Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Empire

I'm thinking that Madame Hydra is going to look something like this (when all is said and done)...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    #10 isn't the last issue! There's a Secret Empire Omega in the September solicits.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...eptember-2017/
    Cool.
    I've been loving this event, although if Bleeding Cool could get someone less biased than Rich Johnson to report on Secret Empire that would be great.
    Last edited by TitanMax; 06-16-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Amazing Member

double post

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    The one true Cap, at the moment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm thinking that Madame Hydra is going to look something like this (when all is said and done)...
    Chthon must have a tentacle fetish.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Cool.
    I've been loving this event, although if Bleeding Cool could get someone less biased than Rich Johnson to report on Secret Empire that would be great.
    What are you talking about?

it's just that we were already introduced to this idea of the Hydra Council being duplicitous through Madame Hydra. but all that Steve needed to do was show strength; to keep them in line. Faustus isn't brave enough to attempt a coup; at least on his own. he knows good and well what would happen if he were to fail. plus, i'm not seeing a motive for him aggravating the mutant community; unless Captain America directed him to do it. and Zola's just a malcontent; although more believable as a challenger to Steve's leadership.
    We still have'nt seen Viper and Gorgon come into play much.
    Hive is Hive.
    There's alliances to be formed..I think Gorgon can take on Cap if it was a 1 on 1 case.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't think that's a mole in the Underground's side, moreso just the Hydra Council being naturally back-stabby. Honestly I feel like their bickering and unable to work together is going to be one of the reasons the Empire falls, especially after United.
    You mean a mole in hydra high council?
    i beg to differ but we'll see how it pans out.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

You're talking about the one who literally changed his name to Steve Rogers?

[Spoiler]What if this was in fact Ultimate Captain America? And our Steve Roger's is somewhere else?[/spoiler]

Sorry, not sure exactly how to do the spoiler tags.

My theory is that this is the Ultimate Universe Captain America. As the uniform does seem to sort of resemble that more than the 616 Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarius View Post

spoilers:
    What if this was in fact Ultimate Captain America? And our Steve Roger's is somewhere else?
    end of spoilers

My theory is that this is the Ultimate Universe Captain America. As the uniform does seem to sort of resemble that more than the 616 Cap.
    write spoil instead of spoiler; all lower case

[Spoiler]What if this was in fact Ultimate Captain America? And our Steve Roger's is somewhere else?[/spoiler]

I don't think that's the case tbh..tho i feel it is in character for the UU cap to act this way
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

then why show us the flashbacks to Steve's altered history? that wasn't Ultimate Cap's history. the latter fought the Chitauri during WWII. Zemo and Sharon Carter weren't even in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    We still have'nt seen Viper and Gorgon come into play much.
    Hive is Hive.
    There's alliances to be formed..I think Gorgon can take on Cap if it was a 1 on 1 case.
    Gorgon's certainly a physical threat. but I don't know that anyone is pulling his strings or aligning with him; just yet. Viper's busy judging talent contests in the Champions book.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

then why show us the flashbacks to Steve's altered history? that wasn't Ultimate Cap's history. the latter fought the Chitauri during WWII. Zemo and Sharon Carter weren't even in the picture.
    Also it wouldn't make sense since hydra Steve Rogers is the same Steve Rogers who lost his super soldier serum and became an old man during Rick rememders captain america run who then got his super soldier serum enhanced strength and youth restored in nick spencer's avengers standoff story which then was continued in the captain america steve rogers series which revealed that when kobik restored all that Steve had lost that kobik also altered changed Steve's reality to where was always an agent of hydra.

I think a lot of people thinking that the ultimate Steve Rogers is the one whose the hydra agent and it isn't the original Steve Rogers that is a hydra agent and is hydra's new supreme leader who betrayed his friends and left his friends to die are readers who just can't accept that hydra captain america is the real Steve Rogers who had his memories and history altered and changed against his will to be a hydra to do all this terrible things, because that's basically what happened Steve was never intended to be a agent of hydra and the whole prologue in the zero issue of secret empire that basically made it seem like Steve Rogers was always meant to be a hydra agent and that hydra and the Nazis were supposed to win World War II but lost when the allies used the cosmic cube to save reality and change history when it's obvious that hydra and kobik are influencing how Steve views and sees what's real and what isn't what was meant to be and what wasn't.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 06-19-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Or what if the one we see is William Burnside (4th Captain America). If I recall, he did legally change his name to Steve Rogers. Not to mention, he did fight against the real Steve Rogers.

"Burnside became obsessed with Captain America and studied the heroes history obsessively. As an adult he graduated university in 1952, Summa Cum Laude with a PhD in American history, having written his thesis on Captain America. In early 1953, Burnside wished to read about the history of Captain America from the Nazi point of view and flew to Germany to research Nazi documents about his idol. Searching the documents he came across Major Albrecht Kerfoot's diary which contained a copy of the Super-Soldier Serum within it. Surprised by this revelation, Burnside returned to the United States with the formula"

"Feeling that the present-day United States had turned away from its core ideals and more honest basis as remembered during his own childhood, Rogers II went on a exploration of the United States. Ending up his original home town of Boise, Idaho, he reflected on the current political and economic distress of the United States. Deciding that the current government turned away from its duties and had failed its citizens, he decided it was best to overthrow the government and restart a new one that would reflect his outdated and over-conservative ideals."

"Barnes shot Rogers II when Rogers stated he would not stop in his plans to overthrow and reformat the "corrupt government". Rogers II fell into the water below the dam. While Barnes believed that he killed the 1950's Rogers, 1950's Rogers' body was not recovered"

"He was finally captured months later, officially declared deceased and buried in Arlington along with the other Captain Americas. He is undergoing intensive therapy to be reinserted into civilian life."

Marvel Wikia http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_...de)_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Valkarius; 06-20-2017 at 05:15 AM.

Or what if the one we see is William Burnside (4th Captain America). If I recall, he did legally change his name to Steve Rogers. Not to mention, he did fight against the real Steve Rogers.

"Burnside became obsessed with Captain America and studied the heroes history obsessively. As an adult he graduated university in 1952, Summa Cum Laude with a PhD in American history, having written his thesis on Captain America. In early 1953, Burnside wished to read about the history of Captain America from the Nazi point of view and flew to Germany to research Nazi documents about his idol. Searching the documents he came across Major Albrecht Kerfoot's diary which contained a copy of the Super-Soldier Serum within it. Surprised by this revelation, Burnside returned to the United States with the formula"

"Feeling that the present-day United States had turned away from its core ideals and more honest basis as remembered during his own childhood, Rogers II went on a exploration of the United States. Ending up his original home town of Boise, Idaho, he reflected on the current political and economic distress of the United States. Deciding that the current government turned away from its duties and had failed its citizens, he decided it was best to overthrow the government and restart a new one that would reflect his outdated and over-conservative ideals."

"Barnes shot Rogers II when Rogers stated he would not stop in his plans to overthrow and reformat the "corrupt government". Rogers II fell into the water below the dam. While Barnes believed that he killed the 1950's Rogers, 1950's Rogers' body was not recovered"

"He was finally captured months later, officially declared deceased and buried in Arlington along with the other Captain Americas. He is undergoing intensive therapy to be reinserted into civilian life."

Marvel Wikia http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_...de)_(Earth-616)
    He was an ultraconservative by 1953's standards? And he thought that the government had abandoned core American values? ... seriously, what did that guy believe in?

EDIT: Now I remember... the serum made him go mad and believe that he was the real Steve Rogers, didn't it? So SHIELD froze him, and he escaped during the seventies or the eighties....
    Last edited by Habis; 06-20-2017 at 07:51 AM.