Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    Have these forums ever been worse than they are right now?
    It really is unbearable. I always forget how overzealous the Cyclops and Storm stans are because I never go into their appreciation threads. But then you see them outside of the thread.. and yikes

BANNED

Magneto and Cylclops. cyclops kissing emma on jean's grave. magneto getting a pass for his crime.

however the emma and cyclops thing grew on people.

ha, I was going to put Joseph on my list ad well.

what of Spat? really hated her.
    Last edited by Selina; 05-08-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    That article you're propping up says that people only know about Callisto from X3. So basically nobody knows about one of Storm's most iconic stories.

That doesn't really make sense, if Storm is supposed to be such a popular character.

Or maybe the author just doesn't know what he's talking about.

thats the thing. i don't expect people (casual fans or people outside comicbook fandom) to know all the intricacies of the xmen lore. especially when most people probably became fans from the movies and/or cartoons. not the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    EIGHT MONTHS OF NOTHING. This is Storm. Useless, incompetent, loser.
    This useless, incompetent, loser is still better than Cyclops in every way as shown here:

and here:

and most recently here:

Storm (even as an incompetent loser) didn't die to a cloud..

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yes. I spent six months adding 20K votes to this.... which wouldn't be statistically significant and I have a life so no. So what a millions not enough.. or 250K or 100K. I feel like you're convinced of your position and no evidence to the contrary is going make you see reason. Enjoy the blissful ignorance.
    good to know. don't need a poll from 2014 to indicate he is more popular as i said there is no way to prove 1.5 actual people voted. it could have been hacking anything.
    however, I do know storm is featured more prominently when it comes to the mainstream advertisements than cyclops.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Mildly surprised anyone would really care what a dude who seemingly hasn't picked up a comic in a couple of decades thinks.

BANNED

That article you're propping up says that people only know about Callisto from X3. So basically nobody knows about one of Storm's most iconic stories.
    If basically nobody knows about it outside X-Men fandom then it is not iconic in any way whatsoever.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thats the thing. i don't expect people (casual fans or people outside comicbook fandom) to know all the intricacies of the xmen lore. especially when most people probably became fans from the movies and/or cartoons. not the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If basically nobody knows about it outside X-Men fandom then it is not iconic in any way whatsoever.
    Then that's not the audience the article is directed towards to. Do people outside of the fandom care about Joseph, Marrow, or Skin? Do they care about what Pietro did in House of M, or what Cyclops did in AVX, like the article does?
    Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan; 05-09-2017 at 12:18 AM.

They couldn't bother to come up with a reason why people should hate even half these characters. It's more a list of flawed or ill-conceived characters. Clearly they just wanted to ramp up to Emma and Scott but couldn't fill out a Top 15 without seriously grasping.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This useless, incompetent, loser is still better than Cyclops in every way as shown here:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...width-down/627

and here:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...width-down/627
    and most recently here:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...uszsefurvx.png

Storm (even as an incompetent loser) didn't die to a cloud..
    What did Cyclops do? Save mutants from Wanda's genocide. What did Storm do? continue to let the mutants die for eight months while she licked Herr Medusa's boots and let the survivors rot in a hell dimension.

If she had been the leader when Captain America stormed their beach, she probably would have just given them Hope and damned them all.

Unglaublich!

Not only does this list include two of my favourites (Marrow and Lifeguard), it also completely gets things wrong!

The writer explicitly states that Lifeguard can only protect others and not herself, even though when we first see her powers in full view (rather than being hinted at during the shark attack), she manifests her golden armour to protect herself from gunfire. Or when she went to rescue Sage and her power countered Lady Mastermind's every attack.

Then we get to her brother, Slipstream. Who can usually only teleport himself. Except for when we see his very first use of his powers (on panel) and he's taking the entire X-Treme team with him on his Warp Wave!

Just utter, utter crap. Why bother doing research when you can just make things up, eh...?

BANNED

Then that's not the audience the article is directed towards to. Do people outside of the fandom care about Joseph, Marrow, or Skin? Do they care about what Pietro did in House of M, or what Cyclops did in AVX, like the article does?
    People outside the comicbook fandom have never even heard about any of those things. I have no idea who Skin and Joseph are. Or this Broo thing (but he seems like a character I'd love)

I just dislike the abuse of the word iconic.

I think this list is okay for what it is. Obviously it's going to have some weird choices and is going to have lackluster research behind it since you know, it's one of those click bait listicles.

But I think people are looking at this too much from the fan perspective and going "But I like this character so they can't be on a most hated characters list!" or "This character has a lot of fans so they can't possibly be equally hated!".

Let's face it, some of these characters are out right hated by many people and some of them are written as a-holes that would understandably be hated by people. Like Quicksilver is a massive dick and has done a lot of wrong things (and then avoided taking responsibility from his actions). And same goes for Cyclops. Yeah, he is a fan favorite and one of the most popular X-Men but that just means that he has even more people who dislike him and the stuff that was said about him in the entry is true and does make him sound like a pretty terrible person when you think about it. He's a chronic cheater who can't hold a marriage together at all, no matter who he is with. He always ends up hurting his wives by sleeping with other women or abandoning them.

And while saying that other characters on that list are massively hated might be a stretch there certainly are a lot of problems with them. Like Cypher makes those lists all the time because he is one of those characters who suffers from the Aquaman effect of people not really thinking it through what his powers can actually accomplish as they just hurry to brush him off as a useless character with a useless power. And same applies for both Angel and Jubilee. Most people don't realize that Jubilee can do more than just shoot ineffective light shows off her hands and that Angel can do more than just fly with his wings. It's just that their most commonly known powers are the ones people associate them with and thus they are seen as lame and boring. And let's face it, Angel's original powers are pretty weak when you compare them to rest of O5 and the later introduction of flight as a secondary power for third of all superheroes hasn't helped him stay very cool either. He needed the power boost from Apocalypse to help him stay relevant and formidable. And as for Jubilee, well, she has been struggling to stay relevant after the 90's. No writer really wants to seem to use her or know what to do with her. A lot of that probably comes from the fact that being a teen from the 90's and having been so prevalent in the 90's cartoon she is STILL being seen as that type of character. But the problem is that type of character feels kind of out of place in modern stories. So she is in a desperate need of reinvention.

And Skin's powers don't just seem useless in a superhero setting, they ARE useless in a superhero setting. And that is a fine story for a while but in the long run that leads to them either finding some other way to be useful, get a power boost, die or fall into obscurity because they don't have a lot of fans and most writers don't know what to do with them in a superhero story. On top of that we've now had an army of characters with useless or just plain weird powers (Glob, Eye Boy, Beak, Angel Salvadore, Dummy, Ernst & Goldballs) so that's not even unique anymore.

And then we have the rest of these characters who, let's face it, don't really have that many fans at all. I mean who actually loves Lifeguard or Slipstream and wants to see them make a comeback? I bet there aren't a lot of those people. And like the article mentions Joseph was just an underdeveloped clone of Magneto so he was pretty doomed from the moment that idea was introduced. And Marrow also hasn't seen a lot of use after her initial appearances in the 90's so I get why she always makes these worst X-Men lists even though I personally love that character, especially the way she was written back then. Same goes for Nate Grey, who is also one of my personal favorites. He hasn't been very prominent or seen much use after the 90's ended either.

Only ones I really don't get being on this list are Broo, Callisto and Emma BUT I guess there could be some fans who hate them, at least with Emma I've recently (post IvX) seen a resurgence of fans claiming that they always preferred her as a villain and hated her as a hero.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 05-09-2017 at 02:27 AM.

Hope Summers deserves to be at the top of this list. No question about it. If they're going to call Jubilee a total brat, then they need to put Hope several steps beyond that. What she did before and after AvX should earn her a special category of brat from here and until the end of the Marvel multiverse.

And putting Cyclops at the top of the list is somewhat typical. Given how often he gets screwed over in favor of "cooler" characters like Wolverine, it's really not surprising that he gets shafted once more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Hope Summers deserves to be at the top of this list. No question about it. If they're going to call Jubilee a total brat, then they need to put Hope several steps beyond that. What she did before and after AvX should earn her a special category of brat from here and until the end of the Marvel multiverse.

And putting Cyclops at the top of the list is somewhat typical. Given how often he gets screwed over in favor of "cooler" characters like Wolverine, it's really not surprising that he gets shafted once more.
    i hate hope. such a worthless character. all that build up and she pretty much does nothing. also, she's a jerk

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I feel like this article has only seen Jubilee in the 90s cartoon. Jubilee isn't "stereotypical 90s teen with lame powers," she's "badass orphan who doesn't even need her powers to be awesome."

Doug is great, but I have to concede he was hated at the time he was most prominent.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

I wont click on that list, but i still remember everyone hating Marrow, Stacy X and Maggot.

Three of my fav X-Men.