Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, besides this, mot of the new 52 in general(not just counting Superman) is still in continuity unless stated otherwise.
    Truth is probably no longer canon or could not have happened in the same way, given that (1) Lois already knew Clark was Superman well before that and (2) everybody else doesn't seem to know Clark is Superman. Pretty much any Superman story where he's with Wonder Woman can no longer be canon. Morrison's origin seems completely gone, given that Jurgens basically went with Secret Origin. The Final Days of Superman is likewise probably out. Even Superman's time with the N52 JLA seems to be out of canon, given that the JLA was now no longer around for only 5 years and Superman was raising Jonathan for the past 10 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    The New52 Wonder Woman was written By Azzarello.

Azzarello.

The guy responsible for writing For Tomorrow (The worst Superman story EVER) and, for heaven's sake, for completely screwing up The killing Joke.

Is anybody out there who's really missing a Brian Azzarello's story? Really?
    He also wrote Lex Luthor Man of Steel and Flashpoint Knight of Vengeance.

BANNED

And a little book called '100 Bullets'.

I'm not a fan of his Wonder Woman run, but Azzarello is an incredibly talented writer. One of the best in comics.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    And a little book called '100 Bullets'.

I'm not a fan of his Wonder Woman run, but Azzarello is an incredibly talented writer. One of the best in comics.
    Yeah, Azzarello isn't my favorite writer (his WW is a tad overrated and I really don't like FOR TOMORROW all that much) but he's a talented guy with the right material. 100 Bullets was good and I liked his Joker and Luthor graphic novels.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

SMWW started alright, but otherwise when it comes to WW... I could never actually muster the interest to get through a full issue outside of Azzarello. It's funny how that works sometimes: "regulars" can take or leave something different, but people who otherwise have no interest may just truly love it.

Azzarello.

The guy responsible for writing For Tomorrow (The worst Superman story EVER) and, for heaven's sake, for completely screwing up The killing Joke.

I can do without "For Tomorrow," but his WW was entertaining and better than the stuff I read that came out since, so...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Truth is probably no longer canon or could not have happened in the same way, given that (1) Lois already knew Clark was Superman well before that and (2) everybody else doesn't seem to know Clark is Superman. Pretty much any Superman story where he's with Wonder Woman can no longer be canon. Morrison's origin seems completely gone, given that Jurgens basically went with Secret Origin. The Final Days of Superman is likewise probably out. Even Superman's time with the N52 JLA seems to be out of canon, given that the JLA was now no longer around for only 5 years and Superman was raising Jonathan for the past 10 years.
    I was talking about the new 52 in general, not Superman specifically. And yes, these stories happened differently, but in my personal opinion until proven otherwise, I'm betting several of those stories will still count whenever needed. Like Yang referencing the beginning of truth in new-superman last issue

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

Azzarello.

I can do without "For Tomorrow," but his WW was entertaining and better than the stuff I read that came out since, so...
    Wonder Woman by Azzarello/Chiang definitely wasn't "traditional" Wonder Woman, but since the New52 was a reboot/ a chance to start over fresh, that shouldn't have mattered. I felt like it was one of the best runs during the entire New52, and it was a sin it was followed by the Finches and the "vegetative injustice!" crap.

Hopefully the adventures at least still happened, just with the addendum they were just allies/friends. Makes Soule's run lose a ton of its shine, but better than it all being thrown out.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hopefully the adventures at least still happened, just with the addendum they were just allies/friends. Makes Soule's run lose a ton of its shine, but better than it all being thrown out.
    This. Although given Zod is a bit different I wonder if it can be canon ( specifically Soule's run)?

Either way it was firmly canon and it was the combination of the Nuperman and Superdad canons that gave us the current Superman so as far as I'm concerned it still counts in the larger scheme of things, even if certain details and aspects were nullified. Same with the Kents and Conner, IMO.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

I think they can still say the basics of a Zod/Faora (or Ursa) vs Superman/Wonder Woman encounter can still go down. I'm not sure how different Zod is now though since I don't read SS.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think they can still say the basics of a Zod/Faora (or Ursa) vs Superman/Wonder Woman encounter can still go down. I'm not sure how different Zod is now though since I don't read SS.
    Apparently he's like, unusually larger than normal due to being in the Phantom Zone for a while and batsh!T crazy. Not that Zod has ever been the most mentally together being , of course, but a little more off kilter than hes usually portrayed.