Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I really like Perlman as Hellboy, but he ain't getting any younger. I can see Harbour being really great in the role actually. He's got pretty much the perfect "style" as an actor - very low-key/cynical/sardonic - for Hellboy. I hope the R rating doesn't indicate a move in the "grimdark" direction though. As much as there's a lot of horror and death in Hellboy, there's an underlying humor that is critical to the title afaic.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    With that title, Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen, I can't be the only one thinking it refers to Nimue, right?

Or is it just a coincidence that David Harbour linked an image from The Wild Hunt shortly after the announcement?
    This has major potential. That whole trilogy of books is epic.

Had no interest in where Del Toro was taking his story, personally. The Golden Army was Hellboy in name only.

Personally, I'm very excited for a film closer to the comics.

I'm also sad to see so many people telling Mike off over this. Hellboy is his and he can do whatever he wants with it.

I think this is great news. It's been a long time since Hellboy II and #3 was never going to happen, so now we have something! I like the casting of David Harbour as Hellboy very much. I'm curious which other characters from the B.P.R.D. might be in the movie.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Had no interest in where Del Toro was taking his story, personally. The Golden Army was Hellboy in name only.

Personally, I'm very excited for a film closer to the comics.

I'm also sad to see so many people telling Mike off over this. Hellboy is his and he can do whatever he wants with it.
    I agree about people giving Mike a hard time. Man, people need to have faith. Mike created this world, let him take it where he wants. Trust in him. I would personally love a hellboy movie with more of a gothic horror feel to it.

This whole thing reminds me of Star Wars. People were angry about the prequels (rightfully so), and many would probably had been happy if the studio just let silt settle on the star wars universe. However, if that were the case, we wouldn't have had Rogue One, which kicked ass.

I personally am all in for whatever this brings.
    Last edited by xxmarkabyx; 05-09-2017 at 11:09 AM.

The Claw of Justice!

This is interesting (and unexpected) news. I wonder if the BPRD and other Mignolaverse characters will be in this.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I have been waiting for another Hellboy movie for a long time. It's about time!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Kirlian

Amazing news to me too. Didn't like what GDT did at all, only good thing was Ron and John Hurt. I really like the choice they made for the new Hellboy, great cast.

I agree. I really liked the previous 2 movies, but more as their own thing. A lot of what I really like about Hellboy was missing. It was kind of as if Del Toro took all the elements of Hellboy and used them to make a Del Toro movie rather than taking all of the element of a Del Toro movie and make a movie in the spirit of Mignola's world. It would appear that this reboot is going to be closer, which is never a bad thing, IMO.

What I been reading so far is heartbreaking (in socials). I would like if people would not attack creators and make them as some kind of bad guys for deciding to move on or talking offers if they feel like it.
    Last edited by Alise; 05-13-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    What I been ready so far is heartbreaking (in socials). I would like if people would not attack creators and make them as some kind of bad guys for deciding to move on or talking offers if they feel like it.
    Yeah, some people have been incredibly rude.

Like Jeffrey Tambor.

Tambor is too old to give a flip.

Personally, I can be disappointed by this news while not hating on Mike. From his point of view this reboot makes total sense; HB is his bread and butter, and having the character set out to new pastures is more promising than getting the end of something. The decision is perfectly logical, it's just not what I wanted as a fan.

I personally understand being disappointment and I have myself been disappointed many times by many things. I just don't go out of my way to be rude. This is my personal theory, but maybe why Toro and Ron made last attempt in socials to show support over HB3 was due to the fact that there was offers to Mike to do new Hellboy movie. Toro wanted to make 200million budget Hellboy movie, I don't think Universal or any studio would agree on it, especially that HB2 earned only 160million at box office.

^ I think what happened last Fall was some company did express a nibble of interest in HB III, which precipitated GDT and Ron's little social media campaign (though Ron had actually been campaigning for about a year, even teasing the storyline) which was then shot down by Mignola, who, as we now know, was hard at work on this new project. The reason I think this was the case and that there was at that point a clearer shot at getting it made was because of the abrupt change in GDT's feelings on the movie's likelihood at that time.

As for who it was expessing interest: my theory was Netflix, who GDT has a relationship with and who produced a Crouching Tiger sequel 16 years after the fact. They're interested in making big franchise flicks of their own.

--- edit ---

This is all theory/conjecture/possible BS of course, but so much of this situation required reading between the lines it kinda inflamed the inner gossip monger!
    Last edited by Angilasman; 05-13-2017 at 02:33 PM.