Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hellboy Movie Reboot

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...arbour-1001462

Did not see this coming. But quite excited.

Fantastic Member

I just saw this. Mike confirmed it on facebook and on twitter. It is real. He also said it would be R-rated. I am kinda psyched about this.

Understatement. I am very, very happy. Neil Marshall is excellent.

I'd recommend both Descent films and Dog Soldiers, all of which could come straight out of the Mignolaverse, and all of which have a dark streak a mile wide.

Here's hoping it does well.
    Last edited by zerodemon; 05-08-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Like the actor. He isn't as perfect for the role as Perlman was, but he's a good choice. Unfortunately, while I know this director has many fans I have never cared for Marshall's work.

I'd much rather have Hellboy 3.

I'm just hoping this time around they make Hellboy the worlds greatest paranormal investigator. Never truly got that feeling from him in the others films

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Like the actor. He isn't as perfect for the role as Perlman was, but he's a good choice. Unfortunately, while I know this director has many fans I have never cared for Marshall's work.

I that Harbour will be a better fit. Hellboy is weary, with shoulders slumped. I never got that from the previous films. In those Hellboy felt like a caricature rather than a real person just doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    I'm just hoping this time around they make Hellboy the worlds greatest paranormal investigator. Never truly got that feeling from him in the others films
    I like that Hellboy isn't the world's greatest paranormal investigator (that's a title more suited to Sir Edward Grey or Professor Bruttenholm), but rather the most famous. In the comics that title was something a magazine came up with. I enjoy how it says something about Hellboy is seen by the public though. He's been around for over 50 years and he's just accepted. He's casually unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I that Harbour will be a better fit. Hellboy is weary, with shoulders slumped. I never got that from the previous films. In those Hellboy felt like a caricature rather than a real person just doing his job.
    Yeah, I can see Harbor capturing the weariness of the comic HB better, but to me Perlman brought his version of the character so vividly to life I didn't care that it was a bit different. I've said it before, but I see the difference between the comic and movie interpretations of HB as something like Disney's animated Donald Duck and Carl Barks' comic book Donald Duck: both distinct achievements in their own right.

Personally, I was just so invested in seeing the movie version of Hellboy wrapped up satisfactorily in the same way Mike was able to bring his comic to an end, and this reboot just seems like rubbing it in. Total bummer.

Yeah, I can see Harbor capturing the weariness of the comic HB better, but to me Perlman brought his version of the character so vividly to life I didn't care that it was a bit different. I've said it before, but I see the difference between the comic and movie interpretations of HB as something like Disney's animated Donald Duck and Carl Barks' comic book Donald Duck: both distinct achievements in their own right.
    Yeah, Perlman's take was different, but it was also iconic. This new film is going to have a hard time deconstructing audience's expectations during marketing.

Yeah - me too.
    Would much rather have Hellboy 3 or at the very least keep Ron Perlman

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I have been waiting for another Hellboy movie for a long time. It's about time!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Kirlian

Amazing news to me too. Didn't like what GDT did at all, only good thing was Ron and John Hurt. I really like the choice they made for the new Hellboy, great cast.