Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I hope dogs will be allowed in the apartment. Too often where Krypto sleeps at night is glossed over in the modern comics.

I hope Clark outfits the apartment with a bunch of secret tech like he did the house in Hamilton. Sort of give it a Baxter Building vibe.
    Yeah, I hope Krypto can stay in the apartment and Clark maybe should think about outfitting it with a bunch of secret tech like he did their previous home. At any rate I'm hyped for the arc.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I hope dogs will be allowed in the apartment. Too often where Krypto sleeps at night is glossed over in the modern comics.

I hope Clark outfits the apartment with a bunch of secret tech like he did the house in Hamilton. Sort of give it a Baxter Building vibe.
    I think they will hardly spend time in the apartment honestly, based on that Supergirl Reborn tie in. Seems like the ice fortress is where they really relax. I hope they actually show Clark's reason for putting a train in there also and make it more of a setting for the whole super fam to come through and chill.

Do we know if action is going to become a Super-Family Book I know their all appearing somepoint in the future but is that a one off or here to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Do we know if action is going to become a Super-Family Book I know their all appearing somepoint in the future but is that a one off or here to stay?
    We do know the rest of the Super-Family is going to appear in this arc to help fight the Revenge Squad, but beyond that I don't think it's been clarified whether that signals a change in direction for Action.

I hope it does! What do you think the chances are of it taking it in a team book direction?

I want to see Supergirl and New Super-man together, I think that would be fun

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think they will hardly spend time in the apartment honestly, based on that Supergirl Reborn tie in. Seems like the ice fortress is where they really relax. I hope they actually show Clark's reason for putting a train in there also and make it more of a setting for the whole super fam to come through and chill.
    I think that was just to show how fun and well adjusted to the superness the Kent family was. I don't think they'll spend most of their time in the Fortress. It was just to allow Kal and Kara to be super with the family. As far as I can tell, Orlando was going for an All Star Superman homage. Lois and Superman have dinner inside a ship that Superman found and restored

The idea is basically that Superman does everything on a bigger scale. We build model ships in bottles, and place them in our "man caves." Superman digs up the titanic, restores it, and places it in his ice fortress.

I think Orlando was doing that, but with the idea of Superman's version of a model train.

I think that was just to show how fun and well adjusted to the superness the Kent family was. I don't think they'll spend most of their time in the Fortress. It was just to allow Kal and Kara to be super with the family. As far as I can tell, Orlando was going for an All Star Superman homage. Lois and Superman have dinner inside a ship that Superman found and restored

The idea is basically that Superman does everything on a bigger scale. We build model ships in bottles, and place them in our "man caves." Superman digs up the titanic, restores it, and places it in his ice fortress.

I think Orlando was doing that, but with the idea of Superman's version of a model train.
    That does make sense, man, I just really liked the idea of that being a hangout spot. But your idea of a baxter type building for Superman would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That does make sense, man, I just really liked the idea of that being a hangout spot. But your idea of a baxter type building for Superman would be cool.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the fact that it's a hang out spot for DC's first family. For the longest time I think there's been an element of fun missing from the fortress in modern comics. Orlando totally flipped that with the fun addition of the train, and the family deciding to have dinner there that night. I just hope we continue that line of thinking.

I think both the fortress and the apartment can be really fun and spectacular in their own ways.

Have you by chance seen this?

Since they showed this already - Here's a little sneak peek of my first issue of Action Comics.

"And I just have to share Dan Jurgens' panel description of this spread with you. Just to scare all you aspiring comic artist, haha. This is what you'll have to draw every day (well, maybe not every day):

"Left side of the spread. Cutaway shot of the Fortress which shows the basic levels. Let’s give it about five levels total. Superman and Zod are on the bottom level—which is ground level. The next level up from that shows various rooms including some kind of power supply. Exotically Kryptonian. The third level is the main one. We see the chamber with the statues of Jor-El and Lara, Crystal console and the adjoining chamber with the Kryptonian Battle suit, etc. Another chamber has a large monitoring facility that can, presumably, tune into any place on earth. The fourth level up has a workout room for Superman as well as the medical facility we’ve seen before. The workout room should have a giant kind of weight lifting setup that looks like it could apply about 500 kilotons of pressure on Superman. The top level has several bedrooms and a massive library filled with books—perhaps from many cultures and worlds. It also has a storage room that has all sorts of exotic trophies in cases and weapons. All the levels are connected by an elevator shaft as well as stairs that lead up from the middle of each level to the one above. For action, on the lower level, Zod punches away at Superman. “There’s something WRONG with you."

Obviously, some of the stuff had to go since it would have really slowed the action down too much. Still a pretty challenging double page to draw."

These something about the absurdity of Superman having weights to lift in his fortress that I really like.

Another cool preview. I truly do feel these are the best Superman books since Smallville. Hopefully what's being done with the current books (The Ultimate Superman, Jon,etc) is a sign that DC is making Superman as immune to reboots as Batman.

Fantastic Member

I guess it would be too much to expect Mongul to be dreaming about rainbows and unicorns. True to form, his dream is a bloodied, battered, and dead Superman. Yeah, Eradicator is gonna really have to twist his arm to get him to join the Revenge Squad.

The art looks fantastic, and the story arc looks promising. Also can't wait to see how the Kents adjust to life back in the big city.

Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the fact that it's a hang out spot for DC's first family. For the longest time I think there's been an element of fun missing from the fortress in modern comics. Orlando totally flipped that with the fun addition of the train, and the family deciding to have dinner there that night. I just hope we continue that line of thinking.

I think both the fortress and the apartment can be really fun and spectacular in their own ways.

Have you by chance seen this?

Since they showed this already - Here's a little sneak peek of my first issue of Action Comics.

"And I just have to share Dan Jurgens' panel description of this spread with you. Just to scare all you aspiring comic artist, haha. This is what you'll have to draw every day (well, maybe not every day):

"Left side of the spread. Cutaway shot of the Fortress which shows the basic levels. Let’s give it about five levels total. Superman and Zod are on the bottom level—which is ground level. The next level up from that shows various rooms including some kind of power supply. Exotically Kryptonian. The third level is the main one. We see the chamber with the statues of Jor-El and Lara, Crystal console and the adjoining chamber with the Kryptonian Battle suit, etc. Another chamber has a large monitoring facility that can, presumably, tune into any place on earth. The fourth level up has a workout room for Superman as well as the medical facility we’ve seen before. The workout room should have a giant kind of weight lifting setup that looks like it could apply about 500 kilotons of pressure on Superman. The top level has several bedrooms and a massive library filled with books—perhaps from many cultures and worlds. It also has a storage room that has all sorts of exotic trophies in cases and weapons. All the levels are connected by an elevator shaft as well as stairs that lead up from the middle of each level to the one above. For action, on the lower level, Zod punches away at Superman. “There’s something WRONG with you."

Obviously, some of the stuff had to go since it would have really slowed the action down too much. Still a pretty challenging double page to draw."

These something about the absurdity of Superman having weights to lift in his fortress that I really like.
    Yep, I saw that. Like, I think it would be cool to imagine Kenan just heading to the ice fortress to clear his head and relax as well as Supergirl and the others. I like the idea of it not just being Superman's personal fortress anymore.

I'm a big proponent of Superman's Fortress being something for close to him. That's why I can't stand it when writers make it such a bummer for him to go there, or make it so he just goes their for business. In my mind, going into the Fortress is like walking into Clark's inner most thoughts. That said, I think members of the Superman family should have ways to get in there more or less when they want. Clark giving them access is an ultimate show of trust and faith in these people, and it really solidify's them as a family.

I actually wouldn't mind a whole arc where we pick up from Manpaul's concept of Clark naturally building up walls between himself and the world as a reflex/learned behavior from his well meaning adopted father, Jon. Make it like a "Superman Family Retreat" arc where Clark and the Super family engage in bonding and trust building exercise. They'd obviously be surprised to find out that Jon has stowed away lol

But really have them get to know one another again. I was just reading the Man of Steel comic from the early 2000s and I absolutely loved the level of trust between Superman and Steel. That's a feeling that I'd like to see come back with everyone.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I'm a big proponent of Superman's Fortress being something for close to him. That's why I can't stand it when writers make it such a bummer for him to go there, or make it so he just goes their for business. In my mind, going into the Fortress is like walking into Clark's inner most thoughts. That said, I think members of the Superman family should have ways to get in there more or less when they want. Clark giving them access is an ultimate show of trust and faith in these people, and it really solidify's them as a family.

I actually wouldn't mind a whole arc where we pick up from Manpaul's concept of Clark naturally building up walls between himself and the world as a reflex/learned behavior from his well meaning adopted father, Jon. Make it like a "Superman Family Retreat" arc where Clark and the Super family engage in bonding and trust building exercise. They'd obviously be surprised to find out that Jon has stowed away lol

But really have them get to know one another again. I was just reading the Man of Steel comic from the early 2000s and I absolutely loved the level of trust between Superman and Steel. That's a feeling that I'd like to see come back with everyone.
    YES! Superman and Steel's relationship was one of the best things about the books back then. Steel definitely earned the right to be let in on the secret. Superman's crew definitely needs to be shown gelling into an inspirational and positive force.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm a little confused as to how the variant is "after Byrne."
    It's an homage to this cover Byrne did, an homage to an earlier cover he did.

I wish the Revenge Squad wasn't such a 'sausage fest' this time around. I would've loved to see Maxima, but I would've also accepted Live Wire or Silver Banshee.