Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    if you ask anyone about avengers they will give you one answer. mcu movies.
    so how can avengers actually be more popular when they only have movies.
    Not making a statement either way (because, lawl, there's no singular "popularity" rating), but...you do know more people watch movies than read comic books, right?

Like...way more.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-09-2017 at 02:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I mean that's nice and all but the MCU is literally the highest grossing film series ever. There is a whole generation of kids and teenagers growing up with Iron Man and Captain America. 20 years from now, these people will see the Avengers as the dominant Marvel franchise.

Don't believe me? Look at the X-Men. They were total nobodies during the 60s and most of the 70s. When Claremont took over, they became a powerhouse and thus relevant today. The MCU today is basically the same thing for the Avengers. Everyone from 5 year olds to people in their 20s love Iron Man (who's probably become one of the 3 most popular characters ever)

What is iconic constantly changes. The Avengers will absolutely be considered iconic in 20-30 years

You're applying your personal opinions to pop culture. I love Spidey and X-Men the most in Marvel but even I'll admit that the Avengers are running the current superhero movie craze and will be remembered highly in the future
    MCU as the highest grossing film franchise but it is mutiple franchises rolled into 1. I talked about this strategy on another thread. its was a mastermind strategy but when you break it down there is nothing to chew.

if you look at it as marvel studios as one franchise. then WB should look at things the same way. combining harry potter, lord of the rings and DC movies. So yeah, it is not an even plain field.

heck, we don't even here things like the pixar studio franchise because toy story, up, finding nemo, cars, the incredibles are judged separately. the MCU franchise accounts for about 6 marvel series working as one, .. (iron man, thor, captain america, gotg, antman, hulk). it would be 7 if x-men was in the mcu.

You are forgetting something about x-men. chris claremont and other writers told masterpiece stories, that will stand the test of time. mcu movies are generic and are easily forgotten after you leave the cinema. x-men movies hold up better because they are far less shallow.

avengers are ''currently'' like all disney formulaic process products. spiderman and x-men have been there and done that and now rely on the longevity they have had for 50 years and they did it without a mega force like disney backing them up or a cinematic universe. that is more impressive.

the problem with a cinematic universe is that people get so attracted to comic characters from different series meeting on screen that they forget how we judge good movies. this is why I hated the idea of an x-men and f4 cinematic universe. hardly any substance lies beyond the surface.

Before Avengers 2012, how many of the set up movies were great? neither for me but to the unbiased mcu fans, they will say just one. Iron Man 2008.

iron man 2, thor 1, captain america 1, hulk. all forgettable mediocre movies but when you remember they are part of a cinematic universe and is all a plan to make an avengers movie, you all will get hyped up. sadly that does not erase the fact that the movies were mediocre.
    Last edited by Selina; 05-09-2017 at 03:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Not making a statement either way (because, lawl, there's no singular "popularity" rating), but...you do know more people watch movies than read comic books, right?

Like...way more.

and why marvel declined greatly in sales, lol at the diversity blame. they tried to turn the comics to the mcu and it backfired. big time.

from what I can see, spiderman and x-men are the only two marvel properties that can succeed in any medium. (comics, movies, tv, animations)x-men more than spiderman.

people watch movies more but it depends on the people you appeal to. mcu appeals to kids and the transformers masses.

x-men movies appeals mostly to adults .

BANNED

and why marvel declined greatly in sales, lol at the diversity blame. they tried to turn the comics to the mcu and it backfired. big time.
    I'm sure you've got some cold, hard data, yes?

Yes...?

Okay, I won't be holding my breath.

MCU as the highest grossing film franchise but it is mutiple franchises rolled into 1. I talked about this strategy on another thread. its was a mastermind strategy but when you break it down there is nothing to chew.

if you look at it as marvel studios as one franchise. then WB should look at things the same way. combining harry potter, lord of the rings and DC movies. So yeah, it is not an even plain field.

heck, we don't even here things like the pixar studio franchise because toy story, up, finding nemo, cars, the incredibles are judged separately. the MCU franchise accounts for about 6 marvel series working as one, .. (iron man, thor, captain america, gotg, antman, hulk). it would be 7 if x-men was in the mcu.

You are forgetting something about x-men. chris claremont and other writers told masterpiece stories, that will stand the test of time. mcu movies are generic and are easily forgotten after you leave the cinema. x-men movies hold up better because they are far less shallow.

avengers are ''currently'' like all disney formulaic process products. spiderman and x-men have been there and done that and now rely on the longevity they have had for 50 years and they did it without a mega force like disney backing them up or a cinematic universe. that is more impressive.

the problem with a cinematic universe is that people get so attracted to comic characters from different series meeting on screen that they forget how we judge good movies. this is why I hated the idea of an x-men and f4 cinematic universe. hardly any substance lies beyond the surface.

Before Avengers 2012, how many of the set up movies were great? neither for me but to the unbiased mcu fans, they will say just one. Iron Man 2008.

iron man 2, thor 1, captain america 1, hulk. all forgettable mediocre movies but when you remember they are part of a cinematic universe and is all a plan to make an avengers movie, you all will get hyped up. sadly that does not erase the fact that the movies were mediocre.
    It's all one franchise because it takes place in one universe. You're basically suggesting that Deadpool shouldn't be included in the x-men franchise. How good you think the movies are is irrelevant. The Avengers (2012) is the modern day Superman: The Movie. Being formulaic is not a flaw because the target audience, families, love them and will remember them for decades to come

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Just to point out the guy who said Ironman is absolutely in top 3 most iconic , according to google trends he ranks quite low
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY