Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I wish the Revenge Squad wasn't such a 'sausage fest' this time around. I would've loved to see Maxima, but I would've also accepted Live Wire or Silver Banshee.
    yeah, some female villains would be nice for sure.

I'm still curious to know what's going on with Silver Banshee in the new continuity, especially if Supergirl's New 52 run still happened in some form.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It's an homage to this cover Byrne did, an homage to an earlier cover he did.
    Yeah. Byrne did a Superman cover that homages a Fantastic Four cover he did.

It's kind of clever because Henshaw is a Mr. Fantastic pastiche and the Revenge Squad could, I suppose, have an FF vibe. Though there are a few better choices for Superman villains if they wanted to lean into that.

Maybe Henshaw, Loophole, Atomic Skull, and Lobo as a team, for instance. Maybe throw in Mongal, Muhammad X, Maxima, etc. for She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Medusa, etc.

Sidebar: I kind of want a Henshaw/Lord Havok rivalry now.

I wish the Revenge Squad wasn't such a 'sausage fest' this time around. I would've loved to see Maxima, but I would've also accepted Live Wire or Silver Banshee.
    Banshee would have been cool. Maxima and Live Wire should be anti-heroes at worst, though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yeah, some female villains would be nice for sure.
    Dc has very few actual female villains. The overwhelming majority are actually anti-heroes. I think it's basically just Granny Goodness and a handful of others. More on that, Maxima's shtick still trying to seduce Superman because he can't produce offspring with earth women? Because if so, she's might need a revamp.
    Edit: I forgot about Faora, she would work.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 05-08-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It's an homage to this cover Byrne did, an homage to an earlier cover he did.
    I kinda thought so, but it's awfully loose aside from the one pose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Dc has very few actual female villains. The overwhelming majority are actually anti-heroes. I think it's basically just Granny Goodness and a handful of others. More on that, Maxima's shtick still trying to seduce Superman because he can't produce offspring with earth women? Because if so, she's might need a revamp.
    Well, New 52 Maxima sorta kinda maybe had a thing for Kara...

(Though if you combine those two ideas...yeow....talk about reluctant villains.....)

The first image cheated me... A fake superman..

Yes, You are right.. the villain team, all men... But we have 2 women in Superman team..

I see one image with Eradicator.. He worked for Zod.. This is canon now?
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-09-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

But really have them get to know one another again. I was just reading the Man of Steel comic from the early 2000s and I absolutely loved the level of trust between Superman and Steel. That's a feeling that I'd like to see come back with everyone.
    Good to hear. Schultz and Mahnke was just a great, slept-on run

Fantastic Member

I don't see what gender has to do with this.

I don't enjoy the villains depending on them being male or female. I enjoy them for what they are.

Speaking of Steel, I think he should have been (and should be going forward) on the Justice League in place of Cyborg. Vic is great, but having another full human on the team who is also able to contribute as an inventor would be great.

I know that won't happen, so I hope we'll see more of John Henry in the Super books.