Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

You're right. Duh.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    The main appeal(for me) of Hellboy comics is Mignola’s gothic and atmospheric artwork. Victorian mansions, crypts, tombs, ancient ruins, misty black forests etc. but it looks like most of this movie will take place in a grey generic urban setting
    Yeah, that's what I love about the comics too. I did love then though with the sword.

Maybe the next trailer will be better.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    -Baba Yaga's Chicken Leg House, https://youtu.be/dt5g5_1cKVk?t=101 Baba Yaga is one of Hellboy's greatest villains and no, she doesn't look like Keanu Reeves
    I would be much more excited for this movie if it was Keanu
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Now I'm imagining Keanu's head on mignola's baba yaga's body.

Some words from Mike here - https://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/12/...comics-to-life

I like the details they are adding from the comics - Baba Yaga, the Mexico story, etc.

It's just things like the structure of the BPRD, Broom doesn't have the Broom feel, Alice is so changed, etc.

And Mo in the Codswallop is not even funny.
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

I wish we could have gotten a third movie from Pearlman and company, rather than a reboot. Oh well!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

They spent so much time hyping it up as a horror take that I was thrown off by the comedic tone. But after a rewatch I liked the trailer and I'm interested in seeing how it goes. Ian McShane's take on Professor Bruttenholm is probably what interests me the most right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I wish we could have gotten a third movie from Pearlman and company, rather than a reboot. Oh well!
    I'm actually glad we didn't. It had just become Del Toro's Hellboy by the second film. Gorgeous as it was, it was only Hellboy in name at that point. His ideas for the third film took it even farther away from the source material.

^ Fidelity to the source material doesn't really gave a bearing on quality. Some of the best adaptations just use the source material as a jumping off point to be something else.

They're really going all in with the hair on this version. Check out his back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Oh the music is totally awful. Again, they pitch one thing, then sell another totally different thing. I know directors don't often have control over trailers, but this isn't good.

Hellboy's always had humor, but it's a drier humor. This doesn't feel tonally like what I want out of a Hellboy movie. I hope this isn't indicative of the actual movie.
    exactly... in the comics it was more like Alfred Molina delivering a bad pun dryly as Otto Octavius... this feels more like Jim Carrey trying to out-Gorshin Frank Gorshin as the Riddler.

it seems like they used too many facial prosthetics for Hellboy... and that they're hanging too loosely on his face. the long hair is also extremely distracting and doesn't look like the character I remember from the comics. his hair looks so bad I thought I was watching a music video by Cinderella. can't say I'm a fan of the Billy Idol version of "Mony Mony" getting used here.

and the horn stumps feel like they're too short and wide... and too close together.... I dunno, it almost feels more like watching the Crypt Keeper cosplaying as Hellboy.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruagach View Post
    Now I'm imagining Keanu's head on mignola's baba yaga's body.
    Keanu would be a great Koshchei actually.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Huh, the green band trailer is actually a bit better. Those few shots of swearing and blood are replaced by different shots and... the end result flows a bit better. It gives a much better sense of the Lucha Libre scene.

It might have been cooler if they did a prequel/period piece instead. Hellboy in the 1950s/60s would be an interesting change of pace.

Granted period pieces aren't cheap and Hellboy might not be big enough film property to sell it to producers.

It would be cool if Ron Pearlman came back as Azazel, Hellboy's Birth Father.