Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

https://www.cbr.com/hellboy-movie-better-as-tv-show/

I don't really agree but i thought it was interesting.

I believe someone else brought this up here, but I think I agree, it can come off much better in small self contained chunks of story; like the fables and fairy tales HB often finds himself immersed in.

I also believe that Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. would be better as a TV Series. Some episodes could focus on Hellboy alone, or members of the BPRD without Hellboy, etc. They also have the freedom to tell a one-episode story, or tell a larger one in 2-3 episodes, with a bigger threat spreading one or more seasons. I can imagine how a big fight could be seeded at the beginning of a season to be the ending episode of a later season, that would be awesome.

I gotta say, i thought the movie was really terrible.

I think they would have been better off to do a "creature of the week" style movie (a la X Files) with hints of the ongoing 'Beast of the Apocalypse' plotline in the background, but instead they bit off WAY more than they could chew... and then fumbled it.

One of the things i HATED about the GdT movies was the weird deviation from the characters in the books (Abe has psychic powers? HB and Liz are a thing, wha?) and was really hoping they would avoid that **** with this new movie but alas, nope, Alice has Johann's powers somehow and Daimio and HB are somehow side by side, which never occurs in the books. Professor Bruttenholm's character is virtually unrecognizable compared to his personality in the books.

on top of all that, the biggest disappointment to me was how they portrayed Daimio's Jaguar-Demon as a pretty much standard Jaguar, rather than the huge red terrifying thing we all know from the books. They even stole the whole angry-Banner-turns-into-Hulk thing... which is really stupid. Major ball-droppage there.

such a shame.

I wish I knew why Box Office Mojo have not released the numbers for the movie outside America.

I think they have the numbers, but for some reason they don't have an international total figured.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...ellboy2019.htm

Peculiarer and peculiarer.

They probably said its not worth our time to even add these up its a bomb let it die.

I'm definitely getting the steelbook edition from Best Buy this July. That cover is perfection.

3d-rgb-hellboysteelbkccrdbb-1174584.jpg

The Claw of Justice!

That steelbook cover is easily my favorite part of this film.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Definitely gonna to try to nab that steelbook! It's fun to notice all the slight deviations Mike makes with his usual design to make it look a bit more like David Harbour's Hellboy.

Downloaded the digital version this morning, gave it a spin. It's still fun, doesn't seem to take itself too seriously, and I dig the gore.

Amazing Member

Oof...I also watched it today and I couldn't have been more disappointed in every aspect of it. I was anticipating it not being my kind of thing but it managed to be worse than my imagination. Not a single character in the entire thing bore any resemblance to their comic counterpart, in personality or in actions. LoJo looked perfect but talked like he was a sitcom character rattling off quips.

What a terrible mess.

Yeah, I don't think I'm ever going to watch this. What a shame.

The Del Toro movies were widely off the mark as far as a source material is concerned, but they were at least interesting in their own right. This just sounds awful.

Spectacular Member

Kind of saw this coming as soon as Mila Jovovich was cast, judgment of acting skills aside, she certainly doesn't show up in many good films.