Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    The thing to realize is that both the objectification of women as sexual possessions, and the erasure of gay male sexuality have been tools of the straight male subset of the population to cement their power and strengthen their own egos.

So it's not that "funny" - it's quite logical.
    You make a good point.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    In all this bickering, nobody posted Mike Grell's Cosmic Boy redesign? Shame!

And wasn't there a pinkish/fleshtone costume exactly like this one? I think that one looked even worse!

I love this thread, but I'm running out of popcorn.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    You're rude and demanding. Go away.
    What do you know, that actually seems to have worked.

While you have to be a bit of an old timer, X-Men #4 has a bit of this.

While I know this doesn't meet the criteria, I'm just going to leave this here and not get into how problematic (I love that catch-all term) this thread is...
    For some half-naked injured DILF action, check out JSA #10 (DC, 2000) drawn by out and proud leather daddy Stephen Sadowski.
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-15-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I was thinking if it was a thread for both sexy men and women from comics, it would be more acceptable.
    A combined thread of that type would have the advantage of showing a wide range of the ways in which artists portray attractiveness, whether or not they are said to "objectivize" (lunkheaded word) the subjects.

It does seem to me rather inevitable that you're going to see female subjects given more attention as long as there are more actual hetero artists in the business. It's not a big conspiracy as such, unless you want to call human reproductive nature a conspiracy.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    It does seem to me rather inevitable that you're going to see female subjects given more attention as long as there are more actual hetero artists in the business. It's not a big conspiracy as such, unless you want to call human reproductive nature a conspiracy.
    It's more to do with the market than the artists, IMO. If female readers suddenly the majority, you would be amazed how many panels spotlighting male butts would pop up all of the sudden.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm surprised no one has used the semi-famous or maybe infamous Naked Lion Wrestling in the Doom mini series a while back. There was a whole thread devoted to in before the board was rebooted. And before anyone asks, no....I didn't start the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It's more to do with the market than the artists, IMO. If female readers suddenly the majority, you would be amazed how many panels spotlighting male butts would pop up all of the sudden.
    It's something of a chicken-and-egg situation: hetero male artists draw a lot of the characters because they can appeal to a base of hetero male readers.

If a wealth of female readers thought they could find something relevant to their sexual interests, some artists would probably attempt to meet that perceived need. A "paranormal romance" comics line would be the sort of thing at which comics might excel, but one would have to overcome a long-standing cultural presence that comic books ought not to be overtly erotic.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I was thinking if it was a thread for both sexy men and women from comics, it would be more acceptable.
    That would be cool too. I think a couple a of rules would have to be established though to keep thing balanced.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

@Iron Maiden: The panels for the Doom mini remind me a lot of the panels for a manga series called Red River. There's a scene in there where two of the male leads are in the river bathing and then they come out to deal with someone trying to kill them and you have a black shadow discretion shot in the front but the back side gives you plenty of butt shots.

Mean time in regard to a thread on this, would it be allowed for Eastern comics as well. A number of female artist and writers in Manga do give, well to use an old phrase, eye candy of males in several shojo and Josei (girl and women) books, not to mention female artist that know girls are reading boys (shonen) comics and in the Seninen (men) books. There's also male artist/writers that add stuff in for women knowing that they read the books and try to at least include a few "pretty" male characters to appeal to the female demographic. Usually they're the rivals and such.

BANNED

and if what the OP is looking for doesn't exist?

he's claimed the "high ground"?

good for him

How about alternate reality Hercules and Wolverine? They were a couple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    How about alternate reality Hercules and Wolverine? They were a couple.

#BeefCake

with a capital B