Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

I'm not sure how that will happen with the current Hellboy movie kind of erasing the continuity of the last series of films, seems like it should be totally dead in the water, but I'd be open for them continuing Abe's adventures after the end of the world stuff going on in BPRD right now, then having him meet Nuala in the post-apoc "New World".

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    I'm not sure how that will happen with the current Hellboy movie kind of erasing the continuity of the last series of films, seems like it should be totally dead in the water, but I'd be open for them continuing Abe's adventures after the end of the world stuff going on in BPRD right now, then having him meet Nuala in the post-apoc "New World".
    I guess you can reintroduce them in an Abe-centric spinoff. Because the comics tend to play around with time you could have it be a past adventure.

That's definitely a possibility, not sure where it would fit, but it wouldn't end well in any case with the fairy folk slowly going "under the world".

I was just thinking that Abe doesn't really have much stake in the new world if he's supposed to be the ambassador of sorts between the new and old forms of man, whether it be frog people or what; plus giving him a love interest in the "new world" shows he has totally cast off his former life and is ready to move forward. Nuala might fit, like she stays behind from her people, becomes mortal, to stay with Abe.

Amazing Member

I found Nuada especially to be a bore. Nuala was right behind him there.

I guess I could see them doing a BPRD spinoff set in the states with Abe and Liz. They might have to replace Ben with someone else tho (maybe ted howards?) and I'm not sure how they are gonna do Roger (are they gonna make the first film about him or are they gonna just skip it?)

EDIT- Rewatching Hellboy(2004) the first Perlman/Del Toro film. Harbour's statement of his Hellboy being more like a teenager also fits Perlman's take on the character. It actually is acknowldged in the film itself with Agent Clay's line- "He's in his 60s but acts like he's in his early 20s- it's like reverse dog years or something' (I paraphrased).
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-10-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: second thoughts.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess I could see them doing a BPRD spinoff set in the states with Abe and Liz. They might have to replace Ben with someone else tho (maybe ted howards?) and I'm not sure how they are gonna do Roger (are they gonna make the first film about him or are they gonna just skip it?)

EDIT- Rewatching Hellboy(2004) the first Perlman/Del Toro film. Harbour's statement of his Hellboy being more like a teenager also fits Perlman's take on the character. It actually is acknowldged in the film itself with Agent Clay's line- "He's in his 60s but acts like he's in his early 20s- it's like reverse dog years or something' (I paraphrased).
    Unless Hellboy quits after this to go on the rest of his Arthurian adventure. Ben could get sent to the states to take over the field team there. That could be a set up for a split universe, bring in Roger, Johann and Ted. OR they could have Hellboy find Roger and juice him, bringing him to life and hang out together.

That split team idea is a good way to go, kind of happens that way in the comics. Bring on Agent Kraus!

This featurette has made me feel a lot more happier about the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIJ1baqqROw

Assuming this is one of the official film websites, waiting on access or content tho

https://www.bprd.global/
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

Yes that BPRD website went live on Hellboy day.

Almost April 12th . . .

Can't wait, I saw an ad for Hellboy in IMAX, I might pull the trigger and get into one of those showings.

This might be stupid but I feel like if they ever do a Hellboy cinematic universe, I think they should annex the Dark Universe Universal's trying to do.

Granted most of those are public domain and some of them have been touched upon in Hellboy comics before.

I am kind of bummed my local theater - which has a great 3D IMAX setup - is only showing Hellboy in 2D. I looked online at the advance screenings (2 for the night of April 11th), and only 1 advance ticket had been sold (well, 2, because I bought one). I've looked at the other movies released in April and it looks like they are banking on Shazam! in IMAX over Hellboy.

Am I the only one a little concerned that the review embargo lifts Thursday at 3:00PM? It doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be bad as there are a lot of situations where a review embargo may be placed. Avengers Endgame isn't going to be lifted until a few days before, but that's because the filmmakers don't want to run the risk of things getting out early. But usually it's because the studio doesn't have any confidence and they don't want word of mouth to hurt the initial push.