Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt66 View Post
    yeah its dropping like a rock now. Its only hope is foreign box office at this point its dead in the states.
    Maybe it will do some decent business for Easter weekend?

Just saw it. I wasn't expecting much, but damn. I don't think there was a single aspect I liked. Even visually it was just so hard to look at. Very ugly aesthetic. It felt just so completely opposite of everything that's special and great about the comics, the pretty visuals and quiet folktale vibe were nowhere to be found.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Just saw it and they made a huge blunder by not just making a Hellboy 3 movie with Ron. Really disappointing.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I doubt at this rate that they will even make their money back. Kind of sad, but whatever I dug it .

Amazing Member

down to fourth place, Dumbo leapfrogged Hellboy on Tuesday.

I just finished reading The Art of the Movie book, and some of the concept art is well worth seeing. Apparently there were some deleted characters (Elves and Hounds of Hell) and/or scenes, so maybe to recoup money we'll see a "director's cut" on home video.

I saw it and liked it. It had some fun moments and the cast had good chemistry with each other. However, I'm not sure the Wild Hunt was the right story to start out with as you felt like you were in the middle of an ongoing narrative you already should know about versus a story you could jump into.

The whole theme of Hellboy questioning whether or not they should be fighting monsters or if it actually solves anything was a good idea but not executed well. The second film did this theme better even if it had some flaws in its execution.

I wonder if it does any better at those movie theaters that renamed it on their movie marquees?

There's nothing like a little grass-roots rebranding.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder if it does any better at those movie theaters that renamed it on their movie marquees?

Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

I'm not even sure if Heckboy was playing at the theater I watched Avengers at.

I did get the art book for the movie as well, lots of cool monster concepts, I really liked the demon concepts they went with. Very non-traditional and scary. It also mentions at least one cut scene maybe we will get that with the blu-ray.

Amazing Member

Only two theatres in the Boston area still playing it. This did not go well for anyone, really.

Quote Originally Posted by ckmoak View Post
    Only two theatres in the Boston area still playing it. This did not go well for anyone, really.
    It still seems to be showing at a fair number of theaters here in the Houston area. The problem is that I'm not feeling enough love to spend my time and money on it; based on the comments that I've read here. I'm seriously thinking of waiting until it's at the dollar theaters or available to stream.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Oh well, at least the blu-ray should drop sooner than later. Hope they load it up with extras.

Amazing Member

I pre-ordered the Zavvi steelbook, out of some kind of solidarity. I suppose adding it to the 2500+ blu-ray library is better than not contributing at all.

I'm holding off to see what art they put on it.