Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Empire

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I'll pick DC back up. When Impulse, Tim Drake, Superboy, and Static are relevant again.
    DC doesn't own the rights to Static, afaik, and by the looks of it, we won't be seeing a Static comic for a long while, if ever.

Milestone Is Dead – Michael Davis, On The Edge
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    DC doesn't own the rights to Static, afaik, and by the looks of it, we won't be seeing a Static comic for a long while, if ever.

Milestone Is Dead – Michael Davis, On The Edge
    Even better news. Means I'll be spending less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Is Cloak known to fly? I ask because he's seen hovering, watching out over Dagger. I didn't know he could fly, but the shield around Earth is supposed to stop teleportation, so...
    He manipulates darkforce to become intangible, and often is portrayed hovering while doing so. I suspect this is just one of those loose power things. Logically he should find it difficult to do what he is pitcured doing, because he is most certainly not in darkness, but at the same time he is under a darkhold manipulated dome of darkforce so there is some handwaving possible.

The irony of Maria Hill trying to persuade Steve Rogers in CWI to round up super heroes, and Hydra Cap now rounding up super heroes while Maria is against that in SE, is very symmetrical. I see a direct relationship between CWI and SE.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    The irony of Maria Hill trying to persuade Steve Rogers in CWI to round up super heroes, and Hydra Cap now rounding up super heroes while Maria is against that in SE, is very symmetrical. I see a direct relationship between CWI and SE.
    huh? he didn't round them up. he exiled some to space and most of the rest to some kind of dark void. Maria just wanted them all to be answerable to the government.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I was defending this storyline and was accused of being Nick Spencer. Fun times.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's temporary. I've known it was almost certainly temporary from the get-go since I know how comics work. That part's irrelevant to me.

Part of my problem is that he stated that Hydra!Cap is the real, genuine Steve Rogers, with no tricks. As shit a decision as Hydra!Cap is, if Marvel had stuck to their guns on this even in the face of all the deserved criticism of that choice, I could at least grudgingly respect it from that angle. But they can't even do that, as issue #2 showed.
    Why not wait to see where the story is going? Also, it was clear from the beginning that HydraCap was a result of Cosmic Cube reality alteration, so yes, it "really is" Cap, but no, it likely isn't permanent.

Based on the August solicitations, I'm not going to like how this story ends. It seems that Sam and Steve are fighting to see who will take over the last remaining Captain America book, simply titled Captain America, because one is getting cancelled. No way Sam should win, BUT, the whole point of this is a Sam Wilson story. I was hoping Marvel would have Steve fight through whatever he was going through to come out on top and show how really is this great character we've been reading about all these years. But no, Sam wilson is going to lead the charge, based on the last issues covers, beat steve, inherit the mantle and the world will accept him as the one true captain america. What the the hell happens to steve now? what was the point of putting him through all of this so that Sam could rise? Absolutely ridiculous. Why does marvel insist on replacing every single one of their original characters. This is the worst example, you take the best of them, turn him into a monster, to support another newer character. Why couldn't there just be two Caps and Steve actually get a chance to overcome what he's going through himself? Because then Marvel would be all new and all different. But here's the thing, DC's universe is diverse, With new green lanterns, Bat family members, teen titans popping up everywhere. I love it. Because they add to the mythos, make it better, and DC doesn't use them to show how much better they are than the original characters. Marvel can't help but do that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RebirthgotmebackintoDC View Post
    Based on the August solicitations, I'm not going to like how this story ends. It seems that Sam and Steve are fighting to see who will take over the last remaining Captain America book, simply titled Captain America, because one is getting cancelled. No way Sam should win, BUT, the whole point of this is a Sam Wilson story. I was hoping Marvel would have Steve fight through whatever he was going through to come out on top and show how really is this great character we've been reading about all these years. But no, Sam wilson is going to lead the charge, based on the last issues covers, beat steve, inherit the mantle and the world will accept him as the one true captain america. What the the hell happens to steve now? what was the point of putting him through all of this so that Sam could rise? Absolutely ridiculous. Why does marvel insist on replacing every single one of their original characters. This is the worst example, you take the best of them, turn him into a monster, to support another newer character. Why couldn't there just be two Caps and Steve actually get a chance to overcome what he's going through himself? Because then Marvel would be all new and all different. But here's the thing, DC's universe is diverse, With new green lanterns, Bat family members, teen titans popping up everywhere. I love it. Because they add to the mythos, make it better, and DC doesn't use them to show how much better they are than the original characters. Marvel can't help but do that.
    I always said this was basically Spencer's way of promoting Sam over Steve, it's long it's drawn out and ultimately it's really just about destroying and humiliating Steve Rogers to prop up Sam and say "See Sam Wilson is better than Steve Rogers!". That's all Nick ever talked about in his interviews, he always turned them away from what this meant for Steve Rogers because Steve Rogers is really just a prop for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Storm View Post
    I always said this was basically Spencer's way of promoting Sam over Steve, it's long it's drawn out and ultimately it's really just about destroying and humiliating Steve Rogers to prop up Sam and say "See Sam Wilson is better than Steve Rogers!". That's all Nick ever talked about in his interviews, he always turned them away from what this meant for Steve Rogers because Steve Rogers is really just a prop for him.
    or maybe you're wrong.

Well, in Cap: Steve it seems my theory that Red Skull isn't actually dead may have been shot down. Of course there are always ways to bring back villains but it does seem like it isn't going to happen in this story.

Also, in the SE #3 preview, the second Steve seems to be in sort of limbo thingy. Sort of like "Unknown Destination", where people go just after being killed, till it gets sorted out if they go to heaven or hell. He can't seem to remember how he got to that forest, and there doesn't seem to be anything else, but forest. I'm trying to tie it to Secret Wars, and maybe a Captain America from a domain that's similar?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Also, in the SE #3 preview, the second Steve seems to be in sort of limbo thingy. Sort of like "Unknown Destination", where people go just after being killed, till it gets sorted out if they go to heaven or hell. He can't seem to remember how he got to that forest, and there doesn't seem to be anything else, but forest. I'm trying to tie it to Secret Wars, and maybe a Captain America from a domain that's similar?
    Are you perhaps thinking of purgatory?

Clearly happening in Steve's head

Extraordinary Member

So who is the lady? His mom? Like he's trying to remember who he is by "saving" his mom or something?