Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Massive use of nukes may or may not result in dead Avengers. What is sure is that it will result in no more USA even if your first hit lands and kills every single last Avengers before they can counterattack.
    I was making the point of them stopping most of the nukes like Dr M would have, which would be them all using "Max" power/effort to stop them which would save the US and drain them enough to where the remaining nukes would be enough to down the big Guns and not make the entire country unlibeable. A strecth but movie/comics wise its not really that much of one though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I was making the point of them stopping most of the nukes like Dr M would have, which would be them all using "Max" power/effort to stop them which would save the US and drain them enough to where the remaining nukes would be enough to down the big Guns and not make the entire country unlibeable. A strecth but movie/comics wise its not really that much of one though.
    Hang on...
    The plan is launching a planet-killing amount of nukes at them on the unproven assumption that they will stop enough of them that whatever gets through will just kill the Avengers?

Who made up that plan? L.Ron Hubbard?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, I laughed. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Hang on...
    The plan is launching a planet-killing amount of nukes at them on the unproven assumption that they will stop enough of them that whatever gets through will just kill the Avengers?

If the alternative is being atomized by Magical Gods lightning or squashed like a bug unded a giant green Troll monster, or turned to ash by Tech Gods or a actual living Skynet 2.0 then I would take a plan made by Wile E Coyote himself if that has some way of working.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    If the alternative is being atomized by Magical Gods lightning or squashed like a bug unded a giant green Troll monster, or turned to ash by Tech Gods or a actual living Skynet 2.0 then I would take a plan made by Wile E Coyote himself if that has some way of working.
    The Avengers are not on the offense here.
    The question posed is if Thunderbolt Ross felt like taking out the Avengers, could he?

And you are seriously underestimating what just a very small number of nukes will do.

The Avengers are not on the offense here.
    The question posed is if Thunderbolt Ross felt like taking out the Avengers, could he?

And you are seriously underestimating what just a very small number of nukes will do.
    I'm going off my post of "if all the Avengers were sitting in one place and they suddenly got nukes coming at them with no warning" scenario. I already established that the Avengers win against just the Military, but if its ALL of the MCU that isnt an Avenger vs the Avengers then they probably lose.

Also this is MCU Earth, not our Earth so with SHEILD tech and Magic at their disposal the fallout from said nukes could be handled much better than our real Earth. Plus MCU Earth had the whole"Nuke NY" thing were they did the whole nuke the enemy thing so its not past them. It mostly about radiation containment and SHEILD by itself has shown multiple energy containers/absorbers as it would take many nukes to actually turn a city into a crater and not just level buildings/parks.

Incredible Member

I think it is taken as granted that supers are going to be on the Avenger's side.
    The OP doesn't state this so I would wager super human agents loyal to SHIELD would likely fight for the "normies".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    The OP doesn't state this so I would wager super human agents loyal to SHIELD would likely fight for the "normies".
    From the OP: "What if it does ultimately come down to the UN and the "normies" vs. the Avengers?"

Most of SHIELD is 'normies'. Ghostrider, Doctor strange, and the Inhumans are not.

Then again, Fury and SHIELD have a history of going rogue in this sort of situation.
    Last edited by Carabas; 05-12-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Fantastic Member

For clarification, this is indeed supposed to be "normal" humans vs. supers. The Accords were supposed to be about controlling the super population and I just wanted to see if, push come to shove, they could actually manage this without the willing compliance of the supers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    For clarification, this is indeed supposed to be "normal" humans vs. supers. The Accords were supposed to be about controlling the super population and I just wanted to see if, push come to shove, they could actually manage this without the willing compliance of the supers.
    No, they could absolutely not manage it. Controlling them, that is.
    Wiping them out is not controlling them.

Fantastic Member

No, they could absolutely not manage it. Controlling them, that is.
    Wiping them out is not controlling them.
    Presumably one would lead to the other. A show of force is often how you get people to fall in line.

For the purpose of this thread though, it is all-out take no prisoners warfare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Presumably one would lead to the other. A show of force is often how you get people to fall in line.

For the purpose of this thread though, it is all-out take no prisoners warfare.
    The Avengers win.
    Okay, it's just Vision and the Hulk sitting on a charcoaled, irradiate rock, but technically it's a win.