Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Something weird: "Logan" beats "Wolverine"... be careful what exact terms you guys are using here lol

BTW "Ironman" is pathetically low weirdly enough also. "Spiderman" "Superman" are huge and "Batman" is insane
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Interesting I just compared XMen and Avengers. Avengers has an enormously huge spike in trend around mid 2015 ( I think Ultron came out then ) and is almost always a bit ahead of XMen except for DoFP and Apocalypse releases where XMen does go higher than them. Frankly I expected XMen to do even worse vs Avengers. (XMen dominate the hell out of Inhumans in terms of google trend though, like 0 contest although most recently inhumans are trending upward and they had a decent spike one time but never reached xmen level)
    true but this is why we call all these things fads. a movie comes out and there are google search of the movies. How about longevity?

Is uncanny avengers lasting like uncanny x-men 1975?

x-men has been around and going strong for almost 50 years in every medium. can we say the same about iron man? if we remove iron man movies, what can the character fall back on?

Xelossik clearly has a lot of hate for the x-men. it must be because of the..... no one supports how x-men in the mcu is a great idea. which leads me back to popularity.

people know x-men well enough to know that the mcu will be a disaster for the series and x-men works better in their own world. a grounded mature world telling real stories in film. unlike the mcu toy sales comedy world.

at least x-men has its own separate identity. other marvel characters apart from spiderman and f4 are all defined and looked at in the same way thanks to their popularity coming from the mcu. no diversity or substance there.

google shows us a FAD. I am sure on google. one direction is beating the rolling stones. LOL
    Last edited by Selina; 05-09-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Fistbumps Selina in true solidarity

Keep on'a preachin'
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member

It shows level of interest and to a slightly lesser extent level of awareness.

I assume Magik ranked so high because of her appearance in Marvel heroes, where she is an insanely popular character to use.

Something weird: "Logan" beats "Wolverine"... be careful what exact terms you guys are using here lol

BTW "Ironman" is pathetically low weirdly enough also. "Spiderman" "Superman" are huge and "Batman" is insane
    Logan is a very common name though. It could include people searching for the movie and just about anybody named Logan

BANNED

Interesting I just compared XMen and Avengers. Avengers has an enormously huge spike in trend around mid 2015 ( I think Ultron came out then ) and is almost always a bit ahead of XMen except for DoFP and Apocalypse releases where XMen does go higher than them. Frankly I expected XMen to do even worse vs Avengers. (XMen dominate the hell out of Inhumans in terms of google trend though, like 0 contest although most recently inhumans are trending upward and they had a decent spike one time but never reached xmen level)
    You should check X-men and Avengers before and after Avengers 1.
    trends.jpg

blue X-men
    red Avengers

first red spike - Avengers 1
    second red spike - Avengers 2
    Last edited by Xelossik; 05-09-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Magik might also be people misspelling magic, both deliberately and by accident.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Magik might also be people misspelling magic, both deliberately and by accident.
    maybe but she is really popular in the games

and Rogue and Gambit can be higher because people search when they will be in the movies...

BANNED

I'm pleasantly surprised by Magik's placement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You should check X-men and Avengers before and after Avengers 1.
    trends.jpg

blue X-men
    red Avengers

first red spike - Avengers 1
    second red spike - Avengers 2

what of the combine popular status from 1963-2016 from and in movies, comic, tv shows, video game, pop culture relevance.

F4 alone has sold over 150 million comics for marvel. how many has avengers sold?

usually comics are harder to sell

BANNED

Selina:
    As i wrote in first post in this thread:

Google Trends shows trends not popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post

what of the combine popular status from 1963-2016 from and in movies, comic, tv shows, video game, pop culture relevance.

F4 alone has sold over 150 million comics for marvel. how many has avengers sold?

usually comics are harder to sell
    99% of the world has never read a superhero comic in their life. The Avengers are far more relevant today than FF have ever been just due to the success of the movies alone

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    99% of the world has never read a superhero comic in their life. The Avengers are far more relevant today than FF have ever been just due to the success of the movies alone
    there is a fine line between never read , never heard or known off or even impact.

Marvel had matched and one could argue have even surpassed DC by the 1970s - present and that is solely because of spidermen, x-men and f4. Twilight was relevant when their movies was going on..now that is over is it still relevant? would avengers be relevant after they stop making their movies?

you see F4, X-Men Spiderman are beyond their movies. they never needed their movies for any type of popularity. they are the only marvel properties that can rival DC's Superman , Batman and Wonder Woman in terms of longevity and overall popularity for 75 years. THOSE ARE THE FACTS.

lets me ask the you. if iron man had bombed in 2008. who anyone have cared?

People showed their outraged and disappointment when the first F4 film came out...do you see the difference. Iron Man was a d-lister, F4 was already on the A-List. maybe if we can call the avengers movie a classic it may remain relevant. sadly we cant.

in 100 years, you will here more pop culture reference about Dr Doom than the Avengers. X-Men has been consistent for decades, lets see if Avengers will consistent when the MCU dies. if you ask anyone about x-men they will give you different answers.

many will say comics,

many will say movies,

many will say video games especially if you grew up in the 90s or early 2000s aka the arcade generation.

many will way X-Men: TAS and to an extent X-Men Evolution.

Many will say Chris Claremont.

Many will say..oh that comic series that uses superheroes as social commentary to preach against racism and prejudice.

if you ask anyone about avengers they will give you one answer. mcu movies.
    so how can avengers actually be more popular when they only have movies. avengers and the mcu are the reason marvel declined in sales. Ironic that you have Batman as your icon, X-Men was the answer to DC's Batman. if you remove x-men from marvel. 60% of the best and most classic marvel stories will cease to exist.

I can call X-Men and F4 an Iconic marvel series.can you call Avengers that? Avengers are the one direction and Hannah Montana of music. if you think I am telling a lie just look at the disney strategy. its the same.

Xelossik is obsessed with popularity because he is scared the avengers 15 minutes of fame are over. their movies have gotten stale and are bringing nothing new, they make money because disney markets it to kids. meanwhile x-men movies can bring more to the genre from sci fi dramas like dofp/first class to westerns like Logan to satire comedy like Deadpool. fox has said the x-men movies will push more boundaries and blend more genre after the sucess of logan. Fox has also apologised for how bad apocalypse was. meanwhile mcu will still be the same disney formulaic generic dumbed down movies for kids. how long can MCU keep that up? really?

x-men has already proven its popularity and longevity without movies. the x-men comics transcended fiction.if you want to argue avengers movies. okay..fine. but also remember that avengers movies are made for kids and when kids grow up, they will ditched the avengers and move on to movies like DOFP, Logan Batman Begins or TDK...you know, the more adult themed serious comic films where there is more to chew....depth, compelling plots, hard hitting themes and story telling instead of jokes, mindless feel good fun and explosions.
    Last edited by Selina; 05-09-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

maybe if jean superhero name was just phoenix she would be way more higher.....
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    there is a fine line between never read , never heard or known off or even impact.

Marvel had matched and one could argue have even surpassed DC by the 1970s - present and that is solely because of spidermen, x-men and f4. Twilight was relevant when their movies was going on..now that is over is it still relevant? would avengers be relevant after they stop making their movies?

you see F4, X-Men Spiderman are beyond their movies. they never needed their movies for any type of popularity. they are the only marvel properties that can rival DC's Superman , Batman and Wonder Woman in terms of longevity and overall popularity for 75 years. THOSE ARE THE FACTS.

lets me ask the you. if iron man had bombed in 2008. who anyone have cared?

People showed their outraged and disappointment when the first F4 film came out...do you see the difference. Iron Man was a d-lister, F4 was already on the A-List. maybe if we can call the avengers movie a classic it may remain relevant. sadly we cant.

in 100 years, you will here more pop culture reference about Dr Doom than the Avengers. X-Men has been consistent for decades, lets see if Avengers will consistent when the MCU dies. if you ask anyone about x-men they will give you different answers.

many will say comics,

many will say movies,

many will say video games especially if you grew up in the 90s or early 2000s aka the arcade generation.

many will way X-Men: TAS and to an extent X-Men Evolution.

Many will say Chris Claremont.

Many will say..oh that comic series that uses superheroes as social commentary to preach against racism and prejudice.

if you ask anyone about avengers they will give you one answer. mcu movies.
    so how can avengers actually be more popular when they only have movies. avengers and the mcu are the reason marvel declined in sales. Ironic that you have Batman as your icon, X-Men was the answer to DC's Batman. if you remove x-men from marvel. 60% of the best and most classic marvel stories will cease to exist.

I can call X-Men and F4 an Iconic marvel series.can you call Avengers that? Avengers are the one direction and Hannah Montana of music. if you think I am telling a lie just look at the disney strategy. its the same.

Xelossik is obsessed with popularity because he is scared the avengers 15 minutes of fame are over. their movies have gotten stale and are bringing nothing new, they make money because disney markets it to kids. meanwhile x-men movies can bring more to the genre from sci fi dramas like dofp/first class to westerns like Logan to satire comedy like Deadpool. fox has said the x-men movies will push more boundaries and blend more genre after the sucess of logan. Fox has also apologised for how bad apocalypse was. meanwhile mcu will still be the same disney formulaic generic dumbed down movies for kids. how long can MCU keep that up? really?

x-men has already proven its popularity and longevity without movies. the x-men comics transcended fiction.if you want to argue avengers movies. okay..fine. but also remember that avengers movies are made for kids and when kids grow up, they will ditched the avengers and move on to movies like DOFP, Logan Batman Begins or TDK...you know, the more adult themed serious comic films where there is more to chew....depth, compelling plots, hard hitting themes and story telling instead of jokes, mindless feel good fun and explosions.
    I mean that's nice and all but the MCU is literally the highest grossing film series ever. There is a whole generation of kids and teenagers growing up with Iron Man and Captain America. 20 years from now, these people will see the Avengers as the dominant Marvel franchise.

Don't believe me? Look at the X-Men. They were total nobodies during the 60s and most of the 70s. When Claremont took over, they became a powerhouse and thus relevant today. The MCU today is basically the same thing for the Avengers. Everyone from 5 year olds to people in their 20s love Iron Man (who's probably become one of the 3 most popular characters ever)

What is iconic constantly changes. The Avengers will absolutely be considered iconic in 20-30 years

You're applying your personal opinions to pop culture. I love Spidey and X-Men the most in Marvel but even I'll admit that the Avengers are running the current superhero movie craze and will be remembered highly in the future
    Last edited by The Kid; 05-09-2017 at 02:13 PM.