Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

You know... I've got this idea about how to make really low budget Hellboy movies: make small scale horror films heavy on atmosphere that appeared to be just that; normal horror films, and then a third of the way or maybe a half of the way through the story the main character, an everyday person who has become ensnared by some sort supernatural happening, tries to get help and their communications are intercepted by the BPRD and soon after Hellboy shows up. The previous main character now becomes an assistant, a Dr. Watson type to Hellboy, and they face whatever the threat is.

That's the basic format of a lot of my favorite Hellboy short stories, but my idea is kind of predicated on the impossibility of keeping the fact that these are Hellboy movies a secret and one would simply go to the theater expecting a horror movie only to be surprised by the presence of Hellboy! Pretty much impossible in today's media landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be cool if Ron Pearlman came back as Azazel, Hellboy's Birth Father.
    That's a really cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    That's a really cool idea.
    You could even get the actress who played Liz to come back as his mom Sarah Hughes but that could be too cute.

Yes and I think Ron might want to distance himself from these movies out of respect for Guillermo's universe and take on the material.

New movie article talking about the link to the comics - https://nerdist.com/article/hellboy-...omics-history/

Their info about HB's parentage is incorrect though -

"Hellboy and she are summoned to speak with none other than the witch Morgan Le Fey from Arthurian legend. She, though being Arthur's half-sister, had seduced the king and gave birth to a son named Mordred, who should have been the rightful ruler. However, Mordred had a daughter, who had a daughter, who had a daughter, and so on, and eventually one of these daughters was sent to hell where she became the lover of Satan himself and gave birth to the being who is now known as Hellboy. So Hellboy is the last heir of King Arthur and is the only one who can stop the Queen of Blood."
    (My bold)

He isn't the son of Satan, he's the son of Azzael and the witch Sarah Hughes. I've commentated that correction on the page.
    Last edited by timbolton; 02-10-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

I'm curious what their take on Abe and Liz is gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious what their take on Abe and Liz is gonna be.
    Well so far the take is rumored to be “not appearing in this movie”. Though they may surprise us with a cameo or something

I'm curious about their take on Lobster Johnson .

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Well so far the take is rumored to be “not appearing in this movie”. Though they may surprise us with a cameo or something
    I meant down the road. Eventually they are going to do adapt them even if they are gonna focus on other characters like Roger first.

It be better if the trio spent time apart before being reintroduced.

I'm not sure they have any plans of tackling those characters anytime soon, they are kind of picking up story beats later in the Hellboy mythos, it makes me think Hellboy may actually die and go to hell at the end, teasing a possible "Hellboy in Hell" sequel.

With that said maybe they could bring them in then, kind of show the BPRD recruiting more "special talents" to deal with the hole Hellboy leaves in the organization, cutting back and forth from what is happening on Earth to what Hellboy is up to in the underworld....

But I think I'm getting way too far ahead, will have to see what the movie entails first.

Amazing Member

not sure where I read it but there's supposed to be a post credit scene or something where they find Abe's container in Russia? Personally I agree with letting Abe and Liz rest a bit in this series. Really want to see Roger.

I hope he's more than an Easter egg if they do bring him back; such a tease from HB2.

I hope they do the Langdon Caul stuff with Abe and he should get his own spinoff. Liz too but IDK what it would be about.

An Abe Sapien spin-off would be beyond cool, same with a Lobster Johnson movie.

The Claw of Justice!

Apparently a new trailer is going to be out very soon.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram