.

GOTG VOL 2 faired unfavourably with many people because what? the jokes did not land THIS TIME and it was the same thin plot. this same people should have said so in the first film instead of waiting till the sequel. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH BAD MOVIES THAT GETS A PASS FROM CRITICS. they let the problem escalate.

Maybe GOTG would have been a good movie of it had tried to tell a story and not use lame jokes to hide the fact that the film had no plot and was all about visual splendour and having fun.

your opinion is not any more valid than mine just linked my quote

I am an Xmen Fan but DoFP was lack luster to me and I hated AoA.

I was under the impression that this was for our opinions not to tell each other they are wrong

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

I enjoyed DoFP, but I wish they could have spent more time in the future since this was probably the last time we were ever going to see most of the original cast, like Ian McKellen as Magneto (I know there's more on the Rogue Cut, but I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet).

Also, having stuff like "Xavier can walk if he's on drugs," and "Beast can transform back and forth" was just weird. And I didn't like how Banshee and Emma were just killed offscreen. If they didn't want to use those characters they could have just written them out while leaving the door open for future movies (I know they messed up Emma's character in First Class, but it's not like they couldn't salvage her).

GotG 2 spoilers:
    spoilers:
    I'm a MUCH bigger fan of the X-Men as characters than I am of Guardians of the Galaxy, but I don't think the X-Men movies ever made me cry as much as Yondu's sacrifice did.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan; 05-08-2017 at 10:30 AM.