Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Very excited for this. I love Afterlife with Archie and I was a big fan of the Melissa Joan Hart Sabrina series, so I am looking forward to this a lot. Hopefully it'll come out on a monthly basis and help ease the gap between issues of Afterlife with Archie. Even publishing Sabrina on alternating months with Afterlife would be a good idea, so we could still get a monthly Archie horror fix in some form.
    Afterlife with Archie is my favourite series I'm reading these days. Very excited to pick up Sabrina, and also looking forward to the Josie and the Pussycats relaunch next year.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I can't wait to see their take on SALEM in this.

Daftzeke

where do I order it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daftzeke View Post
    where do I order it
    I would suggest your local comic book store (www.comicshoplocator.com), or you should be able to find it digitally on Comixology.com around its release date (October 8).

I'm def. adding this to my pull list
    Reading Miracleman, Amazing Spider-Man, Batman Eternal, Earth2, Gotham Academy.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

That preview was way more interesting and creepy than I thought it would be. This could be really good.

In the mean time, I continue to love the main Archie title and characters. There is nothing wrong in this alternate take on things. I think it is fun.

This is looking so much better than I imagined, and I already had high expectations!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

I love the art. Has that 50's horror touch within it. Something about Archie that I can appreciate about them. They are attempting to grow as a company (though they have been making moves for a while now) and you have to admire it.

So is this series set in the 50's?

I just saw that this was on my LCS's pull list and looked it up out of curiosity to find out what it was, finding out it's related to Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. I'm completely unfamiliar with the property, but the artwork is terrific and it sounds intriguing. Since this is a rebooted origin story, I assume it would be something a complete newbie to the franchise could enjoy?
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Amazing first issue! Just finished it and if you have any interest in horror books, you need to check this out!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I just saw that this was on my LCS's pull list and looked it up out of curiosity to find out what it was, finding out it's related to Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. I'm completely unfamiliar with the property, but the artwork is terrific and it sounds intriguing. Since this is a rebooted origin story, I assume it would be something a complete newbie to the franchise could enjoy?
    Yes, I read the first issue today and I know pretty much nothing about Sabrina The Teenage Witch but was able to follow the story just fine. If you are interested I would 100% recommend checking out this issue. At the back of the issue they even include Sabrina's first comic appearance and they said they will continue printing old Sabrina stories in the book.

Well, I gotta say I can't remember the last time I felt that exhausted from reading a comic book. Extremely talky, not to mention a ton of plot. I think they should have loosened the story up a bit and saved some things for subsequent issues. It felt over-stuffed and hectic with all the time jumps, too. I also thought it was interesting that I had to wait until the back-up re-print of Sabrina's first appearance to find out exactly what a "familiar" is, since the main story just gave us a talking cat (and talking snakes) without any explanation.

I thought the artwork was splendid and the opening prologue was nice and moody. But storywise, I think if they hadn't tried to cram so much stuff in, it would have flowed better and made more of an impression.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Yeah, it felt a little heavy but I really enjoyed it. Most comics don't take a lot of time to read, so I appreciated the effort put into this one by the creative team.

Loved how it blended the horror elements along with Sabrina's classic humor, and the art was fantastic. Hope they get to tell Salem's origin story eventually like the teased they would in one interview a while ago!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    So is this series set in the 50's?
    No, in it Sabrina was born in 1950, so it's set in the mid-sixties.

Awesome comic this was.