Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Trailer on Thursday, apparently.
    Finally! Please let this be good!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Trailer on Thursday, apparently.
    Is it Thursday yet?...Drats, no, only Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Is it Thursday yet?...Drats, no, only Tuesday!
    I've got to remind myself it's not really Thursday for me, but Friday. The dateline makes me get my hopes up 24 hours too early...

The teaser trailer is up today. This is hilarious, it's exactly what all us Hellboy fans are thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEYPU68vriY

I don't know if I dig the look. I really don't like the long hair.

Amazing Member

Can someone please articulate to me why everyone attached to the idea of a Hellboy movie thinks it's necessary to make the BPRD a clandestine secret organization rather than the public-facing one it seems to be in the comics? That really cheeses me off.

Is that the case with this movie?

EDIT: Well, the trailer is out. I don't know... for R-Rater and darker, that was 90% comedy. I'll reserve judgement, but I'm not really feeling it after that trailer.

Last edited by Joker; 12-19-2018 at 12:43 PM.

I feel like I like what I’m seeing, but the song really throws the tone of the thing. I’d rather hear something scored, that could have given a darker feel to the bigger moments.

Oh the music is totally awful. Again, they pitch one thing, then sell another totally different thing. I know directors don't often have control over trailers, but this isn't good.

Hellboy's always had humor, but it's a drier humor. This doesn't feel tonally like what I want out of a Hellboy movie. I hope this isn't indicative of the actual movie.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It's only a trailer but am I the only one who thought that looked really ropey? The Del Toro films may not have been entirely faithful to the comics but they, especially the second one, at least had their own style and own identiy. This just looked kinda... naff.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The Claw of Justice!

Yeah... that don't look good. I'm worried.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

It's a bad trailer.

The movie is supposed to be darker, scarier... those are the qualities they should have gone for in this because what it seems they're going for is reminding people of the tone of the GDT films, but much cheaper and more plain looking (GDT really knows how to make everything look more expensive than it is). Instead of selling a new take, it looks like a made for TV version of what we've already seen. Even the Hellboy makeup looks less impressive in motion...

But, hopefully it's just a bad advertisement and not indicative of the final product. Lot of cool people working on the film, after all.

To be fair, this is a pretty bad trailer and the marketing could be completely misrepresenting the product, but the vibe I'm getting so far is a blander, somewhat more violent version of the GDT films. I didn't think the GDT films bore any resemblance to the comics in basically any way, but they at least had Del Toro's really beautiful and distinctive style behind them. If this doesn't even have that, and still doesn't nail the source material, it just feels redundant.

At this point I've come to terms with the facts that the adaptations, even the good ones, will never nail the melancholy, grim, quiet atmosphere that comprises so much of what makes the books great. And will probably never stop trying to cram Hellboy into an MIB/X-Men style ensamble package. There's something that happens during execution that just always pushes things in the same direction.

Woah... Didn't liked it at all... I seriously hope that trailer is not how the actual film looks... The jokes are really not working, it's Men in Black with Hellboy in it.

Also, why are they still doing a BPRD movie? I was hoping for a stand-alone spooky Hellboy movie this time...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ckmoak View Post
    Can someone please articulate to me why everyone attached to the idea of a Hellboy movie thinks it's necessary to make the BPRD a clandestine secret organization rather than the public-facing one it seems to be in the comics? That really cheeses me off.
    And if it is a secret organization, why does it have a logo and why is the logo all over the place?
    Sounds perfect.