Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Empire

SE #10 will be in the August solicits.

I do wonder if it's existence means some stuff in earlier issues was changed.

That Hydra armor is actually a recoloured version of Civil Warrior from the Contest of Champions mobile game.

I'm intrigued as to why the logo is censored. What's so spoilery about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    given the Marvel event pattern it is going to be released the last week of December

But (bad) joke aside, it should be early September if the rotating artist strategy works (one issue every two weeks).

April : #0
    May : #1, #FCBD, #2, #3
    June : #4 #5
    July : #6 #7
    August : #8 #9
    September : #10
    Although, the solicit said #10 is scheduled to be released in August. Which given their rotating artist strategy, I believe they will actually finish this event in time for Marvel Legacy in September, so we don't have a repeat of Secret Wars and Civil War II finishing in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Excuse you. I have read it.
    and now I've read it. so what's your problem, again?

In the sense that Slott said pretty much the exact same things about SpOck that Spencer did about Hydra!Cap: that SpOck was permanent, yada yada, while apparently lying through his teeth about it. In essence, that the change(s) would be meaningful and lasting. I don't have a problem with the lying part in either case, but the refusal to commit to the ideas after bringing them up.
    nonsense. Slott told the truth. the changes were permanent. Otto permanently changed Peter's life. he's running a corporation is he not? Ana is still around, yes? and Otto has also been changed. neither one of us knows where Spencer is going with this story. so your comparison to Superior Spiderman is premature at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I've read the entirety of issue #2, via ComiXology. I'm not entirely sure things are as clear as they seem from that leak alone.

That spoiler image is part of a larger multipage sequence - which honestly felt more like a dream then reality:

spoilers:
    It starts with a blond haired girl (that I don't recognise) being chased by three snakemen in a moonlit forest. Yes, you read that correctly, snakemen. These aren't normal Hydra soldiers but half-man/half-snake creatures. I'm pretty sure that one of these creatures also had the face of Steve Rogers but it was a distance shot and it's hard to tell. Then a shadowy being emerged from the darkness to defeat the snakemen and save the girl. Only then does the shadow take form and reveal itself to be 'Steve Rogers' in WW2 GI gear.
    end of spoilers

My interpretation of this event is that we could be looking at some kind of metaphor for Steve Roger's psyche. That there's still only one Steve Rogers running around but now, somewhere inside his mind, there's the classic Captain America persona gaining strength. Of course, that's just speculation on my part. This sequence was deliberately designed to be misleading. Only future issues will clarify the key details.
    If it's a dream, then spoilers:
    The girl could be Sharon Carter.
    end of spoilers

Reading order question: which comes first, SE #2 or USAvengers #6?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    Reading order question: which comes first, SE #2 or USAvengers #6?
    U.S.Avengers #6 takes place at the same time as Secret Empire #0 and leads right into what happens in the FCBD story.

Ok, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    and now I've read it. so what's your problem, again?
    They aren't committing to having Hydra!Cap be the actual Cap despite saying so. That's a little irritating. Don't get me wrong, I don't like this event at all, but I'd respect it much more if they stuck with the concept like they said rather than having weak cop-outs (or even just the appearance of one).

nonsense. Slott told the truth. the changes were permanent. Otto permanently changed Peter's life.
    Oh come on, that's pretty weaselly. He was talking about SpOck being Spider-Man for good.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-18-2017 at 12:28 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Excuse you. I have read it.

In the sense that Slott said pretty much the exact same things about SpOck that Spencer did about Hydra!Cap: that SpOck was permanent, yada yada, while apparently lying through his teeth about it. In essence, that the change(s) would be meaningful and lasting. I don't have a problem with the lying part in either case, but the refusal to commit to the ideas after bringing them up.
    You should go listen to his Word Ballon podcast apperences, both the recent one about this event and the one literally a day or two after his Hail Hydra book caused the Internet to explode. You will hear a very different side of his perspective. At no point has he ever expressed that this is anything other than a temporary status quo for a comic book, but at the same time he finds those that just sit back and say "ah this is all temporary" highly cynical. He is trying to tell a story in much the same way comic book stories have always been told. All he wants is for people to take the story seriously and stop with the cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    You should go listen to his Word Ballon podcast apperences, both the recent one about this event and the one literally a day or two after his Hail Hydra book caused the Internet to explode. You will hear a very different side of his perspective. At no point has he ever expressed that this is anything other than a temporary status quo for a comic book, but at the same time he finds those that just sit back and say "ah this is all temporary" highly cynical. He is trying to tell a story in much the same way comic book stories have always been told. All he wants is for people to take the story seriously and stop with the cynicism.
    It doesn't matter if it's temporary. I've known it was almost certainly temporary from the get-go since I know how comics work. That part's irrelevant to me.

Part of my problem is that he stated that Hydra!Cap is the real, genuine Steve Rogers, with no tricks. As **** a decision as Hydra!Cap is, if Marvel had stuck to their guns on this even in the face of all the deserved criticism of that choice, I could at least grudgingly respect it from that angle. But they can't even do that, as issue #2 showed.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-18-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Bluebird

It doesn't matter if it's temporary. I've known it was almost certainly temporary from the get-go since I know how comics work. That part's irrelevant to me.

Part of my problem is that he stated that Hydra!Cap is the real, genuine Steve Rogers, with no tricks. As **** a decision as Hydra!Cap is, if Marvel had stuck to their guns on this even in the face of all the deserved criticism of that choice, I could at least grudgingly respect it from that angle. But they can't even do that, as issue #2 showed.
    I find myself imagining how things would've turned out if they dropped the Secret Empire #2 bombshell way earlier (i.e., last year).

All-New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new, so I hope it's ok to post this here. Is anyone else incredibly disappointed with the art in this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by arachnidbethlehem View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new, so I hope it's ok to post this here. Is anyone else incredibly disappointed with the art in this issue?
    No, Sorrentino is amazing.

Sorrentino is perfect for the darkforce segments of the book, imo. I would like to see someone like Olivier Copiel or Steve McNiven sometime during the event, though.

No, that isn't what is happening at all. That is no more the real Steve than the guy running the country.