Results 1 to 15 of 357

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member Skinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    205

    Default Hellboy Movie Reboot

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...arbour-1001462

    Did not see this coming. But quite excited.

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    264

    Default

    I just saw this. Mike confirmed it on facebook and on twitter. It is real. He also said it would be R-rated. I am kinda psyched about this.

    Understatement. I am very, very happy. Neil Marshall is excellent.

    I'd recommend both Descent films and Dog Soldiers, all of which could come straight out of the Mignolaverse, and all of which have a dark streak a mile wide.

    Here's hoping it does well.
    Last edited by zerodemon; 05-08-2017 at 06:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Angilasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Like the actor. He isn't as perfect for the role as Perlman was, but he's a good choice. Unfortunately, while I know this director has many fans I have never cared for Marshall's work.

    I'd much rather have Hellboy 3.

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member Skinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    205

    Default

    I'm just hoping this time around they make Hellboy the worlds greatest paranormal investigator. Never truly got that feeling from him in the others films

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Like the actor. He isn't as perfect for the role as Perlman was, but he's a good choice. Unfortunately, while I know this director has many fans I have never cared for Marshall's work.

    I'd much rather have Hellboy 3.
    I that Harbour will be a better fit. Hellboy is weary, with shoulders slumped. I never got that from the previous films. In those Hellboy felt like a caricature rather than a real person just doing his job.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    I'm just hoping this time around they make Hellboy the worlds greatest paranormal investigator. Never truly got that feeling from him in the others films
    I like that Hellboy isn't the world's greatest paranormal investigator (that's a title more suited to Sir Edward Grey or Professor Bruttenholm), but rather the most famous. In the comics that title was something a magazine came up with. I enjoy how it says something about Hellboy is seen by the public though. He's been around for over 50 years and he's just accepted. He's casually unusual.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Angilasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I that Harbour will be a better fit. Hellboy is weary, with shoulders slumped. I never got that from the previous films. In those Hellboy felt like a caricature rather than a real person just doing his job.
    Yeah, I can see Harbor capturing the weariness of the comic HB better, but to me Perlman brought his version of the character so vividly to life I didn't care that it was a bit different. I've said it before, but I see the difference between the comic and movie interpretations of HB as something like Disney's animated Donald Duck and Carl Barks' comic book Donald Duck: both distinct achievements in their own right.

    Personally, I was just so invested in seeing the movie version of Hellboy wrapped up satisfactorily in the same way Mike was able to bring his comic to an end, and this reboot just seems like rubbing it in. Total bummer.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Yeah, I can see Harbor capturing the weariness of the comic HB better, but to me Perlman brought his version of the character so vividly to life I didn't care that it was a bit different. I've said it before, but I see the difference between the comic and movie interpretations of HB as something like Disney's animated Donald Duck and Carl Barks' comic book Donald Duck: both distinct achievements in their own right.
    Yeah, Perlman's take was different, but it was also iconic. This new film is going to have a hard time deconstructing audience's expectations during marketing.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post

    I'd much rather have Hellboy 3.
    Yeah - me too.
    Would much rather have Hellboy 3 or at the very least keep Ron Perlman

  9. #9
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading Daredevil
    Posts
    15,560

    Default

    I have been waiting for another Hellboy movie for a long time. It's about time!
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

    “Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

    “I am a citizen of the universe. And a gentleman to boot.”--The Doctor

  10. #10
    Kirlian
    Guest

    Default

    Amazing news to me too. Didn't like what GDT did at all, only good thing was Ron and John Hurt. I really like the choice they made for the new Hellboy, great cast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •