Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I'm talking more about motivation. Iron man 3 was essentually about Tony getting rid of his gear and quitting. But then Avengers comes around and he's there fully suited up with no explanation.
    It is a bit of a plot hole with Tony. In Iron Man 3 he seemingly stops being Iron Man and then in the opening scene of Age of Ultron he is suited up as Iron man and has the Iron Legion up and running.

I'm talking more about motivation. Iron man 3 was essentually about Tony getting rid of his gear and quitting. But then Avengers comes around and he's there fully suited up with no explanation.
    The very last line of the movie was I am Ironman as. he picks up a screw driver and drives off with the dunce robot i believe. He was just starting from scratch not quitting. Atleast thats how I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The very last line of the movie was I am Ironman as. he picks up a screw driver and drives off with the dunce robot i believe. He was just starting from scratch not quitting. Atleast thats how I saw it.
    That's what I thought, too. Hence why Pepper dumped him and he's suited up in AoU.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That's what I thought, too. Hence why Pepper dumped him and he's suited up in AoU.
    Both of you are correct.

He makes it clear in Civil War, too.

Incredible Member

My questions all lay with Bruce in AoU. So he was on the run after TIH. Then after Avengers what exactly his status is is never made clear. I mean, I assume he's been cleared of any government people chasing him, right? And he has his own lab at Stark Tower. So is he living back in society again? Is he living/working full time at Stark Tower? If so, why isn't he back with Betty? Seriously, why is that never referenced as he starts to romance Natasha?

Incredible Member

Black Widow and her backstory

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    My questions all lay with Bruce in AoU. So he was on the run after TIH. Then after Avengers what exactly his status is is never made clear. I mean, I assume he's been cleared of any government people chasing him, right? And he has his own lab at Stark Tower. So is he living back in society again? Is he living/working full time at Stark Tower? If so, why isn't he back with Betty? Seriously, why is that never referenced as he starts to romance Natasha?
    They never explain, i assume since Hulk is only in avneger movies(till november) they dont have time to bring in Hulk related characters. Its much easier to give him somethinr with a character whos already theyre like Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    Black Widow and her backstory
    She was somekinda sterile russian assasins who Fury saves and gets to join shield. I personaly dont care to know more but supposedly a blackwidow movie is in the works so maybe you will get your wish.

Fantastic Member

Have you seen the new Thor trailer?

Ultimate Member

The Avengers had some clout after saving the world, I imagine, and were able to push back on demands to hand over Banner, I imagine. But that ended after his Age of Ultron rampage.

I think the problem with movies (small problem, but problem al the same) is that details like how Banner, and later Scarlet Witch, were able to stay free after what they've done, fall through the cracks.

I'm more perplexed by why Tony's deep rooted fear is the world falling to aliens when Iron Man 3 essentially gets rid of that whole thing.

Spectacular Member

In Civil War Tony' says. "A few years ago I almost lost her(Pepper), so I trashed all my suits. Then we had to mop up HYDRA, and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't want to stop"

There you have it. He doesn't want to give up being Ironman.