Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Didn't expect that. I'm sure he will make a good daimio.

Spectacular Member

Even ignoring skin color of Daimio, Kim is a better actor than Skrein

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I've always loved Kim, he's a fantastic actor.

Kim is great... he is Korean American, though. Not Japanese (I mean, we're now geographically close). Still, I can certainly see him doing the character justice.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Now, can they resist making Liz a teenage Goth who's always on her phone, tweeting away? "Just make her, you know, Negasonic Teenage Warhead with long hair and fire."
    Sounds perfect.

Daimio is a Japanese-American in the source material so lets cast a WHITE GUY, oops our bad, lets cast KOREAN Daniel Dae Kim instead 'cause all asians are the same right? Right?

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Kim is great... he is Korean American, though. Not Japanese (I mean, we're now geographically close). Still, I can certainly see him doing the character justice.
    Absolutely. Like if Mr Kim on his I-pod would steer away from any 'Gonguri' & 'Fecundation' in favor of 'Gotsu Totsu Kotsu', 'Corrupted', or just the phenomenal 'Toe', he'll be golden!
    Perhaps for good measure learn a few decent Japanese swearwords if he wouldn't know those already and he'll make for one excellent deceased were-jaguar for sure.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 09-12-2017 at 07:53 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

At least he looks the part. (Not all Asians... he actually looks right for the character.) It's a little troubling they couldn't find an actual Japanese actor, but at least he's not a white guy.

It's also nice, since Kim left a TV show because they wouldn't pay him as much as his white co-stars. So...

Amazing Member

Well hello

Spectacular Member

Solid design overall but i'd prefer they go with the top knot style for his hair like in the comic.

Looks good. Didn't try to reinvent the wheel, which is good. He's just a bit scragglier than Perlman Hellboy.

Note that GDT gave The Right Hand of Doom a rough, rocky texture, whereas here they've given it the look of polished stone.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Looks good. Didn't try to reinvent the wheel, which is good. He's just a bit scragglier than Perlman Hellboy.

Note that GDT gave The Right Hand of Doom a rough, rocky texture, whereas here they've given it the look of polished stone.
    The difference to the hand is what I first noticed, and I think it was definitely a conscious choice as there aren't really too many other changes you can really make to the character if you want to differentiate it from the previous films. With a character like Spider-Man it's easy to visually say, "See, this is an all new take!" because there are many ways to move around the various design elements to make your look unique while still being esily identifiable as Spider-Man...but with the simplistic look of Mignola's Hellboy which is a big red demon in a trench coat your options are pretty limited.

What's weird to me is that they've chosen to keep elements from the Del Toro films that weren't in the comics. Like the cross on his left wrist.

It seems like they're trying to go more extreme with the look of the character, when I kinda would have liked to see the makeup more stripped down. He doesn't have to be super buff. He's just a guy who can take a good beating. Throw a shirt on Harbour and put a bit of makeup on his brow and jaw and I think he would have looked great.

All in all looks pretty good. Really hope they get his hair in a bun though.

All-New Member

Allen Leech has joined the cast, In a major role. He will be announced officially around Thursday. All I will say is the nationality of the actor and character correlate. Even if they don't look exactly alike

MV5BMjI2NTIzOTQ2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc0ODI2OA@@._V1_.jpg