Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
... but, I must say the fact he was cast in the first place still raises a lot of red flags about the people calling the shots of this movie.
Well, what I feel to be seeing isn't flags but developments more rather.
Like I'd agree with you I'm basically just gonna have to wait and see - all the way until the movie becomes fully made and realised - with hoping for the best in the meantime, but I believe some favorable circumstances have already been putting themselves to the forefront most recently:

1) this movie sounds to have been pitched as based on an existing workable script containing Mike Mignola's distinct involvement. Not a story getting sold off to a studio but a script as certifying Mike Mignola's involvement come what may;

2) the comics are at this time near fully completed, so whatever room or opportunity the earlier movies may have been seeing to alter certain things isn't a thing any longer.

Meaning the people calling the shots can form their adaptation how they wish, but the source material is fixed plus the script which translates the adaptation (its tone and storytelling mechanics) is distinctly going to be seeing Mike Mignola's involvement;

3) Mr. Ed Skreins' declining the Daimio part for the sake of honouring appropriateness is now a known and helpful factor towards keeping with the source matter moreso than not (even if most of the online reactions aren't necessarily by people knowledgeable about who or what Daimio actually is).

And since the movie people both as Lionsgate have actually stated they're glad with how Ed Skrein handled all this, I think I should feel only the less worried now, instead of more worried.